“Nice Place”

Candlewood Suites Lincoln
Ranked #38 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I needed to be in Lincoln for four nights and Candlewood was near my client. It suit my need perfectly. The room was large and with a well outfitted kitchen. There is once a week cleaning, which I like. The folks running the place were pleasant and friendly. It seemed to me that everyone there were traveling related to their work so it was extremely quiet. It is away from down town but to me that is not really a problem. if you are driving, it is a quick ten minutes to the center of town. Maybe 20 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed fine to me.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here while attending a local hospital for tests. The staff was excellent, even holding a room for us without a credit card. The suite was very nice, with a full kitchen and a pantry on site for purchase of food. The front desk had free movies for loan, and a daily newspaper. The beds were very comfortable. The suite was clean and quiet. Met our needs perfectly. Also, a Hy-Vee store ios down the block and they have great food/meals. Very convenient.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and that was convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith N
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here again for a weekend of meetings, graduations, and fun trips. The staff was, again, so kind and helpful, and even assisted folks as there were tornado warnings in our area.
The location is in close proximity to many places to eat, and right across from a large grocery store, so there is no reason to not have anything to eat or drink

Room Tip: If you don't like headlights shining in your window, request an upstairs room - the 1st floor ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Not our first trip here, not our last. Candlewood is relatively inexpensive, well maintained, and convenient to most of Lincoln. It is also away from the "Zoo" at UNL (there is a play on names for those who know the downtown bar scene a bit and fight Big Red on those weekends). This is above average for the type of hotel, even above average for the Candlewood chain. I wish they had a good knife, though, because we enjoy wine and cheese and always end up purchasing (and leaving) a decent but cheap knife.

Room Tip: Higher is better. Floors a little thin if you are on 1, 2, or 3.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 14 January 2014

After having stayed at this location before, I searched on the internet to book it again. The search results took me to a site called Reservation Desk. BEWARE these people are at best inept and at worst crooks.
I had to cancel too late to avoid the single night stay. On my next credit card bill they stuck me with all four nights! After four calls and a visit to the hotel directly, the error was found, they thought I actually stayed there dispite the cancellation. Candlewook quickly credited the three nights back to Reservation Desk (or Expedia or Travel Now Hum, I wonder why they need all these aliases?). But now after eight phone calls and over 4 hours on the phone, I still have nothing..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Lyle H
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The suites are comfortable, I can check out movies to watch in my room at ease, and there is anything I need within a mile or two. What I can't find, the staff is more that helpful to assist me every time

Room Tip: Because of the great vaule and location, don't waste time to make your reservations
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Gabrellia and the hotel manager were great. Very helpful. The room was adequate. We could not ride the courtesy shuttle because we we were on pleasure, not on business? There was no ice machine. We had to wait for the fridge to make ice. When we finally got ice it tasted nasty. Room by the front desk noisy. No house keeping for second night stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends