Countryside Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelgas station across the streetsitting areaceiling fanwafflesgreat ratefirst floorcontinental breakfastnice breakfastnon smokinghot tubcoffee makerlincoln areagreat roomking bedwould stay here againclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I tried to stay here recently while driving back home to Colorado with my 4 year old son. I called approx. 4 hours prior to arrival and spoke with Vicki, who reserved a room at a great rate. She did not ask for a credit card which I thought was odd, but passed it off as a neighborly/small-town gesture. I was looking forward to staying here after the rave reviews.

When I arrived, Vicki told me she had "no recollection" of my name or reservation, and that there were no rooms available. She was a bit rude at first, but then did admit she was at fault and apologized. She did call another hotel to reserve a room on my behalf, but it was over 4 miles away, too far for a weary traveler and his son to bear.

We ended up getting lucky and finding a room at another hotel close by. This unfortunately has left a bad taste for Countryside, and I'm not sure I will ever try the brand again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank S G
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were on our way back to NH after a week in Utah. Stayed in different hotels 15 times and this was the best of all of them. And the coupon price was a big help with our budget. Vicki greeted us with a smile and saw to it that we had a first floor room. This is the cleanest place that I have ever stayed, from the washing machine to the door knobs! Breakfast area was spotless
and the food set out in a pleasing way. I met Tyson one morning and he was pleasant, This hotel is not a chain and the owner is to be complimented on the way he runs it. Great job!!

Room Tip: Room facing the marsh for bird watching.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'm amazed with the other reviews. At $100. a night, this was beyond budget. The one positive was the staff. They were very pleasant and helpful. (Smiled and didn't hesitate to give me more towels and coffee pods.) The rooms themselves were okay clean, but corners in bathroom were nasty. The furniture was beyond "tired". The most disconcerting thing was the outdoor door to rooms was never locked. Great security!! This tied for one of the worst Hotel stays ever. I guess you get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smurfnmoms
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here after finding a coupon book at one of the rest areas for $49 a night. I called to check on bringing my dog, and was initially told that it was a $5 fee. Once arriving and presenting the coupon a different person told me it was a $10 fee. It made me a little suspicious that they were adding higher fees to those taking advantage of the coupon, but it was probably an honest mistake. The hotel was perfect for what I needed -- a clean, quiet place to stay while traveling through on I-80.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Epaddler
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The place to stop in Lincoln, Nebraska. We were going to stop in Omaha, but decided to drive a little further and get away from the congestion. Great idea. We found The Countryside Suites and got a room in the back on the 1st floor overlooking the bird sanctuary/preserved marshland. It was so nice and peaceful. We walked over to Cracker Barrel for dinner and had a great nights sleep. Cold bottled water at front desk .. only $1.00. Front desk person .. Gloria Lynn ... very pleasant and helpful. Recommended stop for a trip through this area. Clean and comfy.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the Marshes/Bird sanctuary .... even 1st floor rooms are higher than the ground level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family