“Great place to stay!!! Best in Haymarket area!!!”

Hyatt Place Lincoln Haymarket
Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here during Cornhusker State Games and the price was reasonable compared to the other downtown hotels. When we first got to the hotel and walked in our first thought was WOW...what an amazing place. It was so clean, decorations were inviting, staff was polite and helpful. We got to our room and the air conditioner was set down below 70 and we thought it was great considering we had been outside all day at softball games. We didn't use the pool but looked and it was nice. The breakfast was more than the usual continental breakfast. There was hot food and it was quite tasty. This hotel is so convenient if you are wanting to enjoy the Haymarket Area. We walked to supper and then walked over to the Railyard to enjoy the entertainment that night. We will definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Terri M
Dave W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lincoln Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I especially liked to hear that everything was comfortable and convenient for you during your stay. The hotel location is very convenient to lots of great restaurants and shopping. We look forward to your next visit to Lincoln!

Dave

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Lincoln Haymarket

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I loved the room and the staff of this Hotel, It was very comfortable and they were very friendly. My only complaints is the price (which was probably jacked up for the Paul McCartney concert it looks like $100 more than next Monday's prices) and if I remember correctly I saw the words "full breakfast" when in reality the breakfast was the same as you would see in other cheaper Hotels. All in all I would recommend it.

1  Thank Craig T
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Friday night with some girlfriends from college. We had a great stay!! What a nice new modern hotel!! Rooms are spacious. I think the best part was the price. What a bargain with free breakfast. Parking was close and convenient. Just steps from wonderful restaurants and entertainment. Lincoln lucky to have Hyatt Place. Highly Recommend!!

Stayed: July 2014
Dave W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lincoln Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, we are pleased you chose Hyatt Place for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for our first night heading across country on a family vacation. The whole family loved the hotel, thought it was very up to date, clean, and no funny smells like other hotels we would later stay in! It was kind of disappointing that we ended up paying for parking, but coming from Chicago, we were more than OK with paying the small fee in a large city. The hotel was within walking distance from several adorable and fun restaurants. The staff was very pleasant, and happy to help with anything we needed. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hyatt Place Lincoln. The parking fee is a common feedback point with our guests. I can tell you if we were allowed to build our own parking facility we would, but all Haymarket parking ramps are owned and operated by the City. We have negotiated an in/out agreement with the city that allows our guests to come and go as they please during their stay without having to pay for each entrance/exit of the garage.
Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the Paul McCartney concert this past week. It's the first time I've been to Lincoln in well over 20 years and this hotel makes me want to return. Loved the large room, amount of outlets, soft bed, great room layout, darkening shade, clean/well stocked bathroom, contemporary style decor, fridge, great staff, decent breakfast, nice in room coffee pot, great location to the Pinnacle Center and restaurants. I would have given 5 stars had there been a safe in the room. Parking is $10 per day in city ramp next door. Found a great rate of $116 on an online search and the called the hotel and they honored that price.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you choosing Hyatt Place for your stay. We always appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit to Lincoln. ( Perhaps Garth Brooks in the near future?)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Love this hotel!!! It is close to everything, friendly staff, clean and modern! You do have to pay for parking, but thought that it was reasonable and we could access our car whenever we would like and not have to pay a valet person every time. Loved the location and proximity to restaurants, bars, the new arena and The Mill coffee shop. The price was excellent value for money!

My only criticism is the breakfast. Could provide better options and more variety.Otherwise we loved our stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lincoln Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment about your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Place and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 402-742-6007.

David Wheaton
Hyatt Place Lincoln

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staff was very rude to us at check in, and remained unhelpful through our stay. We had booked a three day stay through another vendor, who indicated that parking was free (it is not). When I communicated this to the front desk staff, she was very rude to us, and told us, "Well, you are wrong." I was flabbergasted. We were then told a manger would contact us to figure out what to do. In the three days we were there, we were never once contacted by a manager, and they automatically charged me for the parking. Now I have no problem paying for the parking, but had at least expected some communication to the effect. I don't think she even contacted a manager! When I checked out, the gentleman at the desk was more than helpful and refunded the money, which exceeded my expectations. However, since our first impression was so unpleasant, we will not return. I could not believe how rudely we were treated at check in.

The rooms are awesome! The bed was extremely comfortable. We did not have a lot of noise, but it is important to note that this hotel allows pets, so we did have a dog barking on one night of our stay for a little while. The location is great as well.

Just a note to those booking through Hotels.com, parking is $10 a night for unlimited coming and going, which is a good deal for city parking, but it is not free.

Room Tip: If you want to go to bed early, ask to stay on the side opposite the Railyard.
1  Thank Kate A

I apologize for the confusion over the cost of parking and the response of my staff. I submitted an inquiry to Hotels.com to try to prevent this from happening to future guests. The garage is city owned, and I share your frustration knowing that I pay to park daily.