“rude, unfriendly, and unhelpful”

WoodSpring Suites Lincoln
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The facilities were fine, I wasn’t expecting the Ritz, but the maintenance staff is a rude, unfriendly, and unhelpful. He reminded me of the Inn keeper in Lamiz.
The internet was slow, so you may just want to pay your provider for a hot spot for the month.
They don’t replace the TP, soap and towels, so bring your own.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed at the Value Place @ Lincoln, Nebraska for almost one year - June 2011 - April 2012 - during a long term work assignment in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Overall I would give Value Place @ Lincoln -- " C "

* The facility & room was very clean. Bathroom was fine. Bathtub, very good.

* The room was very uncomfortable -- the bed & mattress was hard & not very comfortable.

* The furniture in the room is not at all comfortable - the chairs were terrible, very uncomfortable - there are no " upholstery chairs " ( stuffed chairs ) in the room.

* TV - very small with limited channel offerings.

* Kitchen area - stove ( very small ) & refrigerator ( large ) was adaquate - microwave was fine.

* Service - only fair. The front desk office staff - not very friendly & not very helpful - did not appear to willing to go out of their way to accommodate. Front desk staff - professional, but not accommodating. Office hours limited on evenings & weekends - not convenient for business people. Interest access available at extra cost $ 10.00 / week. Internet speed was fine.

* Snow removal - last winter ( 2011/2012 ) terrible -- very poor & outside parking areas very slippery.

Overall, my experience at Value Place was only fair. I would be reluctant to recommend if comfort is important. The price was right - reasonable - but the comfort level could stand considerable improvement.

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms first & make sure it would meet your needs in terms of comfort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband is in Nebraska working for 4 months. His per diem is only $123 a day. The first week he was there, everything went to the hotel. Nothing left for food. The next week we found the Value Place extended stay hotel. It is clean, not pretty but not run down either. It has a full size fridge, a two burner stove, a microwave, tv, and full size bed all standard for $169 a week. We upgraded to the room with a sofa (that pulls out to a bed) for additional money. It has a coin operated laundry facility on site. It is quiet, conveniently located with lots of restaurants and grocery stores by it. It isn't like a regular hotel with maids every day, but that is why you save so much. The hotel staff is super friendly and helpful. The room was clean, a little dated, but all we cared about was cleanliness.

Room Tip: To avoid headlights shining in your room as guest arrive, try a second floor or higher room. My husb...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PrescottTravelgirl
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed there after a football game for one night. I don't think this should be considered a "hotel" for a brief stay. We arrived at 7:30 pm to check in and there was a sign on the door that the clerk would be back by 8:10 pm, which he wasn't. The sign said it would be $139 for one week but I had already reserved it on hotels.com for $200 a night. By the time we finally got to our room, we had spent $267 plus $100 deposit. We really had no choice but to stay there as it was late in the evening...ALL the hotels room in town were booked d/t the football game. The room had a 13" tv (ridiculous) and the bed was a matress on 2 sheets of particle board. NEVER AGAIN...and I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie d
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Actually, the property is maintained adequately and the rooms are as comfortable as one should expect for $169/week. It's sort of on par with living in a dorm room...complete with thin walls, noisy hallways, and cheap ventilation that allows you to smell everything your next door neighbor is smoking when you turn on the bathroom fan. It certainly is a great concept for extended stay.

However, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. In the case of Value Place, the desk clerk that checks you in will give you a speed-reader's oral rendition of the fine print, including a $45 fee for "failing to fill out a form confirming your departure." Watch out for that one. You will forget all about it if you stay for 4 weeks like I did. I told the staff several times when I was moving out, but I didn't submit a form, so tough luck! Then, apparently they are adamant about you taking out your own garbage. When I checked out, I left a small garbage sack full in the trash can. The cleaning crew was so overwhelmed by this that they charged another $25 to remove it. Get the picture? Unless you are a sleezeball lawyer or a used car salesman, Value Place will win this petty game and take you to the cleaners...which they probably also have a $50 fee for :(

Room Tip: Be prepared to dwell here in fear of forgetting something on the very long list of no-no's and t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Hotel was clean and well maintained but it is far from the city and situated in a lonely place. I dont know why it was so noisy at night, I could not cleep well during my stay there. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I have utilized the housing facilities in numerous Value Place Hotels in various cities, 4 times during the past year and a half. The amenities vs price make it an outstanding place for an extended stay. The last 4 places were 1 in Kansas City and 3 in Lincoln, NE. I can only say that I do not agree one bit with the ultra negative revues I have read on this site. I never saw one instance where the staff was anything but friendly, affable, gregarious, willing to serve and to go above and beyond the duties assigned to them. In other words, they don't work within the parameters of a job description. I have never seen an unclean place within or without on the premises. The entry way, office space, hallways and the large laundry are always spotless. There is no disturbing noise, all of the items in the room were clean, comfortable and worked well, ie, tv, heat/ac, fridge, stove, etc. I have never seen a bug nor dirty or unservicable item of bedding or bathroom items. I made it a daily activity to give a face to face "well done" to each and every employee I met. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ONE WHO HAS AN EXTENDED STAY NEED AND WISHES TO NOT PAY AN ARM AND A LEG FOR UNUSED AMENITIES SUCH AS A POOL, RESTAURANT, ETC.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple