Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitcourtyard marriottvalet parkinggreat locationgreat shops and restaurantsdrag your luggagelobby and bar areawalking distancepinnacle bank arenaoutdoor courtyardfootball stadiumroom keyself parkfarmers marketsparkling cleangreat pillowsplatinum member
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We like hotels like this. It is a great combination of value-pricing with for-sale amenities (like Starbucks coffee and breakfast items in the lobby). We actually booked many rooms at this property for our daughter's wedding (for our very large family). We were very happy. Nice property. Accommodating staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thanks for choosing the Courtyard Marriott Lincoln Downtown to be a part of your family’s special wedding weekend. We appreciate your business and enjoyed the opportunity to serve you. We love to receive positive feedback and strive to ensure each guest of our hotel leaves satisfied and wanting to return. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband, who was not on the trip, booked this hotel as our first night's stay on a drive from Colorado to New York, and we were impressed from the moment we entered the very new lobby until check-out.

We pulled into the loading/check-in area, which could probably accomodate 6 cars at a time, and saw people enjoying the outside lobby area around firepits. At the front desk, we checked-in in no time. He knew we drove from Colorado, said our reservation had been upgraded to two queens and gave us a choice of the parking garage directly across the street with unlimited in and out for an extra $11/day or at on-the-street meters. Since our car was packed full, I chose the garage. He then suggested that I unload whatever I wanted at the hotel's curbside, since the garage had only stairs facing the hotel (using garage elevator adds a block of walking).

We went up to the room with our stuff. The room was very large with 2 queens and a sitting area, lots of outlets, lots of lights and a good-sized, empty refrigerator. Then we went back down to park the car in the garage (I did a u-turn) above the first floor, which was very easy (just swipe your room key) though the spaces were a tiny bit on the narrow side. We went back to the front desk to ask for dining recommendations and picked Italian a block and a half away in the Haymarket. By the time we got back, we vetoed any exercise, though the machines and small pool looked good.

The next morning our final bill had been slipped under the door. We grabbed breakfast at the bistro (oatmeal and egg sandwich), then got the car from the garage (another room key swipe) and loaded up at curbside. Getting back on I-80 was a breeze. I had just spent a week at a Residence Inn in Seattle, and though it had a small kitchen (with useless 2-burner and pots), I liked this Courtyard better. And after the next night in a Courtyard in OH, I liked this Lincoln Courtyard better.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We work very hard to ensure our guests leave satisfied with both our property’s amenities and our service. We really agree with your assessment of the hotel and are so thrilled that you left impressed with your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back should you pass through Lincoln again.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have been booking business clients at this hotel since they opened last year. My clients have raved about the comfortable beds, bistro breakfast (ability to order what they want and how much they want), Starbucks coffee, and the staff's friendliness.The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants which is convenient for lunch or dinner meetings.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank volleyballjuls
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our property! We are a perfect fit for business travellers and hospitality and service are our number one mission! We look forward to continuing to provide Marriott’s award-winning service to your future clients as well. If we can ever be of further assistance to you or your guests, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks again for your feedback. We’ll share this with our staff. We always appreciate hearing positive comments!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very new hotel in downtown Lincoln. Lots of great bars and restaurants in walking distance. Close to UNL. Parking situation is awful. Shared garage with local businesses. Issue with the garage is that there is an elevator only on the far side of the garage and if you have luggage it's a long walk to the hotel or you have to lug it down the stairs.

Also, the pool was freezing cold when we were there. Basically unusable. We reserved this so the kids could swim and that was a waste.

Very nice and new rooms, lounge area is spacious and nice. Lots of TVs. Neat outside chat area with fire pit (unfortunately unusable due to the crazy 'spring' weather in the midwest).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

We appreciate your business and feedback. Our downtown location poses a few challenges for parking but boasts many positive attributes that you noted: great bar and restaurant venues within walking distance, near the University of Nebraska and a stone’s throw from the new Pinnacle Bank Arena. We continue to find ways to better serve our guests and I assure you that many discussions are taking place as to how to provide a better experience for parking. We hope you’ll stay with us during return trips to Lincoln and we encourage you to pull into our loading zone to bring your belongings into the hotel. We are always happy to visit with you about ways to make your stay more comfortable and productive, so please don’t hesitate to call.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and was extremely disappointed in the parking. As most hotels in downtown Lincoln you have to park in a parking garage & this one is across the street. The difference with the CM is the fact there is no walkway between the parking garage & the hotel. You have to drag your luggage across a brick street. Currently there is lots of construction in the area, so it is busy, I don't believe there is a place to park curbside or near the entrance to check in.

The first floor of the parking garage is reserved (not for the hotel guests) so you will always be at least on the 2 floor. Since there is NO ELEVATOR on the north side (hotel side) you have to carry your suit case up or down at least two flights of stairs to get to the 2nd floor. If your parking on the 3 floor its four flights of stairs carrying your suitcase. I can't image an older person or someone with a bad back going up numerous flights of stairs trying to carry a heavy suitcase. Upon leaving, my advice would be to see if the hotel will watch your bags while you get the car. Yes a hassle, but since I have a bad back & heavy suitcase - I wish I would have done that. To my knowledge there is no valet service here which would be a big plus.

In regards to the parking fee - you swipe your room key upon entering & leaving. When I left there was no one to take money. I presume the charge will show up on my credit card that used for the room. I thought I read somewhere that parking was $11.00.

The hotel is new, so yes its nice & clean - very contemporary in style. We stayed in a king room. I have to agree with another poster that the room is not designed well since you have to lay on your side to see the TV on a drawer that pulls out. The beds were very comfortable. It was nice to have a Starbucks there also but other than that I did not eat there.

The hotel itself was fine, but due to the hassle with the parking, I will probably go back to the Cornhusker if I have to stay downtown. Its much more convenient & has valet parking that I use when needed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. The city-owned parking garage offers plenty of parking across the street from the hotel and we encourage guests to pull into our loading zone directly in front of the hotel to check in and out so one does not have to carry items too far. Our property has the ability to program your room key which provides two advantages and sends the parking fee to your guestroom bill: a reserved space in a high-demand parking area and in and out privileges. While we do find challenges in the location of the garage’s elevator, we continue to pursue ways to offer better service for our guests. I assure you that we are taking your suggestions into consideration. If you would like to call me to talk more specifically about your stay, we invite you to do so. It is important to us that each of our guests leaves with an experience that encourages them to return. Your satisfaction is incredibly important to us.