“Want to give a good review, but can't this time.....”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Salt Lake City
“Want to give a good review, but can't this time.....”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was my second stay here and everything was great except that I got no sleep - and, after all, isn't that what we pay for at a hotel?

When I checked in I requested a quiet room - instead I got the nightmare cliche of every hotel story ever told all in the same night.

I was given a room right next to the side entrance door on the first floor. Every single person who came or went went by my room - I could hear their conversations and every time the heavy metal door closed the walls of my room shook. To my right were two yapper dogs, to my left was a screaming toddler, above me were a pair of elephants who, when they decided to cease their stomping around, needed to get amorous. At 12:22am. And their stomping began anew before 6am.

I stay in hotels because I'm on the road a lot - and when I have 10-12 hours of driving to do I need more than 5 hours of sleep. And when I check in at 530pm and request a quiet room I think the hotel can do better than to stick me next to the entrance door between dogs and children.

To be fair the hotel itself is lovely - fresh, immaculately clean, modern touches, comfortable bed and pillows, and the best breakfast buffet I've found in this class level of hotel. But I spend my money to get sleep and the hotel did not accommodate that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear KatieScarlettO,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We are so very sorry that you were not accommodated with your request for a quiet room. We have brought this up to our management staff and are currently looking into this matter. We apologize sincerely for this inconvenience. We appreciate your comments about the amenities in our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wyndmere, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Very nice staff and hotel. Good ocation and good rooms. It shows that the owners re-invest into the hotel. ATM in lobby didnt work, but other than that everything was great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Wyndmere,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We apologize for the ATM not working. We are currently addressing this issue. Thank you for all of your great comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country inn & Suites Lincoln North
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn and was thoroughly satisfied by the king room. It was clean ands fresh and apparently functional until my wife left a message which I never received because the message light on the phone was not functioning. I called and then noticed that the phone pad was unclean which I also reported. To their credit both were fixed by my retuurn the next day.
The comforter on the bed was way too heavy for the season.
Breakfast both days had many choices yet was typical buffet style with standardized plebian fare.
Overall,you get what you pay for..
RMN

Room Tip: The higher the better. There was a large ,late wedding party and I was pleased to be above ,rather t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear RMN123,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience with your phone. We are also looking into the concern about your comforter. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We apologize that we did not deliver that to you. We are currently looking into the concerns. Thank you for staying with us.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Taylorsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel lives up to the Country Inn and Suites standard. The 2-story lobby is charming and welcoming. The lobby stairs lead to a balcony-style, 2nd floor business center which feels more like a home library - very nice. My room was a standard guest room, not a suite, but had been recently renovated. It included a micro/fridge, and a large shower unit that is unusual for hotels, but a nice change.

Only one small downside: I was on the 2nd floor, and could clearly hear the guest(s) above me pacing their room. It wasn't children jumping or even a "hard walker," but was still very clear and loud from below. The floors/ceilings are not adequately insulated against that normal noise.

I especially enjoyed room service from the attached Beacon Hills restaurant. The prime rib flatbread pizza was delicious! After driving half-way across the state, I was ready to unwind with some good food in my comfortable room. This place fit the bill. I intend to make this hotel my regular stay-over before early morning flights home from Lincoln.

Room Tip: Get highest level, if possible, to avoid hearing guests above walking around.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear HappyFamily005,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments. We have passed your comments about the ceiling noise on to our management. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We are very happy that you said you will return to our hotel. You are always welcome to stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on a short trip to visit family in NE. We had booked online through the Carlson website and received a 15% discount. Check in was efficient and the front desk person was very friendly and helpful.She told us that she loved her job and it showed. We received discount tickets for drinks and dinner at the adjoining restaurant. Our king room was comfortable although a little too warm and we had to turn on the a/c (in Feb). The bathroom was pretty small but adequate. Breakfast the next morning was very good and the breakfast hostess was very helpful and attentive. Obviously this hotel values customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Soybeangirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They appreciate us telling them when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide great customer service to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again really soon.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We were driving back from Denver to Des Moines and got a late start so needed to stop for the night. I saw an expedia unadvertised special for fifty bucks on a 3 star hotel and hoped I'd snag a Holiday inn. When I got my confirmation at the Country inn and Suites I lowered my expectations, which was entirely the wrong thing to do. From the comfortable inviting check in area with complimentary snacks and hot beverages, the nice and abandoned pool area and hot tub (outside hot tub even in sub zero weather) to our well appointed room-I was impressed. The room had very comfortable beds a nice tv and looked clean. My 3 complaints and they are minor: a hole in the wall in our room had been filled with spackle and had not been painted, our shower had a crack in show wall and looked like it had been shabbily repaired with silicon caulk, and finally I asked for a king bed and they said that they 'had to give me 2 queen beds'. The huge number of empty spots in the parking lot made me think that they likely had a room available but just weren't being flexible.

Again these are pretty minor, overall I was very happy with everything including the hot full breakfast served. Nebraska hotel taxes are criminal but that's none of Country Inn and Suites doing. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Nahdogg,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that we could accommodate you during your trip. We appreciate all of your comments and will happily pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We have also passed your concerns about the quality of your room on to our management staff. They are currently looking into the situation. Your concerns help us make the necessary adjustments to our hotel for you, and for future guests to our hotel.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stay here a lot for work. Great hotel and Staff. They recently completed remodeling all the rooms. The staff is awesome. They always upgrade my room before I even as. As soon as I walk in the front door they start getting my paperwork ready.
Awesome hot continental breakfast. They have EVERYTHING! You could eat breakfast for two weeks and never have to eat the same thing. The woman that works the breakfast area is super.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business