“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Indian
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Nice place. Only tried the Saag Paneer and the House Naan and the Mango Lassi. Rice was great. Saag was stringy, and the cheese really really firm, almost hard. Nice flavor but not a fan of the texture. The Lassi was excellent, but the standout was the House Naan. Wow. Really good. We went early on a Friday evening. No wait. Staff were attentive. Place seemed clean. Would visit again, but would order something else.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank youthtripplanner

“Great Indian Cusisine”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Tandoor is very close to my house and I eat there a lot. I have never ordered something I did not like and this place got me to actually like the soup, when I first tried the soup I thought it tasted like mint mojito soup with a piece of mustard bread stuck in it! Not anymore!! The Mali kafta (sp?) is my go to order!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Ronicka S
“OK”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

the food was good, service was OK. just, the food was not as good as some places I have been. they were clean and the service was OK.

2 Thank Bill G
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I love this place. I don't understand why there would be negative reviews on here. The food is fantastic. Every dish I've tried so far has tasted great!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Leyla E
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good, authentic Indian food”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I went to supper here tonight with a visiting Indian consultant friend. We'd been to the Oven on a prior visit and he was underwhelmed, but I reminded him "this is not San Francisco."

Still, he was determined to find someplace better, so this time we tried Tandoor. When we arrived, he inquired about the ethnicity of everyone there---the chef, the help, the owner---something I would have thought rude, but which our waiter thought only amusing. They were all Bhutanese, which my friend was quite happy about (Bhutan, of course, borders India).

We shared a chicken and a lamb dish, and both were good---better than the food at the Oven, and less expensive. The mulligatawny soup was actually fabulous, the Raita was great (it would be especially good for dousing the fire if you get something spicy like the Vindaloo) and the service was friendly and quick.

That said, my five star review is based partly on my opening statement: "This is Lincoln." Is this really a 5-star restaurant? No. The food is good, but not to die for. The ambiance is contemporary strip-mall---I'd never take a first date here---and I'm sure better Indian food can be found in a bigger city.

But I bumped it from four stars to five because 1) it's still arguably better food than the Oven for less money, 2) even my picky Indian friend thought it was quite good, 3) the service was friendly and quick and 4) this really is Lincoln, so I'm rating on a curve!

Give it a try, ask your waiter for recommendations and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited October 2012