“Terrible Internet connectivity”

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible Internet connectivity”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed at this Hampton inn for business.
Wireless connection was barely above dial-up speeds (it doesn't take much effort to improve that service).
The wired connection did not exist in my room. The cat 5 cable had two broken clips.
Got a replacement from the front desk.
That didn't work either.
What connection I did have would intermittently stop completely.
Room was standard - exactly what I would expect from this chain.
If your're staying for business and need a good wireless connection, I would not stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HarbingerHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln - Heritage Park, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at our property. We agreed with you on the connectivity so you will happy to know that it has been corrected. As of March 29, 2012, we implemented a new fiber line that gives us access to ten times the previous bandwidth. I cannot do anything about the previous stay, but can assure you that if you give us another try you will not be diappointed! Thank you again for the feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sabetha, Kansas
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My wife and I stated at this Hampton Inn with two other couples on February 3rd. Both the rooms and common areas have been recently renovated and are very nice. Breakfast was more than the usual continental fare with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. I wouldn't rate the quality as outstanding, but it was still good, and the dining area was extremely nice. The staff was absolutely wonderful! At check-in, the young man who assisted us was very professional, courteous and helpful with information about the hotel and how to catch a cab. The night staff at the front desk was very nice....even after I locked myself out of my room on two separate occasions. During our stay, LIncoln received nearly a foot of snow. The lady at the front desk was great....offering us road reports from those traveling to the hotel....as well as those who were cancelling due to the storm. She also allowed us to check out a little late so that we could make it home safely. We will definitely be staying at this same hotel the next time we travel to Lincoln.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This is your typical Hampton Inn, comfortable beds, cookies and all that. It is right next door to a Lazlo's which is an excellent place to have good meal and a few drinks. It is far away from any downtown action so take that into account if you have business in the Haymarket.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Brandon, South Dakota
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn many times and the service is great! The front desk gals are very helpful and willing to help out with any request. Housekeeping does a great job with the rooms each night.

My only complaint would be that there isn't a small refrigerator and/or microwave in the room. I travel at least 3 nights a week and many Hampton Inns have these amenities. It's a big bonus and wish that this hotel had the same!

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the elevators are great!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 October 2011

In all fairness, the common areas of this hotel are currently under renovation. The rooms, however, have been redone. They are OK, but definitely nothing to write home about. The lack of a microwave and fridge is a bit of a detractor. Additionally, my room seemed a bit small. The staff is excellent, though, always willing to help out. The location is not the best, especially if you have business in Downtown Lincoln. There are a lot of alternatives that are much closer...

• Stayed October 2011
Seattle
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Opened my visit on a sour note, as I was confronted upon check in about my rate. I had booked the room about 1 year prior to my visit, because I know that hotels in cities that host major college football games often jack up their rates for game weekends. So I book early and avoid paying the high prices. Anyway, the hotel didn't like the great rate that I had and tried to change the terms/condtions of my rate. Not a good start. The good news was that the manager arrived in the morning and over ruled her desk staff and left my rate as it had been booked. As a long time hilton honors participant, with over 100 nights in Hampton Inn's across the country, it's a darn good thing my rate was honored.

As to the hotel, it's pretty much exactly what you would expect from a hampton Inn, clean comfortable basic rooms, a decent breakfast, and aside from the initial staff encounter, a friendly staff. Good location next to a restaurant called Lazlo's, which has very good food.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I did not stay at this Hampton Inn, but visited it to determine if I wanted to stay at a Hampton Inn during my travels to Lancaster, PA. The staff (Kyle) was very helpful in telling me about the Hampton Inn and had one of the housekeeping staff show me a room. She was proud to talk about their renovations. Another staff told me about their meticulous standards and quarterly inspections, then worked with Kyle to get me the best price on a room. They made the reservation for me in order to lock in the price. I was so pleased to go on my trip knowing that I would be staying at an Inn like the one in Lincoln...and I was not disappointed. I will always choose Hampton Inns!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family