“Great place for a beer and some comfort food”
Review of Ploughshare Brewing Company - CLOSED

Ploughshare Brewing Company
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Healthy, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Ploughshare Brewing Co. offers a rotation of our hand-crafted beers on 12 taps. We brew our own selection of house ales and lagers, and carry cider, GF, and NA options. The brewery also offers wine and non-alcoholic beverages, including fresh French pressed coffee and nostalgic sodas. The brewery uses traditional brewing methods and styles, and sources only the highest quality ingredients for its beer. In addition to serving amazing beer, Ploughshare Brewing offers delicious snacks such as soft pretzels, authentic brats, Ploughman's Platters, and seasonal soups and desserts. Many ingredients are sourced from Nebraska-based producers and farmers, with a focus on sustainable resources and an emphasis on organic ingredients. Everything is made in house from scratch. Ploughshare uses a British pub system. Sit where you want. Order from the bar. Stay as long as you like. You won't find any TVs in our establishment because we are all about enjoying good beer with old friends, or perhaps meeting new ones. After all, beer is the great unifier. Cheers!
Reviewed 24 June 2016

I stopped in for a beer with my son, and had one of their signature soft pretzels. It was great! My son has eaten here a few times and loved it. I look forward to going back for a meal myself!

Matt S, Owner at Ploughshare Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Scott - Thanks for stopping by the brewery Taproom and thanks for Getting Behind the Plough! Cheers! from all of us beer farmers.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

This is a very beautiful brewery. Love the atmosphere. It is self serve so you have to go to the counter and stand in line to get your beer. Not a big deal. As for the beers. Not a single one we could find to drink. We ordered the pretzel and I asked for extra cheese sauce..75 cents for this tiny cup???? Employees were very nice but no plans to go back until they improve the beer.

Matt S, Owner at Ploughshare Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

My name is Matt Stinchfield and I am the owner of Ploughshare Brewing. I am sorry that your recent visit to our Taproom was unsatisfactory.

Your experience was so vastly unlike that of our other customers, that I wanted to set a couple of facts straight and then offer you an opportunity to revisit our establishment and hopefully revise your review of Ploughshare.

We do not have cheese sauce on or beside our pretzels, nor do we make a cheese sauce. I do not understand what you could have requested. We do serve our pretzels with a choice of dips (ranch, mustard aioli, or brown mustard). These dips are scratch made and a serving of your choice comes with each pretzel. We charge $0.68 + tax for extra dip.

What concerns me even more is that from our wide variety of exceptional beers you were unable to find one you liked. This is frankly, unprecedented. My entire staff and I pride ourselves on our clean, balanced, wonderfully drinkable beers which span the spectrum from Farm Boy Cream Ale - a good choice for light lager drinkers - to our Percheron IPA or Coal Train Baltic Porter for beer aficionados.

Please take the time to visit Ploughshare again and ask for me by name. I will be happy to discuss your flavor preferences and find one of our beers that you are sure to enjoy.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Family stop between MPLS and Denver. I loved it. Great beer selection. Atmosphere is fun. Casual/rugged.
They had a fun selection of Brats and sandwiches. I know you are thinking brats, but they were tasty and all had a flair of their own.
I would recommend this place for a casual evening out friends or dinner out with the family. The price is really reasonable.

Matt S, Owner at Ploughshare Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2016

Hi Cindy,
We were happy to be your hosts. Thanks for choosing us as a midpoint on your drive. Thanks, too, for letting TripAdvisor readers know what you thought of the Ploughshare experience. We hope to see you again on your next journey.
Cheers!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We would head to Ploughshare on a Tuesday for for Trivia! This was extremely fun, great activity to do in Lincoln and I had a hot dog and pretzel which was yummy. Nice little place!

Matt S, Owner at Ploughshare Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Hi Amy,
Thanks for posting about Ploughshare. Geeks Who Drink is now on Thursday night and we host an even larger crowd! Stop back in to see what new beers we've tapped. And yes, we'll always have our house-made pretzels in salted original, cheesy cheddar, and spicy bonfire!
Cheers,
Matt S.
Beer Farmer and Owner

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

We thought this would be a good option for an end of the day meal and beer based on Trip Adviser, but found out they have only a partial menu on Wednesdays.

We enjoyed two different beers and had, soup, pretzel and sharable meat, olive and cheese plate. We also shared one dessert (carrot cake).

It was not a lot of food. The place was almost empty and tee was one server. Service was slow but not terrible.

Total bill was $54 for three of us.

Matt S, Owner at Ploughshare Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Hi Folks and thanks for stopping by the Ploughshare taproom. Glad you enjoyed the beer. With all the brewpubs around, people sometimes expect a full menu and full table service. We are primarily a production brewery with a Taproom that serves food from a small, rotating menu. We specialize in the use of local ingredients and make our foods from scratch following traditional German, English, French-Belgian recipes.

Next time you pass through Lincoln, be sure to stop by again and inform me of your presence. I'll be happy to show you the brewery. Cheers!