“We really enjoy the quaint quiet rooms at the Chase Suites.”

Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We came into town for a wedding and stayed at the Chase Suites because we just love the rooms and the quaint and quiet feeling of the motel. We ended up bringing our 16 month old grandson back with us to the room for the night so his parents could stay at the wedding dance later so my husband slept on the fold-out couch and I slept on the bed with the baby. He said the couch was very comfortable and we both enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Jerikson, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Lincoln Nebraska, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments! We love to hear positive feedback like this. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you on your next visit!

Reviewed 13 March 2010

I booked this hotel for my son (19) and paid for it in advance. They refused to let him stay there because he was not 21. So they turned him away, late at night. I called and they said they would not let him stay there. The desk clerk, Brandon, was incredibly rude and non professional. Be forewarned-- stay here at your own risk. No wonder the rates are so cheap-- I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I recently stayed at Chase Suites for one night when attending a family function. It was myself and my 2 young children. We got a studio room that had a nice kitchen area, small couch, flat screen TV, and bathroom. Cosmetically it needed some work but nothing major. It was clean and the bed really was very comfortable.

My biggest complaint is due to the staff. I knew by reading reviews on tripadvisor that there was no wi-fi but I brought my laptop just in case. I noticed an Ethernet cable in the kitchen drawer so I called the front desk to see what the cost was before I plugged in. They said it was free, but when I plugged the cable in my computer it said there was a $6 charge. I opted not to get online because I only needed to look up an address and didn't want to pay $6 for that. I was able to get online for free at the business center in the club house however.

The next morning we went to the breakfast in the clubhouse. I asked the front desk staff if they had high chairs. They replied, "Um. If we have any they'll be in the exercise room." So I took my 18 month old and 5 year old to the exercise room to find one. There were 2. I lugged the high chair out of the room, through the lobby and down the stairs all while holding my child and the front desk just continued to shuffle their papers. No one offered to help. And during breakfast my child almost fell out of the high chair because the tray would not latch on properly and would keep falling off. Again, staff were not one bit concerned and never offered to help even though I was well within eye sight.

Other than the staff, we had a good stay. For the price it's a good deal and the breakfast in the morning makes it an ever greater value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us. We continually strive to improve upon our service, and we appreciate all kinds of feedback. I will let you know that we do have free internet. It can be a little confusing as we are in the process of converting from a paid system to a free one but we have been proud to offer free high speed internet for the last six months. As for the other issues you experienced, we have addressed our Front Desk staff about them. I am confident that the problems you had were an isolated incident and were only as a result of the several things happening at that particular moment. Normally everyone on our Front Desk staff goes out of their way to make our guests as comfortable as possible. I hope that the next time you are visiting the Lincoln area you will give us another chance to prove that this is the case.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

I met my girlfriend here who drove from CO and I drove down from MN. We were looking for a romantic place that offered special amenities at a fair price. What sold us on Chase from the other hotels in the area was that the rooms offered fireplaces, LCD tvs, full kitchens and egyptian thread count sheets!

The exteriors of the buildings look a little rough shod, but don't let that deceive you. The interior of our unit was just like what was pictured on the hotel site. The fireplace was a great romantic touch and the kitchen was perfect for cooking a dinner for two. The crowning touch was the BED! Best we both had ever slept in and extremely comfortable. We both would stay at Chase in Lincoln, NE again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2010

The Chase Suites in Lincoln had some of the friendliest staff I have ever met with in a hotel. There were some issues, but they were dealt with in a timely and professional manner. We would definitely stay here again.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom loft suite. Having lots of room and two baths meant we could invite other friends over who were in town to visit. For dishes, there seemed to be four place settings, so a family might want to supplement with paper items. I was concerned that the outside stairs might be icy, but even my parents, who are seniors, had no problem with them.

The rugs and bedroom decor are nice. The bathroom counters and floors could be updated, but then the hotel probably would be more expensive too. The dishwasher was noisy and we made the mistake of turning it on when we went to bed. Also, the bed in the loft seemed lumpy, I wasn't sure weather it was supposed to be one of those special mattresses that conforms to your body. But we slept okay.

The bathrooms could have been a little cleaner. I found hair on the bathroom counter. Also, when housekeeping came by at 8:30 am Saturday morning, we asked them to come back since we were getting ready to go out. They ended up not cleaning our room, so we mentioned this at check out. (I couldn't remember whether they had weekend cleaning.) The woman at the front desk explained that the housekeeping staff don't speak English, so they probably didn't understand. She took $25 off our bill without our asking. I really appreciated that.

We also wanted to use the oven and it wasn't working. Maintenance came right away and found that the circuit breaker had been turned off. He fixed it and we were able to use the oven. We saw him later and he asked how it was working.

The breakfast buffet was great. I wish it had opened a little earlier than 7:30 on weekends. We didn't get to partake of it on our second day because we were checking out early. I also used the computers in the clubhouse, and found them to be fine for checking e-mail.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay. I'm glad to hear that our Front Desk and Maintenance departments were able to resolve the issues you had, and I appreciate the positive things you had to say about your time here. We all know that, despite our best efforts, occasionally things do go wrong. So I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to rectify the problems you had and exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2010

We recently stayed at the Chase Suites in Lincoln NE. We drove 10 hrs to attend a wedding. We arrived at the hotel after our 10 hours drive and I knew I had mad a mistake when I first opened the door to the room. The first thing I noticed was the the door had been kicked in some time in the past and the fix was to simply paint the exposed wood and screw a cheap plate over the broken frame. My sister-in-law was staying in the room next door and her door was in the same condition. We found the room itself to be in poor condition there were holes in the bathroom door, broken tile in the entry, gouges in the walls. this is just to name a few issues. The first morning we were awoken by the maid service at shortly after 8AM. The maid opened the door even though we had set the dead bolt lock. Luckily we had also set the inside safety latch, however the fact that we did not answer the door and had the inside latch set was not enough to give them the hint that we wanted to sleep in. they then called us from the front desk to ask if we wanted service. The final disappointing thing was when we went to the "Club House" to get "Hot Breakfast" and found that they ran out of food 45 minutes before the breakfast was supposed to end.

All in all this was definitely not worth the money we paid for the room. If you are looking for a room in Lincoln NE I would say stay anywhere but here!

Reviewed 27 February 2010

What a great room for such a small price! We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly and met our every need!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple