Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We were driving back from Denver to Des Moines and got a late start so needed to stop for the night. I saw an expedia unadvertised special for fifty bucks on a 3 star hotel and hoped I'd snag a Holiday inn. When I got my confirmation at the Country inn and Suites I lowered my expectations, which was entirely the wrong thing to do. From the comfortable inviting check in area with complimentary snacks and hot beverages, the nice and abandoned pool area and hot tub (outside hot tub even in sub zero weather) to our well appointed room-I was impressed. The room had very comfortable beds a nice tv and looked clean. My 3 complaints and they are minor: a hole in the wall in our room had been filled with spackle and had not been painted, our shower had a crack in show wall and looked like it had been shabbily repaired with silicon caulk, and finally I asked for a king bed and they said that they 'had to give me 2 queen beds'. The huge number of empty spots in the parking lot made me think that they likely had a room available but just weren't being flexible.

Again these are pretty minor, overall I was very happy with everything including the hot full breakfast served. Nebraska hotel taxes are criminal but that's none of Country Inn and Suites doing. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Nahdogg,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that we could accommodate you during your trip. We appreciate all of your comments and will happily pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We have also passed your concerns about the quality of your room on to our management staff. They are currently looking into the situation. Your concerns help us make the necessary adjustments to our hotel for you, and for future guests to our hotel.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stay here a lot for work. Great hotel and Staff. They recently completed remodeling all the rooms. The staff is awesome. They always upgrade my room before I even as. As soon as I walk in the front door they start getting my paperwork ready.
Awesome hot continental breakfast. They have EVERYTHING! You could eat breakfast for two weeks and never have to eat the same thing. The woman that works the breakfast area is super.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank J W
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I stayed here one night while traveling solo from Colorado Springs to Chicago. I booked it through Priceline.com, and upon arrival asked for a very quiet room as I needed a good night's sleep. The desk clerk was young, and at first put me in a room that was connected to another room where a family with kids was staying. I was like you've got to be kidding - I could hear their conversations and someone coughing loud and clear through the connecting door. I hadn't been there even a minute before I went back to the hotel clerk, who called her manager and asked if I could be upgraded to a better room. I was given a very nice King Room at the end of the hallway on the top floor - I was pleased. Here are my pros and cons about the hotel:

PROS:
-Cookies at the desk when you arrive;
-Very nice room with nice lounge chair and cozy, warm bed - pillowtop - wanted to take it home with me, nice bathroom with great shower;
-I was located near the stairwell which I normally don't like - but someone (either a guest or employee) had the foresight to leave the stair doors propped open to eliminate the noise of slamming doors;
-Nice flat screen TV mounted on wall - very modern with good channel selection. However, I couldn't find the channel that has the TV directory to see what was on TV - had to flip through all of the channels. Whatever happened to that?
-Very nice complimentary breakfast with warm and cold items - good juice selection, fresh fruit, coffee left out all of the time;
-Complimentary alcoholic drink tickets and 10% of entrees at connecting restaurant - VERY NICE TOUCH!!
-Nice hotel decor - had a country theme going on and the hotel was modern;
-My room faced a residential street and was quiet;
-Fitness room was adequate - cardio machines plus one bow-flex type machine;
-Indoor pool looked nice but didn't use;
-Decent business center with computers with internet access which I used - I think you could print too;

CONS:
-I am allergic to cats and dogs, and I saw a lot of dogs at this hotel during my stay. My room didn't seem to bother me though, so hopefully they have non-pet rooms.
-This hotel attracts family with kids, and I was near a room with a crying baby. However, I didn't hear the baby past 10pm, so it really wasn't an issue. Just beware if you are traveling solo;
-Like most hotels, the heater seemed to make a slight hissing sound so I turned it off - thank goodness the room didn't get too cold.
-I had a little problem with the restaurant - I only ordered a cup of soup and cheese sticks with my complimentary drink, but it took almost 45 minutes and the restaurant wasn't very busy. The waitresses were young, and it appeared like the restaurant was in need of an older person coordinating everything. I called ahead of time and came down 10-15 minutes later expecting it to be ready, but the waitress hadn't even put in my order because she thought I was going to have a drink first. I'm like - why do you think I called ahead? But I was patient even though I was tired from a long trip, and enjoyed the TV in the restaurant while waiting a long time for my order.

Room Tip: The rooms with King Sized beds on the top floor facing the residential street are nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you very much for your very detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. We have passed your concerns about the hotel restaurant to the management of the restaurant. We appreciate you letting us know about your visit there. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again during future visits to the area.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I lean towards Marriotts when I travel for biz but none were available for my needs this time out. So my crew stayed here. We checked in to friendly faces who quickyl got us our room keys and signed us up for their Carlson rewards. When I entered my room I noticed the nice comfy beds, HD TV's, microwave and mini-fridge. There's fast and free wireless internet too. It's been quiet even though the place is sold out. When I return here in January for work I plan to stay here again even if the Marriott down the street is available. Also, there is a nice bar/restaurant attached to the hotel called Beacon Hills.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for giving Country Inn & Suites a try. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are glad that we provided that to you. Thank you for mentioning the Beacon Hills. We will pass those comments on to them. We hope when you return to the area again that you will come stay with us again.

Thanks again for your great comments. We hope to see you again in Lincoln.
Holton, Kansas
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Check in was quick and simple and staff was very courteous. Breakfast was excellent and the breakfast area was clean. Not a big deal for us, but it was a shower only and not a tub/shower like most places. Room was spacious and clean. Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: We had read the rooms on the west were quieter so we asked for the west side. It was quiet. Also t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. Your comments about the bathroom are being passed on to the management. We are always looking for good ideas how to make our hotel better.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again.
West Central, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 November 2011

this is a top notch value. They know how to treat their guests

• Stayed November 2011
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here in September - it's a bit further off I-80 than we usually stay but it was worth the extra mile or so drive.

It was very clean (except for one glitch), the front desk was very friendly, it was tastefully decorated, and in being a bit away from the highway it was VERY quiet.

I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

I'm giving four stars instead of five because there was some matted hair stuck to one of the blankets. It seems to me that a good housekeeper would have seen that while making the bed. It was the first thing I noticed when I pulled back the bedding. It's not a horrible thing - but it shouldn't have been there.

And I've given up on hotel/motel free breakfasts. If you're a healthy eater they're all horrid - this wasn't really an exception. But if you love to eat starch and sugar for breakfast - it was all there.

Other than that our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time tor review our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We are passing your concerns on about what you found on your bed spread and your concerns about the breakfast we serve. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your comments help us provide that service on to you, and our future guests.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope you will stay with us again!!!