“Loved My Stay”

Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved My Stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was a little apprehensive especially for the price of $42. However my room was super clean. I was glad that there was not a gross comforter on the bed when I went in just sheets. The room was super clean, it was nothing fancy, but it was great. Breakfast was very simple, but waffles were great. Desk staff was friendly. Only downside was that there was only 2 pillows on the bed.

Room Tip: I was on first floor on the backside. There is a adult store on the front side kinda off to the side...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Anna P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Aurora, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Was unsure of what to expect with the mixed reviews I had read. Upon walking into the lobby I was thrown off by an unusual smell. At first I thought the smell was body odor, but after coming back later I realized it had to be something else as the smell was still present and the desk staff had changed.

The room was adequate, furnished with a bed, tube style tv, fridge, microwave, small table & 2 chairs, blow dryer, air conditioner/heat, alarm clock, ironing board, and lots of lamps. I thoroughly inspected the room before setting any of my things down. It was surprisingly clean!

The bed is what I expected of an older motel, firm and bouncy. Similar to other reviews, I was very thrown off and ultimately turned off by the "make shift comforter" which consisted of a fuzzy felt looking blanket sandwiched in between 2 flat sheets. Personally, this was not enough of a blanket for me. I ended up sleeping on top of the covers with a blanket I had bought from Walmart (knew I should've packed one). The fitted sheet on the box spring (yes, there was actually a box spring!) was stained or soiled so I pulled it off before calling it a night. The pillows must have been fairly new as they were much more comfortable than most which get lumpy after lots of use.

The halls and lobby were about what I expected- for what I paid anyway. The guy at the front desk was nice and offered to help me figure out how to connect to the Internet when I was having troubles.
The walls are thin, but no worse than any other budget motel in my opinion. I stayed on a Tuesday night so there wasn't an abundance of other guests. The heater was difficult to regulate, it would either be too cold or too warm as it ran constantly. Although, I would rather have it run constantly than it kicking on and off throughout the night.

The continental breakfast is simple but adequate for no more than what I paid for the night. Waffles, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, milk, coffee, and orange juice.

Overall, I would say this is a fair value for a budget motel at $40 plus tax through Priceline. A clean place to crash for the night.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Singh2009
Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

For $39 a night this hotel is a steal. The comments about bad smells and those types of things are old. The interior hallways are clean and the carpet looks almost new. The rooms won't blow you away with flat screen TVs, etc., but they are clean and well kept up. The check-in was very friendly and easy. I typically stay at Holiday Inn Express and there is one a half mile away from here, but this was a no-brainer at a minimum of $50-$60 less a night. If you need a nice place to sleep and get a shower in the morning, this is it. Keep it up and I'll keep coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JPS924
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My recent stay at the Horizon Inn was a surprise. I was apprehensive because of the low price but it was a good find. The room was very clean and the whole building is smoke free with a $150 fine if someone smokes in a room. The room was very clean and fresh, the bed very comfortable, very quiet, and super water pressure which I like. I think the carpet had just been cleaned. Of course it's not a 5* motel and shouldn't be expected to be at such a reasonable rate. The man at the front desk (unfortunately I didn't get his name) was wonderful - very friendly and helpful. Several restaurants close by and a 10% discount at Perkins which is across the street. Arriving late and being greeted so warmly and given a discount on a meal made the stop that much better. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert P
Charleston, TN
Reviewed 5 September 2012

If you are looking for a great family owned establishment in Lincoln, this is it. Small, quiet and possibly the most friendly staff around. This is a great value and we were certainly pleased with our stay there. It is close to the interstate and several restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were happy to get a low priced hotel for a game day, checked it out on trip advisor, but didn't review enough of the reviews. We didn't expect great things, but it's advertised as a non-smoking hotel. Booked it through hotels.com and checked in. Discovering the smoking problem, we asked for another room, but none was available, and no refund....We're still checking that out with booking.com and our credit card. Lesson...read more trip advisor reviews before signing on.
Read IA-CS-guy's review.

Room Tip: Check a room before you sign in.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skiNebraska
Burlington, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We wanted a cheap place since we were having to stop twice on our trip but I wish we would have spent just a little more. The carpet was disgusting, I kept my shoes on until bed and had to wash my sons feet before putting him down. The bed was hard and apparently the trend is to only have 1 sheet and a see through blanket? Thankfully I had an extra blanket of my own. It was actually very quiet, although our son was not a happy camper so we were probably the noisy ones, unfortunately. Location was good, right off the interstate and breakfast was nice. DS loves waffles so having them to make fresh was great. Would not stay again until they replaced the carpets.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family