“Wonderful Surprise”

Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This location was a toss up between Haymarket and The Cornhusker across from UNL. I chose this one due to it being right in the Haymarket. I booked two rooms and three nights for a recent stay in Lincoln. This hotel was wonderful in most every way possible. The rooms were roomy the beds were absolutely WONDERFUL! After a 10 hr drive, it was so nice to climb into this bed. There's a nice sitting area outside with a great fire that was surprisingly warm. It was super cold outside and my daughter and son in law sat by the fire waiting for the car just to see if it was indeed warm and it was quite toasty. The hotel has a bistro cafe which offers a decent selection for breakfast, and other meals. We had a late night snack one evening. My only suggestion would be for amend the hours for the bistro, at least for Friday and Saturday nights. It closes at 10pm and it really should be open at the least until 11pm. We made it in time for a late night snack by about 5 minutes and right after us came a a few more people. Breakfast on Sunday was quite busy and just ordering a muffin that was in the case took 10 minutes to get because they had to give you a number. Just a few tweeks and it'd be perfection. I will definitely be booking here again though.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your terrific review. We love feedback and the opportunity to discuss ways to provide even better service. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at our new hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for the Elton John concert which was at the new bank arena several blocks away. Afterward we headed to the Starlight Lounge in the Haymarket area. It was great to be able to have a couple drinks and not have to worry about driving and although it was cold two blocks was no big deal. We enjoyed getting ice cream from the refreshment center and our room was clean and the bed comfortable. This was our second time here and is surely the best place to stay in Lincoln The room rates were kickep up for the concert as i am sure they do that for most events but well worth the extra money compared to hotels a mile or so away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thanks for staying with us again! We are so happy to be your hotel of choice when you visit the area. The Historic Haymarket, Railyard, Unviersity of Nebraska, and Pinnacle Bank Arena offer our guests so many options in the way of dining and entertainment and we agree that the location only enhances the hotel experience. We’ll pass along your notes of satisfaction to our staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Hotel location is great and within short walking distance to restaurants. Parking is at the garage across the street accessed by using the hotel key card. The property is very clean and the lobby looks elegant. The staff were friendly and helpful. Only had problems with noise in the hallway which penetrates the room as well as conversations in the adjacent room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rapus
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thanks for your recent stay and review. Each of our associates takes pride in our top-notch hotel and we’re pleased you felt compelled to share your positive experience! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I hadn't stayed in a Marriot Courtyard in awhile and was pleasantly surprised. It is a new property and the room was big and comfortable. They have a nice little cafe downsatirs in the lobby and it was a great value for the price. I would definitely reccomend it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We appreciate your review! We have an excellent staff who are committed to excellence. We agree that our new property in the heart of the Historic Haymarket District offers travelers all the amenities they need on the road. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Nice facility but I wont come back. At check in I was given the wrong room number. Then the key didn't work on my second attempt to get into my room. Then the front desk ask if I was sure I had the right key. I am platinum elite and asked if I was upgraded. They said none were available. Went online and saw plenty upgraded rooms available at 830pm. I got free a breakfast because of the wrong room number and non working key. I won't come back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jpheisel

Thank you for your recent review. We’re disappointed your stay didn’t meet or exceed your expectations. We work hard each day to ensure all of our guests depart with a satisfied experience and hoping they want to return. We are interested in speaking with you further about your experience and I invite you to call me personally, John Kalogeras, to discuss how we can earn your business back. I can be reached at 402 904 4800. Thanks again for your honest review. We hope to talk with you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Only stayed 2 nights but it was a good stay, my room was quite comfortable and had all the amenities that one would expect at a good hotel, free Internet and my first night they had a grand opening party outside for the restaurant/bar with free food and live music , it almost felt like a resort I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for taking time to provide a TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased you enjoyed your time here. The Railyard Entertainment district, just steps from our front door, is such a great addition to the Haymarket area and offers our guests many new dining and entertainment choices. We look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I spent a few nights at the Courtyard Marriott in Lincoln for work a few weeks ago. This is a new hotel located near the Cornhusker's Stadium. Not a fan, but it was cool to see a view of it from my room.

This hotel is very modern. its not what I expected from a Courtyard. The lobby is spacious and has a great bistro for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was pleased with the service from the hotel staff. All very friendly and helpful with our requests.

If you are planning a stay in Lincoln, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thanks for your kind words! We are a newer-concept Courtyard with a “Refreshing Business” lobby which offers guests a place to maximize productivity or take full advantage of downtime when it arises. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We’ll certainly share your feedback with our associates. We hope to be your hotel of choice during your next trip to Lincoln.