“REVIEW THIS 1st on this dump”

Luxury Inn & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #59 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 9 March 2013

HI. I stayed here on March 7th, 2013. It was late and close to the exit on I-80 westbound. I stay in many hotels/motels around the US. This property is one of the worst. When checking in, I was greeted by the Lincoln Police where officers had to be called to the property. Tired and wanting to crash, I moved around the officers, checked in and in walking in the bathroom I see that the ceiling and walls around the tub/shower were losing their coatings...actually all the way down to wood, mold and nastiness. Check out time is 11:00am. Because I arrived after midnight, I tried to sleep in a bit. With slamming doors and noise, I finally got my shower, shaved and was finishing getting dressed. Next thing this young girl comes walking into my room. Didn't knock, no shout housekeeping or anything... just walks in. Needless to say, I asked her what she was doing. She said that it was after 11:00 and that she can enter rooms without knocking after 11:00am. Excuse me, ever hear about breaking and entering?? Since it was 10:40am 20 minutes prior to their check out time, I went to the manager and this young lady proceeded to holler at me because I exposed her and told the manager they should take the master keys away from this young lady, not to mention explain privacy rights. Floors were not clean and if this was the only place to stay withing hundreds of miles, I'd get the Lysol first and make sure that there was a secondary lock on the door to stop people from walking in your room.... OTHERWISE... stay clear and beware.

Room Tip: Stay away from slamming outside doors but really just STAY AWAY from this place
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bob L

Reviewed 27 December 2012

I booked our room through hotelplanner.com. I admit, I was looking for the least expensive accommodations possible but this was ridiculous!! I was given inaccurate information regarding the accommodations. The motel states that it has a jacuzzi and wi-fi. As a business owner, the wi-fi is imperative to me! I tried getting onto the internet during my first nights' stay...no such luck! I let the manager know that the internet was not working and he said that he would reset the router. After resetting the router, he asked me to come out to the hallway and show him that the network was available. I did so. As soon as I returned to the room and shut the door, the wi-fi was no longer available. I tried explaining this to the manager but his english was so broken I'm surprised he even understood what I was saying! Because of no available internet, I left for the day to obtain service! After returning to the motel, I entered my room to find a waterfall coming through the ceiling in the bathroom. Again, I contacted the manager and asked to be put in a different room. Apparently, he was unable to accommodate me with another king size room so I was placed in a room with a full size bed. Extremely irritated at this point!! I, again, tried catching the wi-fi signal because we were placed clear on the other side of the motel but that side didn't work any better! If you wanted to sit in the hallway, you could use the internet but I like to work in private because of all the paperwork that goes along with my job!! I asked the front desk about the jacuzzi. This got me laughed at!! They said it was 'under construction.' How was I to know this and why is it okay to laugh at a customer's legitimate question? Because of the hassles with the motel, I checked out 5 days earlier than planned. I have contacted both the motel and hotelplanner.com to let them know of my cancellation. I have asked for a refund! All of this has been one big headache and I am still waiting for someone at the motel to verify my stay and checkout a week later!! Oh! And, the seediness of the motel is unfathomable!! RUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RBrown1013
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I'll be nice. I booked this place because it's close to downtown and was a reasonable price given everywhere else was booked solid on a game Saturday. Considering it's a dump overall, I appreciated the fact that the toilet worked, the shower worked, the bed was relatively comfortable, and it was fairly clean. This place is a real dive but if you get lucky and get a room without any problems, then you'll survive. The front desk guy was really nice, so kudos to him. He helped us call a cab and let me charge my phone on his USB plug on his computer.
There is so much maintenance needed that Section 8 housing would compare favorably. If you came here expecting a nice place to stay, you will be disappointed. Realizing that it's ranked 48 out of 52 places to stay in Lincoln, my only hope was to survive the evening. I did indeed survive, and it worked out much better than my low expectations. Would I stay here again? If every other motel is booked or if this is the only one for under $80, yes I would. Otherwise, probably not. If you require Hyatt or Marriott accommodations than stay there. If you desire adventure and less demand on your wallet, than the Luxury Inn is for YOU!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gruntlumber
Reviewed 16 September 2012

First let me say the good thing(s). I had mistakenly reserved a room with 1 queen bed and wanted a room with 2 queen beds. Upon arrival the manager had no problem changing our room and the beds and sheets were clean and comfortable. Now, for the rest....We barely had any toliet paper and called the front desk twice and neither time did they bring any. Their website states in room coffee maker, iron, and HBO the room had none of these. The room had no kleenex or cups or ice container of any kind. There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion either. There were 2 small soaps only. The TV was very old and the picture was fuzzy and the remote was broken. The inside of the toilet was very dirty and when I bumped a wall light, the dust flew.

Would I stay here again? No. Would I recommend this hotel to any traveler? No.

Room Tip: I did not follow my own rule...I looked at Tripadvisor first but thought.....I really just want a ch...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorrie M
Reviewed 21 August 2012

A room with a bed. Air conditioner noisy, microwave looked like it had been dropped a few more times than necessary. Whole building smelled of smoke. Window without lock or screen. Floors creaked - we stayed on first floor and could hear someone pacing above us all night. Front desk staff were friendly, honest and courteous. Good enough for a cheap place to stay for one night when arriving late and leaving early.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had a coupon for $29.95. Towels are stained, the internet wasn't working down the hall that my room was in, which was very frustrating. The fan was so loud when it kicked in.

The staff was friendly to me,.

I took a sleeping pill and tuned everything out.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The hot tub is broken do not expect to use it. Breakfast was the typical coffee ( good coffee) and rolls type affair.The toliet would not flush in our first room so we were moved into a handicapped room at the end of the hall under the stairs. The bed frame was broken, but other than that the room and bathroom was very clean. I always check between the headboard and the wall, the bathroom grout, and under the toliet rim for dirt ect. when I check into a hotel. For those travling with children watch out they have a channel on t.v,that children should not watch! I am very serious about this last detail!!! Overall cheapest and clean place to stay while in Lincoln and easy to get to. Perkins is right down the road and the highway is right next to you. We had no problems with leaving our van outside for two dasy and night either. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs not by the stairs. Main floor king sized bed best bet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple