“Nirvana for speed freaks”

Museum of American Speed
Ranked #1 of 73 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Was finally able to tour this fantastic museum. Almost sensory overload. Speed exhibits and history of all kinds! Took my 10 yr old grandson who went nuts over the 500 or so pedal car collection. I went nuts over looking at cars I drooled over reading Hot Rod magazine when I was a kid. Our guide was an encyclopedia of hot rod history and anecdotes! Check ahead as their tour schedules vary by season. Must see!

1  Thank Rod-Lorie H

Reviewed 25 November 2013

A fantastic collections of racing cars from Indy to Sprint cars. The Pedal car and toy car collections on the top floor are super. Well worth the time.

3  Thank Zcarvette
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My brother told me I should go and check it out so my son and I did ,WOW my camera ran out of memory there was so many cool things to look at ! They only give one tour a day and takes about 2 hours so be prepared ! I loved it ! It is a guided tour that they watch everyone very closely as there are many priceless (to car enthusiasts )items in the museum . would of been nice to walk through at your own pace but they give you plenty of time and ample breaks and I understand why they are so particular with such cool items to be seen ! The place was absolutely spotless ,everything sparkling and dust free! wow ! they also have a lot of cool old toys to look at ,petal cars, etc. my favorites were the motors ! A must see for car enthusiasts! the tours I believe start at 2pm sharp ! if your late forget it you won't get another chance till 2pm the next day.

1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The Museum of Speed was something we wanted to visit for a long time. On our way back from out West we got our chance. Everything in the museum is beautifully displayed. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and tried to answer all questions. If you love old race cars this is a must see. Bring your camera because you will want to take lots of pictures. If you cannot climb stairs they will take you up in the elevator. We also needed parts from Speedway Motors and WOW were we impressed by their customer service.This is a place we will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Jackatthelake
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We enjoy watching motor sports on TV and thought that this would be a really interesting place to visit. As we paid our $10 admission fee we were told the tour would take 2 hours - we thought this was quite long and would have preferred a self guided tour - unfortunately this was not an option. Our guide Duane was extremely knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. There are lots of very interesting exhibits - regrettably we did not wish to know the specifications of ALL the engines....and there were lots. The tour took 3 hours not 2. By the end we had lost the will to live! My recommendation would be to visit this huge museum if you are a real motor/engine enthusiast if you are not then think again.

2  Thank Rock C
MuseumAmericanSpeed, Guest Relations Manager at Museum of American Speed, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

The Museum of American Speed would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. While preparing for our standard two and a half tours our docents will usually talk with many of you to get a feel for your interest. This in turn helps them tailor the tour a bit since its too hard to talk about everything. Some groups get many racing enthusiast who are excited to hear about all the details and interact during the tours. Sometimes that interaction with the group gets detailed when you have a group that is really enthusiastic about the sport and want to share details back and fourth with the docents. As with all of our docents doing tours, they are very knowledgable in the sport and share the same enthusiasm for the sport as many of our guests do. With that in mind we hope your tour was still enjoyable and we hope you will give us the opportunity to have you back to the museum in the future.