“Nice Property”

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice Property”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I recently stayed at this property with my teenaged son for a baseball tournament. Newer property with clean rooms. Morning breakfast was average at best. Right next to a fine restraunt called Lazlo's. Fine location if you are in town for a baseball tournament. Would not be a great location if you are travelling on I-80 and want to just spend the night. Quite a ways away from I-80. I would recommend this place if you are doing something on the south / southwest side of Lincoln.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CGB5620

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The place was very clean but i am a hilton employee and the manger at this hampton inn calls your work place and ask if you work there because of the great employee discount we get. I believe that is very rude for a manger to call your work place when you are on vacation. When I got back to work my own GM even says that is very rude for another hotel to do so. Also, the fitness work out place is out of date and isnt very good. Overall, my stay was pretty good besides that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hilt0nH0tels
HarbingerHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln - Heritage Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that overall you had a positive experience at our property. However, I am sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with our newly implemented Hilton's Jump Start Fitness center. In December of 2011, we completely renovated the area which included all new cardio equipment, free weights, exercise balls and yoga mats. We felt the improvements provided an exceptional workout area so again, I am disappointed to hear that it was not adequate.

Regarding the other issue, I do require our Front Desk Manager to verify employment when a reservation is booked using Hilton's Team Member Travel program, as do most General Managers within the Hilton Family. Unfortunately, due to abuse of the program, it has become increasingly more necessary to ensure that the Guest is eligible. If you are truly a Hilton employee and eligible for the discount program, there should be no problem with the verification process.

Thank you again!
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Went to Lincoln for family business not realizing it was Nebraska Cornhusker spring game. Believe me, this brings in the super fans. Stayed here as it is in South Lincoln away from downtown and the campus. The room was clean, the people frendly and the breakfast was par for the course. he wife and I have no complaints except that it stormed all day. The game was called off and sirens did go off in the night. I don'tknow if we were tired or the room was well insulated because neither of us heard the sirens or storm noise. Slept right through it.
Very good stay and would recommend this lodge to anyone who asks. Great location for our needs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
HarbingerHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln - Heritage Park, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at our property. It is the only way we know how were are doing. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay and hope that you will come again if your travels bring you back to Lincoln!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Convenient, great parking, free breakfast. Room was cold, but otherwise everything was great!

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed at this Hampton inn for business.
Wireless connection was barely above dial-up speeds (it doesn't take much effort to improve that service).
The wired connection did not exist in my room. The cat 5 cable had two broken clips.
Got a replacement from the front desk.
That didn't work either.
What connection I did have would intermittently stop completely.
Room was standard - exactly what I would expect from this chain.
If your're staying for business and need a good wireless connection, I would not stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HarbingerHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lincoln - Heritage Park, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at our property. We agreed with you on the connectivity so you will happy to know that it has been corrected. As of March 29, 2012, we implemented a new fiber line that gives us access to ten times the previous bandwidth. I cannot do anything about the previous stay, but can assure you that if you give us another try you will not be diappointed! Thank you again for the feedback!
Sabetha, Kansas
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My wife and I stated at this Hampton Inn with two other couples on February 3rd. Both the rooms and common areas have been recently renovated and are very nice. Breakfast was more than the usual continental fare with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. I wouldn't rate the quality as outstanding, but it was still good, and the dining area was extremely nice. The staff was absolutely wonderful! At check-in, the young man who assisted us was very professional, courteous and helpful with information about the hotel and how to catch a cab. The night staff at the front desk was very nice....even after I locked myself out of my room on two separate occasions. During our stay, LIncoln received nearly a foot of snow. The lady at the front desk was great....offering us road reports from those traveling to the hotel....as well as those who were cancelling due to the storm. She also allowed us to check out a little late so that we could make it home safely. We will definitely be staying at this same hotel the next time we travel to Lincoln.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This is your typical Hampton Inn, comfortable beds, cookies and all that. It is right next door to a Lazlo's which is an excellent place to have good meal and a few drinks. It is far away from any downtown action so take that into account if you have business in the Haymarket.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business