“Great staff, average hotel”

Candlewood Suites Lincoln
Ranked #37 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Gabrellia and the hotel manager were great. Very helpful. The room was adequate. We could not ride the courtesy shuttle because we we were on pleasure, not on business? There was no ice machine. We had to wait for the fridge to make ice. When we finally got ice it tasted nasty. Room by the front desk noisy. No house keeping for second night stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank b4osage

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a wedding, so the price I paid was great for the value of the room. The kitchen was awesome to have, and came fully stocked, pots, dishes, microwave popcorn and all! The bed was comfy, the bathroom was kind of small. The door wouldn't click closed because it was at a strange angle, and when you opened the bathroom door, it interfered with closing the shower curtian. Nothing you couldn't work around, just a little annoying. They don't provide toiletries other than shampoo conditioner and soap. If you want a razor or the other things most hotels provide for free, you have to pay for them. I would stay again, but I woul dmake sure to remember all my toiletries!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janice T
Reviewed 30 August 2013

As an Holiday Inn (and affiliates) afficianado, I like a Candlewood Suite stay on occasion. Gives me the feeling of a bit of home (or my old apartment many years ago), The Lincoln Candlewood is and excellent value - price is right, good location relative to the city, eateries, and other local services. Several nice restaurants are across the street in a small outdoor mall area. Staff was welcoming and friendly. This is our business place to stay while working in Lincoln.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Millionmiletravelers
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Great nights sleep at a low cost rate. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. The room was comfortable and quiet. What more do you need in a hotel room? Great location for shopping in the southern part of Lincoln. Very accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Huskerfan1942
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here after we were impressed with the candlewood in Paducah. It was a nice clean property with nice employees. We washed a FREE load of clothes while on our roadtrip! Free WIFI and free coffee!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ageinert
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here between October thru December 2011 while attending school. It was a wonderful experience and I had no problems. Roland and his staff treated me like I was apart of their families instead of just a customer. The facilities and services were all I could ask for. My room was great, there are laundry rooms on each floor and a wonderful exercise room. Every Wednesday they had a catered dinner for guests and there is a shuttle bus that can take you anywhere you need to go.
Since I was alone and knew no one in the city, the manager Roland and his staff really went out of their way to make me feel like I was at home. In fact, they were so great that the day I left was actually a sad day.
I never saw any bugs which is unusual in hotels that allow pets. During my stay it snowed three times and I had no problems getting out of the parking area because that had snow plows cleaning the parking area almost before it had time to build up.
Bottom line: I'd recommend stay here to anyone who visited for any length of time. If you're looking for a clean, pet-friendly place to stay with a friendly, helpful staff look no further.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank blueminad
Reviewed 4 April 2013

LOVE this hotel!!!! Was way more than I was expecting! It truly is like staying in a studio apartment. They also allow pets so it really does feel like home. It is perfect for a business traveler or anyone staying in town for a couple of days. It was the perfect location and doesn't take long to get to most places in Lincoln.

There are many food options within walking distance, a grocery store, gas station... everything you need is right there. If you are planning ahead and like massages, there is a massage school across the street. Call ahead and see if they have openings for a low-cost massage!

The front desk staff were very helpful when we checked in and out. They called the room after we checked in to see if we needed anything. I love the fact that they respect your privacy. They were there if we needed something but other than that we rarely saw staff. They clean the rooms every 7 days unless if you ask for a more frequent cleaning. I love this as I am always dodging housekeeping in other hotels and feel like I need to leave the room at a certain time so they can come in to clean.

They accept pets and have a doggie area behind the hotel. They even provide bags and a garbage can. Their is a local dog park/run very close to the hotel too!

The rooms were just like the photos. So spacious and clean. The only thing missing in the room is an oven but they do have toaster ovens available at the front desk. Between the stove-top and the microwave, an oven really is not needed. There was a full size fridge with an ice maker. So no running down the hall to get ice! I thought it was great that they have an 'on your honor' food market by the front desk. They even had some frozen meals if you get hungry and don't want to run out. Cans of soda were only 50 cents! You just fill out the slip and they charge it to your room or you put cash in the box. Such a great perk having that down the hall.

They also have a fitness room and laundry. You can't go wrong staying at this place! You will love it. The price is fantastic too!! We will never stay anywhere else in Lincoln. It will be our home away from home!

Room Tip: I suggest asking for a room by the stairs if you have pets for quick access to the dog area. We were...