Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lincoln Airport, NE
Ranked #29 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Clean rooms and property. Very friendly staff. Were upgraded to a suite because booked room was not quite ready to occupy. Adequate choices for breakfast. The swimming pool was clean and well-kept. Close to airport, but heard no airport noise. Only complaint, speaking of noise: The sound of running water from adjacent room was intrusive, as was the air conditioning units when they kicked on. Will stay at this property again the next time in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Dominic A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lincoln Airport, NE, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Roger. Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our hotel. I love getting feedback from our guests so that I can share that information with my staff. I'm glad to hear you will be staying with us again. We look forward to your visit and hope that next time we can exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel in Lincoln but would definitely stay there again. It was very nice, very clean, the outdoor was one of nicest we have seen. The breakfast was great and funny thing, they had real silverware and coffee mugs. We travel often and get really tired of plastic silverware and Styrofoam cups! In the middle of July to stay at a place with an outdoor pool that was very clean was a treat

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank italian71

Dear Italian71. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words about your stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time here and at our heated outdoor pool.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inn & Suites, Lincoln Airport, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Amazed at the hominess this motel offered. Extremely friendly staff from Connie at the front desk down to maintenance man. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay & didn't want to go home. I will definitely stay again. The pool was a hit!! Gorgeous! Props to the staff here in Lincoln !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Diane J

Dear Diane. Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review about your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time here!

I have shared your compliments with Connie and Paul, and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inn & Suites, Lincoln Airport, we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The good: comfortable beds, close to interstate, clean beds and carpet, microwave and refrigerator in room, free breakfast, good wi-fi

The bad: check-in, tiny bathroom, old dingy bathtub, moldy caulking in shower and in corners of bathroom floor, little kid hand prints all over full length mirror in room

With this hotel, the good was countered by the bad making my experience just OK. We checked in at 12:30 am and were greeted by a night auditor that looked less than professional with a wrinkled, untucked dress shirt with tie. I asked him about the availability of a room with two beds and instead of a simple yes or no, he went into an explanation on how our rate was for a king bed and acted as if it were a major chore. I am grateful for the room he got us, but he soured my gratitude with his attitude. Also he gave us misinformation regarding the ending time of the breakfast.

The hotel itself is an older property that has been renovated in the not too distant past. It was quiet and provided a good night’s rest. Unfortunately there are a lot of properties in Lincoln and I would recommend trying someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris. Thank you for posting a review and bringing to our attention your experience at our hotel. I want to express my apology for the concerns and inconveniences you feel you encountered with our front desk agent. I have addressed this situation with my hotel staff, and believe it has been rectified.

I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your concerns because your input is valuable to us. Although it is never pleasant to hear when a guest is not satisfied with his or her experience, we do need to be aware of these situations. Comments from our guests provide us with valuable feedback and help us in providing our guests with the service they have become accustomed to at our hotel. I hope you will visit us again soon so next time we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed our night at the Country Inn. Very convenient near the airport right off I80. We arrived late at night and there was construction so it was a little confusing to find. Also, half of their sign was out, either damaged or, as we learned in the lobby, Country Inn and Suites is changing logos, so the sign may have been in transition. The room was clean, bed comfortable and wifi fast and reliable. The breakfast was typical with French toast and sausage the hot selections. Oh, and there was a crock pot of hot oatmeal that my husband especially appreciated; so much better than the instant. And the effort to use real mugs, glasses, plates, bowls and silverware was very much appreciated. So much more pleasant to eat with and so little to throw away. Thank you for taking this step to eliminate unnecessary waste.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ProfMercator
Dominic A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lincoln Airport, NE, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear ProfMercator,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and our Complimentary Hot Breakfast! On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, Lincoln Airport, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when you and your family are travelling back through the area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I don't know why everyone else gave this such a high rating. Our room was at the end of the hall closest to the swimming pool. The swimming pool was closed ended looked like a room had been shut up for some time. There were cobwebs in all the corners and in the bathtub as well but the worst part was the thick black mold coming out of the air conditioner. Having asthma and allergies it was very hard for me to breathe even being in the room for the short time we were. All the rooms in Lincoln were booked for the night so we had to go out of her way to find a room. The people were very nice but the room was horrible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy B
Dominic A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lincoln Airport, NE, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. In reviewing your response I noticed areas where you rated us below what I consider to be acceptable, including the room you were assigned. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inn & Suites, Lincoln Airport, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

For future reference, our outdoor pool opens annually during the first week of June.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on other items, it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me by phone at the hotel. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Dom

Dominic Arellano
Country Inn & Suites, By Carlson, Lincoln Airport

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before, but was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and value. Would choose this hotel over a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn any day. Quiet, clean, very comfortable room, really nice bedding with duvet cover, free easy WiFi, and cookies on arrival. Bathroom clean with excellent lighting, a vent fan and even a heat lamp. The breakfast was fantastic with a great variety of high-quality food, hot and cold (I had scrambled eggs, diced ham and hash browns along with english muffin and cereal.) They had a lot of other things too, like yogurt, waffle maker, etc. All served with real dishes and silverware! Receipt was under my door in the morning so no need to stop and check out. Would highly recommend and definitely would choose to stay here on my next visit to Lincoln. Just a 1-minute walk to a nice food court with a Quizno's and Baskin Robbins etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business