“Number One For a Reason”
Review of Greta's Gourmet

Greta's Gourmet
Ranked #86 of 668 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, German
Description: Greta's Gourmet is Lincoln's Choice for full-service catering and concierge butcher services since 2010. We cater events from 4-4000, and everything in between. With multiple menus to choose from, or a custom made menu just for you, we've got the variety and options available to cover your event!
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Ranked number one restaurant in Lincoln. Great ribs, burgers and sausage. Eat in or takeout.
Best baked beans ever. Highend cooking supplies and tasty sides for your barbecue. Friday is special burger day- get in line.

There are newer reviews for Greta's Gourmet

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Love this place! Very friendly staff, the owners are around frequently and chat with everyone. The take home meat selection is great. The brisket sandwich is wonderful, as well as the burgers and chicken salad sandwich. Great little gourmet deli.

Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thanks for the great review! We'd love to chat more with you in person the next time you come in!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband have been here twice to eat and once to pick up some snacks in the past 3 weeks. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is to-die-for delicious! Our first time, we ate in and each had a sandwich (which comes with a side and a pickle). My husband loves their baked beans, calling it a "summer chili." I am all about their Italian pasta salad: it is super fresh with broccoli, artichokes, and tomatoes, in a refreshingly light vinaigrette. Today we got our order to go, and I can't stop thinking about the cheddar-jalapeno burger. It had just the right amount of spice for me, and the cheese is mixed into the patty, so it's not sloppy or messy.
The only reason I gave Greta's a 4* instead of a 5* rating, is because some might think the prices are a bit high ($20 for the 2 of us without drinks or tip), but the price is worth it for us, because the food is of such high quality. Definitely a must-try in Lincoln, NE!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I know the hamburger is an American staple, but I feel odd reviewing and going totally crazy over what many people think of as just a "drive-thru" item. That said, my hamburger featuring bleu cheese inside the patty with balsamic reduction was just really awesome. It was tough just choosing the burger in the first place, as there are several other menu options that were just as enticing. Try the baked beans. Look around at the offerings in this place. I was so shocked that this small shop had such a powerhouse of gourmet offerings to go! I cannot wait for my next trip back to Lincoln. I'll make sure I get up there at lunch time and I'll be stopping at Greta's.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

this place really pushes there hot dog sausage products and burgers for Lunch menu these baby's are good and on a lunch special, the price is right. they do have some other foods that are good, too. service is very good, too. they are a little tricky to find, but that has got better as they put up a little more signage. they have a limited, but good selection on the burgers. the hot dogs and sausages are in a vast selection. I like this place.