“Just A Room”

Luxury Inn & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #57 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
“Just A Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

It was a room with four walls and two beds. The bonus was it was right off I-80. That's about all I have good to say about it. It was just a basic room, nothing special about. Breakfast was some frozen waffles and some watered down/ bitter orange juice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fesiknrs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kerney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

As a joke, I told my dad that I should have checked into a place where the primary source of revenue wasn't meth but as the night progressed, I wondered how true that was.....Spend the money to stay somewhere else..... The place smells like smoke (although it is "smoke free"). There was almost no toilet paper, curtains were stained at burnt from cigarettes, there was puke or oatmeal on the floor. We ate the $40 bucks we paid and stayed elsewhere

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Roamingtrave1

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Waukee, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had to get a hotel last minute when I found out my sister was competing in the NCAA D3 Nationals meet in Lincoln. The meet took place the same weekend as Nebraska's state basketball tournament, so my options for hotel rooms were very limited. I was a little nervous when I booked the room, but figured it would be basic but tolerable.

I was wrong! It was the most disgusting place I have ever been! The lobby smelled terrible and the people checking us in, while nice enough, were wearing visibly dirty clothing. The hallway near our room on the second floor had a different, but also awful, smell. There was trash on the floor in the halls and large stains on the hallway carpeting.

The actual room was dimly lit by one overhead fixture by the door. Only one of the two lamps worked, so we still had very little light. My mom was traveling with me. She has asthma and although we requested a non-smoking room, the smell was so strong she felt like she might need her inhaler. The plaster was peeling off the ceiling, which must have leaked at some point (and may still have had it been raining) and looked like it could fall on us in spots. There were stains on the comforter, shower curtain, walls, toilet, and bathroom floor. There was a large web with a spider in it in one corner, and many cobwebs/spiderwebs in other corners. When I sat down on the bed, a splinter of wood poked me in the leg through my jeans. I then found several other small chips of wood on top of the bed.

There was a sign on the door saying the hotel was full when we came in, so I didn't even bother asking about a different room. (I doubt it would have been better anyhow.) Thankfully, I was able to find a room at a different hotel that hadn't shown up in my search results a few days prior (maybe someone cancelled..?). I had to pay more than I would have liked (It was a really nice place.), especially since we had already paid for this dump. I know it's a cheap hotel, but there is no excuse for being filthy and possibly unsafe.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank arcannin
Ankeny, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Quick check in. Room was clean. Nothing fancy so be real when you reserve room. You get what you pay for. No weird smells. Window air conditioner was cool but not cold and it was in the 60's outside on the day we stayed. We like our room cold so even if it is winter outside we like to run the air to keep the room cool and not have to listen to outside noises from having the window open, plus many hotels don't even let you open the windows. Bed was comfortable. Room was well furnished. bathroom was sufficient. Shower head was way too low. I am 5'4" and it was too low for me to stand under. Handicap equipped. Hotel lobby was clean and neat. PLenty of room for you/groups to hang out in. Free breakfast which is always a nice perk. Friendly staff. Cab service available. Close to interstate. 5 minute cab ride to downtown area. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

As soon as we entered, I knew we should have left. Our room had peeling and stained paint all over. The bathtub was disgusting! Soap scrum everywhere, just needed a basic good scrubbing. Someone had clearly punched a hole in the bathroom door. The "tie-back" for the curtains was a air conditioning window unit. I described it as "a place prostitutes come to die". The absolute worst was the next morning, waking up to small blood stains on our sheets... bed bugs. One had molted on the bed and we found one crawling on the wall which we squished and blood, our blood, came out. I insisted we get our money back, which the staff complied and did supply us with garbage bags to put our stuff which needs to be washed at high temperatures or thrown away. It was awful, disgusting, the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank EmilyAgs
Thornton, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I decided to get a room while I was eating in Omaha going West from the Muilwaukee HD 110th anniversary when I noticed a cheap room. I was rolling in late so I figured hey why not!! Anyway I rolled in, front desk person very nice and friendly but after that it goes down hill. I get to my room, smells musty and the bed spread has some kind of stain on it. First thing I do is pull that off and since i was tired I decided to fall asleep. I woke up with Bed Bug bites on my ankles and wrists.. I told the manager and her didnt acknowledge and told me he at least had breakfast!! Anyways that consisted of frozen waffles, stale bread, orange juice and coffee. Nothing Continental about it. That exit 399 heading west has much more better hotels so spend the extra money..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter P
Mandan, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have stayed at the luxury Inn in Lincoln, Nebraska on Cornhusker Hwy, for three weeks. the room was clean and the staff was excellent and the girls in housekeeping spoiled me. the only thing bad was the back door slamed whenever someone went through it. the rate was fantastic either nightly or by the week was even better. i also had a coupon for walk in that I used the first night stay and found the room acceptable so I stayed by the week.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family