“Nothing fancy but meets your needs”

Luxury Inn & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #57 of 60 Hotels in Lincoln
Ankeny, Iowa
“Nothing fancy but meets your needs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Quick check in. Room was clean. Nothing fancy so be real when you reserve room. You get what you pay for. No weird smells. Window air conditioner was cool but not cold and it was in the 60's outside on the day we stayed. We like our room cold so even if it is winter outside we like to run the air to keep the room cool and not have to listen to outside noises from having the window open, plus many hotels don't even let you open the windows. Bed was comfortable. Room was well furnished. bathroom was sufficient. Shower head was way too low. I am 5'4" and it was too low for me to stand under. Handicap equipped. Hotel lobby was clean and neat. PLenty of room for you/groups to hang out in. Free breakfast which is always a nice perk. Friendly staff. Cab service available. Close to interstate. 5 minute cab ride to downtown area. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

As soon as we entered, I knew we should have left. Our room had peeling and stained paint all over. The bathtub was disgusting! Soap scrum everywhere, just needed a basic good scrubbing. Someone had clearly punched a hole in the bathroom door. The "tie-back" for the curtains was a air conditioning window unit. I described it as "a place prostitutes come to die". The absolute worst was the next morning, waking up to small blood stains on our sheets... bed bugs. One had molted on the bed and we found one crawling on the wall which we squished and blood, our blood, came out. I insisted we get our money back, which the staff complied and did supply us with garbage bags to put our stuff which needs to be washed at high temperatures or thrown away. It was awful, disgusting, the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank EmilyAgs

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Thornton, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I decided to get a room while I was eating in Omaha going West from the Muilwaukee HD 110th anniversary when I noticed a cheap room. I was rolling in late so I figured hey why not!! Anyway I rolled in, front desk person very nice and friendly but after that it goes down hill. I get to my room, smells musty and the bed spread has some kind of stain on it. First thing I do is pull that off and since i was tired I decided to fall asleep. I woke up with Bed Bug bites on my ankles and wrists.. I told the manager and her didnt acknowledge and told me he at least had breakfast!! Anyways that consisted of frozen waffles, stale bread, orange juice and coffee. Nothing Continental about it. That exit 399 heading west has much more better hotels so spend the extra money..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter P
Mandan, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have stayed at the luxury Inn in Lincoln, Nebraska on Cornhusker Hwy, for three weeks. the room was clean and the staff was excellent and the girls in housekeeping spoiled me. the only thing bad was the back door slamed whenever someone went through it. the rate was fantastic either nightly or by the week was even better. i also had a coupon for walk in that I used the first night stay and found the room acceptable so I stayed by the week.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Yorkville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I will be honest and say that after a long vacation and day of driving, the price was enticing. We booked the hotel online and when we got to our room, I couldn't have been more sorry! The woman at the front desk was very friendly, but that was the only good part. I was so exhausted that I just hoped to fall asleep and forget about the disgusting conditions of the room. The toilet seat was bigger than the bowl and every time it was flushed, black gunk came up into the bowl. When I woke up in the morning to quickly shower and check out, I discovered the tub didn't drain well. For the entire shower, I was standing in about four inches of water and who knows what else! I woke my husband up immediately and told him to get up because we were leaving. The sink was so dirty that we brushed out teeth in the parking lot with bottled water. My skin is crawling as I write this review! I wish I had walked out as soon as we saw the room!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate812122
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We attended a graduation there in May 2013. What a smokey dirty "non smoking" room we had. The place was sooo dirty and the curtains looked like they were there from when the place was first built. I could not wait to get home to take a shower. Everything was just so grimey it seemed like the only "dive" on the strip. I would not recommend this place to anyone, even though the price is enticing. Please send a note to clean and really update this place. When I arrived late from a flight, I was told by the clerk there was no such reservation, then after her long search she finally found mine, then she told me I had to leave the next day when my reservation was for the weekend! She was so confused that I wanted to leave right then, maybe that would've been best! Don't go.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LadyPatt
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Maybe I'm fussy, but the Ac heater was SO LOUD one couldn't sleep. A sheet and a comforter does not make one warm and snug. The place has much to be desired. The guy behind the desk was very hospitable andnice, but dressed like the sign out from with letters falling off it. I bought the room on Hotels.com and couldn't get my money back. The third room he showed me was acceptable.

• Stayed April 2013