“Pet friendly yet my pets were treated like trash!”
Review of Motel 6 Lincoln

Motel 6 Lincoln
Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
“Pet friendly yet my pets were treated like trash!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Motel 6 has always prided itself in being a pet friendly hotel chain,yet this particular motel 6 was anything but.The night auditor on staff when we arrived,an overweight elderly man( I can't recall his name),was incredibly rude about my cats. I declared them upon check in,yet he acted like I was ill-informed,ignorant,& a pest because I didn't declare them when I called an hour prior to see if there were any rooms available. He said this was because animals were only allowed on the first floor & the only rooms available were on the second floor. This was not my responsibility to know this. We never made a reservation,we were a walk in stay,& we were told rooms were available. This is the first motel 6 where I have run into having pets @ this pet-friendly chain being a problem. The night audit then continuously ran down my cats,calling our room,making comments when we passed the front desk to get food,& upon check out,harassing us about how the room would have to be deep cleaned because it wasn't a pet floor,how cat hair was 10 times harder to get out, how they were long haired cats so that would be worse, how he wished we would've let him know we had cats when we called an hour out asking if rooms were available. He was incredibly insulting to the point that I hope he's fired. A long time guest at motel 6 due to their pet friendly policy, I have never been more insulted than I was by this rude front desk employer running down my pets that I consider family & for harassing me during my 1 night stay about what turmoil my pets caused by staying there. If you have pets you love like family, don't stay here. This front desk person will insult them,harass you,& make you feel like you're invading someone's private home uninvited.i filed a complaint with the motel 6 headquarters about this & I will most certainly never stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank PermaVacationer78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm not kidding -- I seriously thought about this motel while I stayed at a bunch of different ones during a three week long road trip, and I only stayed here the second night of that trip. I remember calling my parents to check in with them and saying that if I could make this place my studio apartment, I would in a heartbeat.

I was on the first floor in a pet-friendly room. It was absolutely gorgeous. First of all, the ceilings are wonderfully high, which make the whole place light and airy. It's recently remodeled in the new Motel 6 modern style, which was very pleasant (I'm kind of shocked how well such a violent shade of orange works). The room itself is HUGE! King-size bed, wall-mounted TV, and an adorable breakfast nook with built-in booth-type seating. The bathroom was very clean and divided into a separate toilet/bathtub room and open counter/sink area. Fridge and microwave in it's own separate little space.

What I appreciated most (and I keep referencing in reviews of other hotels) was the way the bed was set up. it was a platform bed with a very sturdy box underneath which prevents pets (cats in particular) from hiding too far under the bed. I had no idea how much I would come to appreciate that, but the thing is I had just adopted a very skinny cat who was not a fan of road trips at all (can't really blame her). She had a habit of squirreling herself under beds and into boxsprings so I'd either have to tug all the mattresses and boxsprings off to retriever her or swipe an arm under a very gross, bug-ridden, dusty area under the bed. To not have to deal with that was just wonderful and made my stay one of the only truly relaxing ones of the whole trip. It's not something that a lot of places would think of (I certainly wouldn't have, had I not had to deal with it), but since many pet owners frequent Motel 6 for their awesome no-pet-fee policy (THANK YOU Motel 6 for that!!!), and many of those have cats instead of dogs who don't take as well to road trips, it's just a great feature that I hope more Motel 6s and pet-friendly hotels in general will implement.

Front desk staff was extremely friendly. I think the manager checked me in and she was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Boston
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

It is ironic that this is one of the nicer motel 6 rooms I habe seen. It appears that this hotel used to be part of another chain, but was recently purchased and renovated as a Motel 6 . While the room itself was quite nice, the grounds were nothing short of trashy. It is in dire need of maintenance and it appears that the ownership / management is not concerned with the empty beer cans, broken alcohol bottles, cigarette butts, and piles of dog poo that litters the property. The manager on duty did nothing to discourage a group of contractors who were sitting at the front entrance and drinking alcohol out of open containers. This was no shift drink either. They were drinking there for hours with multiple members of the group becoming visibly intoxicated. This was done within view and with the full knowledge of the hotel's management. It's hard to imagine that they would think this is acceptable behavior at a family friendly facility . This hotel is still in need of a renovation - of its ownership / management before it becomes an acceptable hotel at which to stay. I would not stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

we made internet reservations and we pulled up to the wrong hotel 6. This one was clean nice and safe. We were told that we had to go the other one which was across town. We got there it was dirty, outdated and we felt unsafe because the back door will not lock which was next to our room. We just didn't feel the love from the staff. The waffles also stick to the machine

• Stayed June 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 June 2014

One word - FILTHY. This pet friendly motel was less than appealing from the moment we pulled in, a group of loud "partyers" were sitting on the asphalt parking lot and an extremely large trash dumpster was overflowing (seriously) to the other side. The pet area was freshly mowed, but because they hadn't first bothered to pick up, the mower left behind shredded trash. We will NEVER stay at Motel 6 again. I guess its true when they say you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BethSuder
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Is now called motel 6 not sure where pictures on site came from but not what was experienced. Unable to accommodate one day early arrival even when rooms were available without additional increase on already paid nights. Firstly there are no amenities, eg... Soap, Kleenex, shampoo, alarm clock, phone book available in rooms. Free wifi not working, unable to connect. Rooms appear to have been remodeled as strong paint smell was present, unfortunately who ever was servicing the remodel was very sloppy as paint splats were on wall plates, toilet handle and so on. Rooms have no carpet which was ok but does not leave any help with noise reduction from rooms directly above. Housekeeping was lacking greatly, first day housekeeping never came and had to go to front desk to seek toilet paper, and towels, after being out of room for more then 12 hours; garbage was not picked up from room during whole stay as empty takeout boxes remained in room even after speaking with front desk. Hot tub not working and pool temperature was very cold, front desk stated hot tub would be repaired next day which never happened; ice machine only located on first floor, plastic ice bucket leaked and new cup never supplied, pillows very soft and flat, sheets don't properly stay on bed. Hotel location and pricing good but probable would pay high price from more homey atmosphere as rooms lacked comfort; however over all clean and ok if not spending much time there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Heather D
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Traveling across country and stayed here. It was a mistake. Walls thin. Staff rude. Funky odor in the room. Accidentally left medication in the room, called the front desk after we checked out, and they said they had it, but refused to mail it to me. Awful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family