“Excellent stay and value for this family with small children”

Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Excellent stay and value for this family with small children”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This hotel was a knockout. I read some pretty negative reviews before we decided to stay there on New Year's Eve. We have a 4 year old and 1 year old and we were traveling back to Colorado from Illinois. I was a little concerned when we arrived in our room and saw the neighbors had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on their door at 8PM and I could hear conversations in there. Once we were in our room though we couldn't hear anything from either side. We had a Queen room with a pull out couch. The linens were WONDERFUL, seriously the best hotel bed linens I've ever slept in. The comforter had a duvet so you can assume it's cleaned regularily. The room was clean and well appointed with a kitchenette, fridge, etc. and the bathroom was clean. The TV is large and flat screened. The next morning we were shocked at what an amazing breakfast spread they had. This is the most elaborate breakfast I've encountered in any hotel. They had omelettes, sausage, yogurt, cereal, soft drinks, juices, hard boiled eggs, hot oatmeal, various prepared fruits, toasts, muffins, you name it! The breakfast attendant was an older lady who was very friendly and helpful. Believe it or not, they had "TO GO" bags so you could take breakfast with you! She showed me! Overall, this was a great experience. The only down side was that they didn't have an indoor pool....but the outdoor pool looked very inviting. Thanks, Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Lincoln I-80 Staybridge Suites! We are so glad that we were able to prove our worth as a superior hotel in spite of what you may have heard or read. All of our staff, from housekeeping to breakfast, from maintenance to desk and bellman staff, know how important it is for guests to check into a clean and happy hotel. We are pleased to know that we succeeded in showing you, our guest, that your satisfaction is our number one priority!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have fallen in love with the Staybridge Suites! I've stayed in their chain in Lincoln, Chicago and Seattle. The best! This was my 3rd stay at the Lincoln location- first time in their 2 bedroom suite. Fabulous! We had a corner suite, which was bigger and nicer than my first apartment! There weren't many guests that night, if I based it just off the quietness of the hotel. But, the other 2 times I stayed here, when it was fuller, it was equally quiet! The hotel is clean, beautiful and makes you feel like you're staying in a 5 star hotel, for half the price! On the other hand, you feel comfortable enough to believe you're at home! Love the wonderful breakfast choices, the free use of the washers and dryers and the convenience of the Staybridge Mart. The only "downside", if you can call it that, is that the pool is outdoors and since it was January, was closed for the season. My daughter was disappointed by that. But, she loved her bedroom! I'm hooked on Staybridge and will be back!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are far from the elevator. Ask for a 3rd floor room, so as not to have noise abov...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rockymt06
Thank you for your generous comment! It is wonderful and encouraging to know that our goal of customer satisfaction not only pleased you, but has kept you coming back! We are so glad that your tidy room and outgoing staff made your stay such an enjoyable one.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is a very nice place. The location is very convenient. It has been newly remodeled. The staff is very helpful.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
We understand that traveling for business and being away from home can sometimes be tiresome. That is why we do our best to proivide clean and comfortable accomodations as well as a curtious and helpful staff to insure your satisfaction.

Thank you so much for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Usually, we stay in a Comfort Inn in Lincoln, NE further down I-80, but decided to try the Staybridge Suites on a whim. We travel with 4 adults (19 year old, 21 year old, and 2 parents) Usually, the kids take turns sleeping in the bed, vs. sleeping on the floor. NOT a problem at the Staybridge Suites!

The price was right (FREE, with Reward points). Instead of 2 queen sized beds crammed into a small room, we had 2 queen sized beds in a seperate room and a full sized sleeper sofa in the living room area. Both rooms had a TV, and it even had a small kitchen complete with dishwasher and fridge!

When we checked in, after driving 8 LONG hours....it was such a pleasure to be greeted by friendly professional desk clerks. Check-in went smoothly, and they told us about the FREE "happy hour" going on. To our very pleasant surprise, the main dining area was set up for snacks (this night, it was veggie trays, cookies, and hot chicken noodle soup!). How incredible to come from the road, and have a snack with sodas/juice waiting for us. Also available, was complimentary wine/beer. After 8 hours crammed in a car, that beer was wonderful and so relaxing!

Again, the staff running the happy hour, were so pleasant. If we wanted conversation, they were there for small-talk, if we wanted to just sit alone, and unwind, they left us alone. There were plenty of couches/tables set up for small groups to relax around the fireplace.

I just can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. We have found a permanent resting spot when we go on our long trips. Kudos to the staff, in Lincoln, Nebraska!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and guest feedback is a helpful tool in achieving our goals.

Our staff is committed to your comfort and satisfaction. We are so pleased that said commitment was reflected in your experience at our evening manager's reception and quality of our suites.

We hope to serve you again in the future!
Ftn Hills
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We have stayed here multiple times and always have a good experience. The front desk is always polite and professional. The hotels updating looks very nice. We had a king suite and they are spacious and very quiet. Happy hour is nice but unfortunately we never seem to be around during those hours. Breakfast is always great and so many options with waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit yogut.. Plus they have to go breakfasts that they will get ready for you, if you do not have time to sit down. The breakfast staff is friendly and helpful. It is a quick trip to downtown Lincoln or to get on I-80.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We spent the night at the Lincoln I-80 Staybridge on our drive cross-country. It's very nice with beautiful new decor. I was somewhat surprised to see dark brown comforters on the beds but was glad to see the expected white duvet underneath the comforter. The room lived up to the Staybridge brand. It was clean and the kitchen was nicely stocked and had a beautiful granite counter. The air conditioner was quite loud when it kicked on and interrupted my sleep and I kept finding roley polies...no idea how so many could get into one room...but maybe Nebraska is buggy?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed here for a week in a third floor king suite, and didn't have any major problems with our stay. The breakfast was good and the room was nicely appointed and comfortable. The only negatives I can think of are kind of nit-picky, but are why I gave this hotel four stars and not five:
1. The parking lot had narrow stalls.
2. A tiny box of laundry detergent was ~$3.50.
3. The top of the refrigerator was filthy (only seen by tall people).
4. The shower curtain liner was moldy (we asked for/received a replacement).
5. The bathroom was tiny (the door barely cleared the toilet).
6. The light in the sink area (aka "getting ready area") would shine directly on the bed.
7. The outside door on the bottom floor would slam shut, resulting in our third floor room door loudly rattling.
8. The price of one of our Friday nights was jacked way up, due to a football game the next day.

We'll stay here again, hopefully not when there's a football game.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends