Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Chicago, Illinois
“Quality Hotel”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I were very impressed with not only the professional care and service we received at this hotel, but also with the appearance and cleanliness. The room we had was comfortable, quiet and very clean. We certainly would recommend this location to all visitors.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Jayme866,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. We take great pride in being a professional staff. We appreciate all the feedback our guests provide for us. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you and your husband will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn 7 Suites Lincoln

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Notice that the title of my revue has a dollar sign instead of a plain "s". That's basically my overall impression. Mind you, there's very little to find wrong with this property. But given the basic two person price of $120/night? In Lincoln, Nebraska? On N. 27th St.? What makes this so relatively expensive given the location? I can't say. In fact, there are other chain motel properties along this end of 27, and they're all about the same price. Go figure. The good news is that you really do get a very good continental breakfast. The donuts are killers! That's good. And I have to mention that this is the first place I've stayed, anywhere in the world, where there's a light above the bath tub/ shower! You can see! One word of warning: There are plenty of stalls in the parking lot, but the space down the middle of the lot is very narrow. So, you really have to watch behind you when you back out of a stall. Now for the bad news: There's no free newspaper!!!! Say what?!!! At $120/night, you can't get a free newspaper?!!! It's been years since I stayed at a place that didn't have free newspapers or even a news stand outside the main doors. And my room didn't have a TV guide. Nice (sarcasm). The rooms? They're fine. Clean and well appointed, yada, yada. I just can't get over the price. The price is about 10% higher than seems reasonable. That's all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear oldhickory5,

Thank you for your comments and concerns about our hotel. We appreciate hearing the positive with the negative. We would like you to know that we do have free USA Today newpapers Monday through Friday available at the front desk. We also have a kiosk in front of our restaurant that carries the local Journal Star paper on a daily basis. Each of our rooms has a channel guide located in a three ring binder with all hotel information inside. When you visit us again, please be sure to ask for anything you feel we should have available for you, chances are we have it and are happy to offer it. Thanks again for posting your review, we greatly appreciate it!

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Great room and friendliest, most helpful staff. A bit off the highway.Great hot breakfeast, and those delicious Otis Spunkmeyer cookies always available at front desk! Swimming pool is large enough to actually swim laps; indoors and heated to the proper temp.Good work-out room also.Large room, very clean , micro/fridge and desk. Bed was great .One flaw and that is those steel interior corridor room doors.They slam and make noise when being opened, Either people are just not smart enough nor considerate enough to operate them in a quiet manner, not just close to your room but all the way down the corridor. Still a great stay. Restaurant and bar are attached to the motel with a delightful atmosphere , fantastic staff and food. Shopping nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Tom p,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for bringing to our attention about the doors being loud. This concern is being looked into by our management. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln North.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was my second stay here and everything was great except that I got no sleep - and, after all, isn't that what we pay for at a hotel?

When I checked in I requested a quiet room - instead I got the nightmare cliche of every hotel story ever told all in the same night.

I was given a room right next to the side entrance door on the first floor. Every single person who came or went went by my room - I could hear their conversations and every time the heavy metal door closed the walls of my room shook. To my right were two yapper dogs, to my left was a screaming toddler, above me were a pair of elephants who, when they decided to cease their stomping around, needed to get amorous. At 12:22am. And their stomping began anew before 6am.

I stay in hotels because I'm on the road a lot - and when I have 10-12 hours of driving to do I need more than 5 hours of sleep. And when I check in at 530pm and request a quiet room I think the hotel can do better than to stick me next to the entrance door between dogs and children.

To be fair the hotel itself is lovely - fresh, immaculately clean, modern touches, comfortable bed and pillows, and the best breakfast buffet I've found in this class level of hotel. But I spend my money to get sleep and the hotel did not accommodate that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear KatieScarlettO,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We are so very sorry that you were not accommodated with your request for a quiet room. We have brought this up to our management staff and are currently looking into this matter. We apologize sincerely for this inconvenience. We appreciate your comments about the amenities in our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Wyndmere, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Very nice staff and hotel. Good ocation and good rooms. It shows that the owners re-invest into the hotel. ATM in lobby didnt work, but other than that everything was great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Wyndmere,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We apologize for the ATM not working. We are currently addressing this issue. Thank you for all of your great comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country inn & Suites Lincoln North
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn and was thoroughly satisfied by the king room. It was clean ands fresh and apparently functional until my wife left a message which I never received because the message light on the phone was not functioning. I called and then noticed that the phone pad was unclean which I also reported. To their credit both were fixed by my retuurn the next day.
The comforter on the bed was way too heavy for the season.
Breakfast both days had many choices yet was typical buffet style with standardized plebian fare.
Overall,you get what you pay for..
RMN

Room Tip: The higher the better. There was a large ,late wedding party and I was pleased to be above ,rather t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear RMN123,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience with your phone. We are also looking into the concern about your comforter. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We apologize that we did not deliver that to you. We are currently looking into the concerns. Thank you for staying with us.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Taylorsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel lives up to the Country Inn and Suites standard. The 2-story lobby is charming and welcoming. The lobby stairs lead to a balcony-style, 2nd floor business center which feels more like a home library - very nice. My room was a standard guest room, not a suite, but had been recently renovated. It included a micro/fridge, and a large shower unit that is unusual for hotels, but a nice change.

Only one small downside: I was on the 2nd floor, and could clearly hear the guest(s) above me pacing their room. It wasn't children jumping or even a "hard walker," but was still very clear and loud from below. The floors/ceilings are not adequately insulated against that normal noise.

I especially enjoyed room service from the attached Beacon Hills restaurant. The prime rib flatbread pizza was delicious! After driving half-way across the state, I was ready to unwind with some good food in my comfortable room. This place fit the bill. I intend to make this hotel my regular stay-over before early morning flights home from Lincoln.

Room Tip: Get highest level, if possible, to avoid hearing guests above walking around.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear HappyFamily005,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments. We have passed your comments about the ceiling noise on to our management. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We are very happy that you said you will return to our hotel. You are always welcome to stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.