“Excellent hotel for road-weary travelers”

Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was both comfortable and immaculate. The kitchen in my suite was well-stocked and convenient. I appreciated the clearly stated policy about noise; many hotels off the interstate cost nearly as much and there are screeching children and barking dogs in the hallways.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca H
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80 combines the comfort and amenities of an expensive downtown hotel with the convenience of our location just off Interstate 80.

Our hotel is bustling this time of year with road warriors like yourself, and for this reason we enforce our "Quiet Enjoyment" policy especially rigorously. It's nice to hear this policy, along with our many other amenities, made your stay relaxing and convenient. We value your feedback and appreciate the word-of-mouth endorsement. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you crave a room with a large refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher, then this is the place for you. But, those amenities were overkill for a one-night stay, and presumably the cost of the room reflected appliances that we didn't want or use. Moreover, while the room came with a laundry basket, it offered no luggage rack, and using the laundry basket upside down as a makeshift substitute didn't quite do the trick.

Since this Staybridge Inn is obviously geared to longer stays, you won't automatically get the housekeeping that other motels routinely offer (see the attached photo for details).

On the plus side, the included breakfast buffet was large, with a good variety of both hot and cold foods.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganBanjoMan
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80. We appreciate your feedback.

You are correct that we are more geared towards long-term stays. For this reason, we don't have luggage racks in the room (and instead have dressers for guest use) and I sincerely apologize that this aspect inconvenienced you.

If any guest would like additional cleanings over what we provide normally, we are happy to accommodate requests at no additional charge. It's our goal to accommodate leisure travelers and long-term guests equally well, and I am grateful you took the time to tell us how we may better accommodate short-term stays.

If you would like to reach out to a manager, please don't hesitate to call us at (402)438-7829. Thank you for your patronage.

Laya Martin-Tardy,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Looked forward to a relaxing night after driving 14 hours from Grand Junction, CO. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that they had rooms available, but we were turned away because they "don't allow walk-ins after 11." Seriously?!?!?!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Ibskibum
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Ibskibum,

I am terribly, terribly sorry we could not accommodate you. I cannot imagine being turned away from a hotel after having driven for 14 hours. I can tell by your reviews here and on Yelp that this was extremely unpleasant experience and I sincerely apologize.

I will be meeting with the front desk agent you dealt with. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. If the management team may be of further assistance, do not hesitate to call the hotel directly.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The good. Room size and character good. Free breakfast excellent. Cost slightly confusing for the per day cost. Desk Mgr. Good.
The bad. Staybridge res was prepaid with a credit card. Why do the charge 50 dollars when you check in and they want to swipe the card again? Sounds like a perfect opportunity for fraud or at least stolen identity. Too bad.

It would had been a perfect trip otherwise. I will not return to any staybridge until that changes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jon M

Jon,

Thank you very much for your review of Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80. We value your opinions and your feedback is vital to our ability to improve the service we offer. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our executive housekeeper and front desk staff. I understand why you are upset about the hotel's incidentals policy, and maybe I can offer some explanation.

This practice is standard across all hotels, not just ours. Many hotels don't even tell you they have authorized your card for more than your total, but we believe in transparency at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80. At Staybridge Suites, your card is not charged, but it is authorized for an additional $50 to cover long distance phone calls, purchases from the Pantry, and accidental damage to guest suites. I would advise that you inquire further about this practice during your next hotel stay.

For guests who are concerned about their funds being tied up on their account, I might suggest leaving a $50 cash deposit instead, because sometimes it can take your bank a few days to release the funds after we have reversed the authorization.

For what it's worth, Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80 handles hundreds of credit card transactions every week, and have never had a case of identity theft or fraud by an employee. I understand, however, that you can't be too careful.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion, and hope that I have been of some help. If you'd like to discuss this matter further, our management team here are here for you! Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stopped here on our way cross-country (moving) and after driving 9+ hours, we checked in to our room. We turned down the sheets almost immediately, and saw several (3-5) urine stains on the sheets.

We called downstairs to advise the staff of this, and they promptly moved us to another room and apologized. The room was also comped. However, the new room had a pillow case adorned with mascara marks. This really should not have happened, and I think that's pretty clear.

I understand dogs are allowed at this hotel, and there's really no telling who those stains came from (although I'm pretty sure dogs don't wear mascara), but it boggles my mind housekeeping put those sheets on and DIDN'T notice those stains. Or, that maybe the hotel needs to invest in new/more sheets so housekeeping is not in this position.

I wish our experience had been different, but I would strongly advise everyone staying here to check their linens right away.

On the bright side, the front desk staff is pleasant and friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arae81
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Arae81,

As you noted, it is clear to the hotel staff the problems you incurred should not have happened, and I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues as well as the inconvenience of moving to a new room.

I am pleased our staff handled your issue well, but it is of little consolation. I am very sorry. Your case is being investigated thoroughly and the entire hotel team has been alerted. It is our hope that with more vigilance and attention to detail, problems such as yours can be avoided altogether.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. Reviews online, especially negative ones, are vital to our ability to improve our hotel. If the management staff can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first stay at this Staybridge property and we would definitely stay here again. From the ease of check-in to the complimentary managers social hour (Tues-Thurs) to the morning breakfast everything was well done. In addition, the staff was happy to help out with anything and were certainly customer focused. What a pleasant change from many other hotel properties!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Al O
Laya M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincoln I-80, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Al,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Reviews like yours mean we get the chance to extend our great service to others. Our facilities are very nice, but honestly, it is our staff that make this hotel special. We are truly blessed to have a staff that are so committed to helping our guests. We hope you will join us again soon for the Evening Social! Thanks again for your input.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We used your ratings to find this motel, which is very conveniently located off I 80. The motel almost feels like a resort with a spa, pool, workout room, T-Th evening buffet with free wine and beer (yes, free wine and beer), breakfast buffet and convenience shop. We didn't even have to go out for dinner after the free potato and salad bar. Our suite had a nice kitchen, living room, and full bath. All for the price of a room alone other places. Will stay at Staybridge again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite facing the courtyard.