“Clean and conveniently located”
Review of Graduate Lincoln

Graduate Lincoln
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Clean and conveniently located”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The downtown Holiday Inn as the name suggests is a well located. I didn't get the best offer on this hotel considering it was a conference booking (90$/night) but hotel is nice and clean.
The staff are very friendly and even though checkout was early (11 am) I asked to check out later around 2 pm and was accepted without hesitation. There was also free shuttle to the airport.
Close by is a lot of bars and restaurants and basically walking distance to everything including UNL campus.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Good location for UNL events and now a new sports arena nearly done just up the street. Amtrak only a couple blocks away with their new station, and plenty of good food at Haymarket Square. Get upper floor room for good view.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This hotel is not a terrible place to stay, but not the greatest in the downtown district. Parking was convenient, and not horribly priced at 7 bucks per night. The part that is aggravating is the additional $100+ dollars they got authorized on my card, ( for incidentals) and is still a pending charge on my credit card almost two weeks later! Called the management the following Monday after our stay at the hotel, they said it was just an authorization and not a charge on my credit card, it should drop off in the next 3 or 4 days. Again, almost two weeks later and the charge is still a pending charge on my card, what a misrepresented hotel in the regard of integrity~!
Not a Holiday Inn fan anymore!

Room Tip: try another hotel or make sure they dont try to rip you off on incidental charges! I wonder how many...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
We are sorry for the inconvenience of the authorization on your card. All hotels hold an authorization for possible incidentals during a guest stay. Usually that authorization will fall off after 48 hours. If the charge still exists please call the hotel and ask for the General Manager. We apologize for the inconvenience and will help you resolve the issue.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in September when visiting our son who attends the local University. This is not the first time we have stayed here and as yet we have not been disappointed and we tend to do a fair bit of traveling in various hotels.
The staff are extremely friendly and we feel that any issues you may have during your stay would be addressed by them if you were to bring it to their attention.
The parking is tight and our only negative during our stay was that there was a wedding function on one evening and when we returned to the hotel we took the last space on the roof of the car park. When looking out of the window early hours there seemed to be lots of free parking spaces in the car park so we assume these had been used by persons NOT staying overnight but who had parked their car there during the function even though there had been a sign stating parking was for residents only! Maybe this needs to be monitored?
Our room was large in size and was clean. Tea and coffee in the room is provided and our housekeeper changed towels when we left them in the bath, no issues.
We will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. Guest comments are always appreciated. We try to limit our garage to overnight guests although on busy weekends this can be challenging. We will certainly monitor this closely. Thank you again for your kind comments about our staff. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and each of our team members take a part in that process. We hope to see you again soon.
Iowa
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This hotel was very very solid. The location is great, next to the Haymarket district and downtown. A lot of restaurants and shops nearby. Attached parking garage for $7 per day- great! My room was very nice and clean, bed comfy, shower strong. No complaints at all. The staff were very friendly too.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I hated this Holiday Inn. It was old, moldy and musky. My room was about the same. One morning I detected a strong odor of cigarette smoke from the bathroom vent. I phone the front desk to ask if they have any smoking rooms. They said they don't. Then tried to suggest that it was a kitchen vent. Perhaps if their chefs were making Marlboro casserole that would hold true. If they're going to make guests sign a form stating there's a $200 smoking fee, then at the very least enforce it when a guest reports a violation.

Smoke smell aside, the room's air flow was even worse with the sickening wall mounted air conditioning unit. You know the kind found in a dirty motel that leaves you stuffy for days after your stay. They had a wall thermostat, but it doesn't work. Just a blank panel on the wall.

In the bathroom, the faucet and shower water would randomly stop. You'd be brushing your teeth and the water would flow down to a trickle, stop for 30-45 seconds then start again. Almost as if it were being fed by a toilet supply. Wondering if it's a faulty scald-guard, or a much more serious problem?

So the air and the water stink, how about the entertainment? Well, they have a widescreen TV but no HDTV channels. Huge pet peeve for any sports, news and entertainment junkie that likes a good clear picture and sound.

It felt like the bedding was dirty. Didn't help that you have to call the front desk to ask for linen and towel service as they say they won't change them for three days. So unless you want to live in filth, you're placing a daily call to the front desk. On day two of my stay housekeeping neglected to service my room. I worked late, until midnight, so I get back to the room and it's just as I left it. Even without the do not disturb sign. I had it, packed my bags, checked out. Called the front desk from my car and said I'm out. They did say they could still service the room, but it was a little late for me to wait them out. I do not plan on returning.

Being a Holiday Inn in Lincoln, Nebraska, I'd say it's about par for the course. This is the same town that had their Marriott de-franchised for chain compliance violations, guess I'm lucky this place still had a brand name attached to it.

Agree with the others, the parking garage is terrible. I was in a Ford Expedition and it was not pleasant. Thankfully the Ford had front and rear parking assists. Otherwise don't expect to roll in with a Grand Marquis.

Room Tip: Just save yourself the headache and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. You bring up a number of items in your review and we want to guarantee you those are being looked at and addressed. Our priority is making our hotel a better place to stay. Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.
Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is a very reasonable hotel in downtown Lincoln. It's immediately adjacent to the Haymarket historic district and downtown restaurants, and only a few blocks from the southwest edge of the University of Nebraska campus. The rooms are reasonable in size and very clean. The bedding is of the upgraded comfortable style that is becoming more common at many hotel chains. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you are driving a larger vehicle (truck, large SUV, etc.) then BEWARE OF THE PARKING GARAGE. The ramps between levels are very narrow and require a tight turning radius. It's not such a problem when the garage is empty (weekend) but it is ridiculously tedious when the garage is busy and space is limited. I was allowed to park on the street next to the hotel shuttle with my pickup after initially parking in the garage, which I appreciated. But, there are only about three spaces there so it could become full easily. There are alternate better designed public pay parking garages within a block or two.

Room Tip: The parking garage does not accommodate larger vehicles - see above.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business