“A review based on the given fact this place is a cheap dive”

Luxury Inn & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #59 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I'll be nice. I booked this place because it's close to downtown and was a reasonable price given everywhere else was booked solid on a game Saturday. Considering it's a dump overall, I appreciated the fact that the toilet worked, the shower worked, the bed was relatively comfortable, and it was fairly clean. This place is a real dive but if you get lucky and get a room without any problems, then you'll survive. The front desk guy was really nice, so kudos to him. He helped us call a cab and let me charge my phone on his USB plug on his computer.
There is so much maintenance needed that Section 8 housing would compare favorably. If you came here expecting a nice place to stay, you will be disappointed. Realizing that it's ranked 48 out of 52 places to stay in Lincoln, my only hope was to survive the evening. I did indeed survive, and it worked out much better than my low expectations. Would I stay here again? If every other motel is booked or if this is the only one for under $80, yes I would. Otherwise, probably not. If you require Hyatt or Marriott accommodations than stay there. If you desire adventure and less demand on your wallet, than the Luxury Inn is for YOU!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gruntlumber

Reviewed 16 September 2012

First let me say the good thing(s). I had mistakenly reserved a room with 1 queen bed and wanted a room with 2 queen beds. Upon arrival the manager had no problem changing our room and the beds and sheets were clean and comfortable. Now, for the rest....We barely had any toliet paper and called the front desk twice and neither time did they bring any. Their website states in room coffee maker, iron, and HBO the room had none of these. The room had no kleenex or cups or ice container of any kind. There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion either. There were 2 small soaps only. The TV was very old and the picture was fuzzy and the remote was broken. The inside of the toilet was very dirty and when I bumped a wall light, the dust flew.

Would I stay here again? No. Would I recommend this hotel to any traveler? No.

Room Tip: I did not follow my own rule...I looked at Tripadvisor first but thought.....I really just want a ch...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorrie M
Reviewed 21 August 2012

A room with a bed. Air conditioner noisy, microwave looked like it had been dropped a few more times than necessary. Whole building smelled of smoke. Window without lock or screen. Floors creaked - we stayed on first floor and could hear someone pacing above us all night. Front desk staff were friendly, honest and courteous. Good enough for a cheap place to stay for one night when arriving late and leaving early.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had a coupon for $29.95. Towels are stained, the internet wasn't working down the hall that my room was in, which was very frustrating. The fan was so loud when it kicked in.

The staff was friendly to me,.

I took a sleeping pill and tuned everything out.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The hot tub is broken do not expect to use it. Breakfast was the typical coffee ( good coffee) and rolls type affair.The toliet would not flush in our first room so we were moved into a handicapped room at the end of the hall under the stairs. The bed frame was broken, but other than that the room and bathroom was very clean. I always check between the headboard and the wall, the bathroom grout, and under the toliet rim for dirt ect. when I check into a hotel. For those travling with children watch out they have a channel on t.v,that children should not watch! I am very serious about this last detail!!! Overall cheapest and clean place to stay while in Lincoln and easy to get to. Perkins is right down the road and the highway is right next to you. We had no problems with leaving our van outside for two dasy and night either. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs not by the stairs. Main floor king sized bed best bet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dragonfeathr
Reviewed 12 September 2011

So I get the euphemistic naming in the tourism industry. But "luxury" is more than a stretch for this place. The outside needs some severe updating, there aren't enough outlets even for all the appliances in the room, the wifi is slow, the (permanently discolored/stained) sheets don't quite fit the beds. Our room even had a dirty bedspread stuffed on the upper shelf of the closet area.

That being said, the people here are all kinds of friendly, the rooms have microfridges and working televisions, and we paid $34 for our double room. For an off-the-expressway 1-night stay, I've got no regrets.

Room Tip: If you go through booking.com, there will be no cancellation fee-- but your room will only be held u...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ajhorse21
Reviewed 8 August 2011

had A COUPON FROM TRAVEL BUDDYFOR 29.99/ NITE. walked in needing a nap. Blanket so stained had to use a hand towel to remove. fitted sheet had two pubic hairs on sheet, and 1 on pillow case. after one hour waiting for houskeeping to change bedding, i stripped the bedding down to mattress, and took it to front desk. when they finly caME IN to make bed,they put the same sheets back on bed, with the pubs still on sheets.
My socks were black on the bottom from dirty carpet, and stuck to the floor as we walked across room! Spa was out of order. a 12 oz can of pop cot $1.50. Spend $15.00 more for a cleaner place run from this place, dont walk!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple