“good variety and preparation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Green Gateau

The Green Gateau
Ranked #3 of 654 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Punta Gorda, Florida
“good variety and preparation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Been there three times for Sunday brunch -- probably the best menu (not buffet) brunch in Lincoln -- excellent food, good variety, good service -- reservations a must

• Visited January 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Enh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sense is that The Green Gateau is one of the more upscale weekend brunch places in Lincoln and, while the service was pretty good (thank you, Jordan) and the atmosphere was fine - white linen and nicely appointed - I have to say that the food made me ill. I think it was the potato pancake with cheese. It was too rich for me and I paid the price. No one at our table raved about their meals and it was a little pricey for brunch, so, all in all, I'd probably skip it if I'm ever back in Lincoln.

• Visited June 2014
Benton, Arkansas
“Sunday Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

While the Green Gateau is a beautiful venue and the food is quite good, we found the service to be seriously lacking. Our waitress seemed flustered and on the border line of being rude. My husband ordered the biscuits and gravy with hash browns. The plate came out and the food was cold. He asked to have it warmed and the waitress explained that it could take up to thirty minutes!?! My Eggs Oscar was wonderful and plentiful. The crab cake was 90% crab and tasted fresh. The hollandaise, while tasty, was a bit skimpy. My friend asked for either ketchup or hot sauce but was never given any. The final straw was when the waitress lost our credit card upon paying the bill. I had to suggest that she go look for it.

• Visited June 2014
Saratoga, Wyoming
“Great birthday breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had an opportunity to have a late breakfast here for my wife's birthday. What a great find! It is a little out of the way, but once you are there, you will want to settle in. Great atmosphere, great mimosas, great benidict, wonderful french doughnut thingy. We had a great time, I would like to come back for another meal some time.

Visited May 2014
Chappell, Nebraska
“Rehearsal dinner and after the wedding brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently hosted about 70 people for a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding in Lincoln. Even with this many people and the need for a limited menu, everyone thought they did a very good job. Food and service were very good, and we would definitely recommend this establishment.

Visited May 2014

Been to The Green Gateau? Share your experiences!