“Great Location and Value”
Review of Graduate Lincoln

Graduate Lincoln
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Spirit Lake
“Great Location and Value”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed one night and found the staff very welcoming and the property clean and comfortable. Not the newest buliding, but the rooms were updated and very clean. The bed was super comfy and the location was excellent for walking the Haymarket area (TONS of fun shops, dining and bars) and close to UNL events. We got very luck on Priceline with getting this hotel for just $50 and would highly recommend it and return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was just in Lincoln for a convention. I got a $50 a night rate on Priceline and was really happy with my stay.

Our Friday check in was nice and smooth. Hannah did a great job, and she comped our parking for the weekend. Our room was right by the elevator, however, and as soon as we sat our bags down a screaming toddler got off the elevator. We knew this room would not work.

So I called down to the front desk, got a hold of Dominique, and explained the situation. She not only came up with new room keys, she also had two passes for breakfast on Saturday, signed by Hannah! Very nice and thoughtful of them. Thank you ladies!

Breakfast the next day at The Red Onion was really good. The buffet was tasty and we got great service. We came back to The Red Onion that afternoon after my conference to eat dinner before going back out, and that's where things got a little bad. There was no one to greet us at the entrance, so we had to get our own menus and seat ourselves. The food, however, was really good, and the young lady at the bar more than made up for it.

All in all, I enjoyed my time at the Holiday Inn. Kudos to the people at the front desk and the man at the parking garage (super nice man!!) for making our stay special. I will go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was there for a Convention from July 31st to Aug 4th. The service in the Red Onion was excellent. I cannot thank our server Andrew enough for the excellent service that he gave us. It was always a pleasure to see Andrew on duty.
We FROZE in the lobby & meeting rooms & restaurant. Couldn't get anyone to turn the air off or at least make it a comfortable temperature.
PARKING was terrible and made worse when the manager put out a notice that everyone parked on the lower level must move or be towed. Then when we complained we were told the Holiday Inn was the ONLY hotel in the downtown area that offered on site parking....I guess we were supposed to feel lucky.
And finding anyone to help older women with their baggage was impossible....again citing sorry but we're understaffed today.
I gave back my Holiday Inns rewards card.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am going to have to check on the temperature controls as well as the parking issue you mentioned. I am the General Manager of the hotel and was out the week you stayed with us. We do our best at maintaining our temperature at 72 degrees in the hotel. I apologize if it was much colder than that. I will also check on the reasons you were asked to move your car from the attached parking garage as that is obviously not a common practice. We are the only hotel that offers our own parking downtown but you should not have been inconvenienced. I will certainly look into the situation. Please contact me further if there is anything else I can help with. Thanks again for submitting a review.
Dowling
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I came to this hotel as part of a convention. The staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant food was good, though on the expensive side. I was disappointed to find there was no breakfast. My biggest complaint was the room. Everything appeared outdated and carpet was very wet under the air conditioner. The room had a smell to it. For the price, I expected nicer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a response to your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to let you know we are planning a room renovation for late fall this year. We will be replacing the soft goods in our rooms and the hotel itself will have a more modern feel. We look forward to you coming back and seeing what we have done. I will also pass along your kind words to the staff about our service. We appreciate that.
los angeles
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here due to the location and proximity to the Haymarket area which is up and coming. Unfortunately, there was an emergency in the night, and when I went to turn on the bedside lamp it didn't work so I was frantically looking for a light to turn on. As for the pillows, they put an elaborate fabric sign designating which ones are firm and which are soft (as if I couldn't tell by feeling them), but they would have been much better off putting the money into upgraded pillows which were lumpy foam with scratchy pillow cases. Kleenex was not refilled and bathroom was left with only one partial roll of toilet paper. The restaurant breakfast was okay, but a bit pricey. I was even charged for coffee even though it was provided for free in the bar area. A note to future travelers to Lincoln, there is a brand new Marriott Courtyard, and a Hyatt going into the area so there will be more choices, and hopefully more competition to motivate the Holiday Inn. The staff was friendly - no complaints there.

Room Tip: I got the parking lot view, so ask for the Haymarket view although I can't vouch for how it look...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review as we value your opinion and take each comment to heart about what we do well and what we need to do better. We are changing our pillows during our planned renovation coming in November so I'll be anxious to have you try them again once it is completed. I apologize for the other small inconveniences you mentioned in your review. We work hard at making sure everything is in working condition in the rooms and it seems we failed to do so on this occasion. We appreciate your positive comment about the staff. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
University Park, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Spent the weekend in Lincoln and received an excellent room rate that included breakfast daily; make sure you request the free breakfast. The hotel is less than a block from the Haymarket and excellent bars and restaurants.

The hotel is dated, the rooms show their age and furniture is not attractive although wide screen HDTV was in the room. Bathrooms are very small, 2 people can't occupy the area at the same time.

Staff does keep the rooms clean and all staff were very friendly and supportive.

The front desk did advise that a hotel rehab is in the planning stages and they will have to do this since one new hotel just opened and another is under construction.

Free parking is part of the room rate but the multi-level garage has very NARROW ingress and egress. I had to 'crawl" through the turns and you can see that others weren't careful as each turn had scrapes on the wall where other cars decided to rearrange their body parts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate the kind words about the staff and I personally want to let you know we are planning an upgrade to the furniture and other soft goods starting this November. We are really excited and hope you come back and see us after it is complete.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The restaurant buffet breakfast was <$10 for all-you-can-eat bacon, sausage, eggs (cooked to order), fruit, etc. A real buffet bar, not a "continental". The staff was extremely friendly, and went out of their way to ask my name and refer to me by name. My waiter was Danny, but Andrew was also attentive, as well as others who I didn't catch their name.

Room was clean and comfortable, air conditioner was good (and I like it cold)!

Complimentary USA Today in the morning, and I sat in the restaurant after breakfast and read it end-to-end. Felt very comfortable and welcome, not like I was taking up their space or time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of city and surrounding area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business