Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Kansas City, Missouri
“Failure!!!!!!1”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This place looks nice, new and clean. But the management makes bad decisions at every turn. They gave our reservation away to a family of 5 who were just staying one night, when we had reserved for 4 nights (even after calling to check on reservation the day prior, and giving them our arrival time). That was mistake number one. Their second mistake is letting a bunch of drunks wake an entire wing of the hotel up 3 nights in a row at 3 am in the morning. Warning don't stay here if you have kids who need sleep or if you value a good nights rest!!!!! It is absolutely the worst experience that I have had in a hotel in my life!!! Maybe last call at the attached restaurant should be 10pm so that the rest of us could get a peaceful nights sleep!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heidi H
ManagementTeamGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Heidi,

We apologize again for having to move you and your two girls into a standard double queen room, from your double queen suite, for your first night with us. We tried to do our best to accomodate all parites involved. Because you booked through a third party website, we were unable to discount your rate. This is why we offered to buy lunch for you and your two girls in our restaurant, which you gladly took us up on. We also re-opened our breakfast area (20 minutes after breakfast hours) for your girls one morning, as they truly wanted to be able to enjoy our breakfast, and accomodated them with exactly what they wanted.
Our restaurant closes at 10pm Sunday-Thursday and 11pm on Friday and Saturday. If our guests choose to go elsewhere and come back, they are entitled to do so. However, we always contact noisy guests to inform them of their unacceptable behavior and give them one warning before being removed from the hotel.
All in all we apologize deeply for the inconvenience we caused directly, and for the inconvenience caused by another guest. We hope to see you again during a future stay.
Colette Wear, CHS
Country Inn & Suites Lincoln North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Only rooms available were smoking, ewe, but they offered us a nonsmoking room for a discounted price. Yeah! They also gave us one with a jacizzi and fireplace! They made sure it was a room that had not had a smoker in it the night before. Also they sprayed it with air freshener before we got in. The smell was not bad. Quiet and comfy!

• Stayed June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We never go wrong when we choose Country Inn and Suites as we travel. It was true even more so during a recent trip west when we chose the Country Inn and Suites in Lincoln, NE. We not only had a great room, there was a great restaurant attached where we had a great dinner before retiring for the night.

When you travel make sure you stop at one of the Tourist Rest Stops when you enter a state and pick up the free Motel Guides. They often offer a 25% discount from the regular motel rate and this makes it more than worthwhile to track them down. And don't forget, when you are in the Lincoln, NE area find your way to the Country Inn and Suites on North 27th. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Try Room 335. We found it neat, quiet, and more than adequate for the two of us.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I were very impressed with not only the professional care and service we received at this hotel, but also with the appearance and cleanliness. The room we had was comfortable, quiet and very clean. We certainly would recommend this location to all visitors.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Jayme866,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. We take great pride in being a professional staff. We appreciate all the feedback our guests provide for us. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you and your husband will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn 7 Suites Lincoln
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Notice that the title of my revue has a dollar sign instead of a plain "s". That's basically my overall impression. Mind you, there's very little to find wrong with this property. But given the basic two person price of $120/night? In Lincoln, Nebraska? On N. 27th St.? What makes this so relatively expensive given the location? I can't say. In fact, there are other chain motel properties along this end of 27, and they're all about the same price. Go figure. The good news is that you really do get a very good continental breakfast. The donuts are killers! That's good. And I have to mention that this is the first place I've stayed, anywhere in the world, where there's a light above the bath tub/ shower! You can see! One word of warning: There are plenty of stalls in the parking lot, but the space down the middle of the lot is very narrow. So, you really have to watch behind you when you back out of a stall. Now for the bad news: There's no free newspaper!!!! Say what?!!! At $120/night, you can't get a free newspaper?!!! It's been years since I stayed at a place that didn't have free newspapers or even a news stand outside the main doors. And my room didn't have a TV guide. Nice (sarcasm). The rooms? They're fine. Clean and well appointed, yada, yada. I just can't get over the price. The price is about 10% higher than seems reasonable. That's all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear oldhickory5,

Thank you for your comments and concerns about our hotel. We appreciate hearing the positive with the negative. We would like you to know that we do have free USA Today newpapers Monday through Friday available at the front desk. We also have a kiosk in front of our restaurant that carries the local Journal Star paper on a daily basis. Each of our rooms has a channel guide located in a three ring binder with all hotel information inside. When you visit us again, please be sure to ask for anything you feel we should have available for you, chances are we have it and are happy to offer it. Thanks again for posting your review, we greatly appreciate it!

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Great room and friendliest, most helpful staff. A bit off the highway.Great hot breakfeast, and those delicious Otis Spunkmeyer cookies always available at front desk! Swimming pool is large enough to actually swim laps; indoors and heated to the proper temp.Good work-out room also.Large room, very clean , micro/fridge and desk. Bed was great .One flaw and that is those steel interior corridor room doors.They slam and make noise when being opened, Either people are just not smart enough nor considerate enough to operate them in a quiet manner, not just close to your room but all the way down the corridor. Still a great stay. Restaurant and bar are attached to the motel with a delightful atmosphere , fantastic staff and food. Shopping nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Tom p,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for bringing to our attention about the doors being loud. This concern is being looked into by our management. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln North.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was my second stay here and everything was great except that I got no sleep - and, after all, isn't that what we pay for at a hotel?

When I checked in I requested a quiet room - instead I got the nightmare cliche of every hotel story ever told all in the same night.

I was given a room right next to the side entrance door on the first floor. Every single person who came or went went by my room - I could hear their conversations and every time the heavy metal door closed the walls of my room shook. To my right were two yapper dogs, to my left was a screaming toddler, above me were a pair of elephants who, when they decided to cease their stomping around, needed to get amorous. At 12:22am. And their stomping began anew before 6am.

I stay in hotels because I'm on the road a lot - and when I have 10-12 hours of driving to do I need more than 5 hours of sleep. And when I check in at 530pm and request a quiet room I think the hotel can do better than to stick me next to the entrance door between dogs and children.

To be fair the hotel itself is lovely - fresh, immaculately clean, modern touches, comfortable bed and pillows, and the best breakfast buffet I've found in this class level of hotel. But I spend my money to get sleep and the hotel did not accommodate that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear KatieScarlettO,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We are so very sorry that you were not accommodated with your request for a quiet room. We have brought this up to our management staff and are currently looking into this matter. We apologize sincerely for this inconvenience. We appreciate your comments about the amenities in our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Lincoln North