“Nice place to stay for USARS Speed Skating Nationals”
Review of Graduate Lincoln

Graduate Lincoln
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
OLYMPIA
“Nice place to stay for USARS Speed Skating Nationals”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a reasonable place to stay during speed skating nationals. It was only about 5 blocks away, they had a free shuttle that ran us back and forth to Pershing Center and anywhere else within a 2 mile radius. There was a complimentary breakfast, and kids eat free in the restaurant. They allowed for early check in and late checkout and overall the rooms were pretty clean and up to date.

Room Tip: take advantage of the free shuttle, but know that it only runs every half hour.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I came home at midnight one night to find that my door wouldn't open. Security and the front desk couldn't get it open either, so they had to call the an engineer to get me in. They gave me a different room to stay in while I was waiting and after resting there for 1-2 hours in the middle of the night I discovered that this new room doesn't even need a key card to enter it (and they wanted me to move into that room next once I had access to my things in my original room!) I was able to get into my room later that night, around 2 am, and luckily they were able to fix my door the next day so I didn't have to move. Even with all of this all I got from the staff was a half-hearted apology. It wasn't anyone's faulty, but even so I feel like most hotels would put a little more effort into making sure their guests felt better about such an experience :(

Other than this, the rooms are clean and the bar staff is really friendly. Their managers reception on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays is nice - I wish it were every night! - and I've been happy with all the food I've had at the restaurant. The location and view are great and the workout room has some decent equipment. There could just be a bit more "hospitality" when things go wrong, especially in the middle of the night in such an inconvenient way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear zZ_y_x,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am very happy to know that our location worked for your needs and that you enjoyed our food selection. It is always motivating on our end to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the the condition of the door and the level of service you received may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Lincoln.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Breezy Point, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After our 9 hour drive to Lincoln Nebraska for a cousin's wedding, this hotel was a relief for the two of us.
We didn't have much of a view unless you like looking at the top level of the parking ramp since we were on the 3rd floor. But the room was comfortable enough with a refrigerator and a nice updated feel to an old hotel.
The Farmer's Market was right outside our door as well as many choices in ethnic cuisine. We were delighted to spend time in Lincoln.
Nice shuttle driver to haul us where we needed to go since everything was within a 12 mile radius.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: No breakfast was complimentary in our stay, but the restaurant in the complex had a wonderful menu f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel. We were glad you were able to stay with us. Next time you are here request a higher floor on either side and you will have a sensational view! We will see you on your next trip to Lincoln.
Greensboro
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was my first trip to Lincoln and I had a very nice time. The hotel, while clearly old, has been regularly renovated. It is clean and everything works. The location is perfect for anything you would want to do in Lincoln!!!! The staff were attentive and clearly cared about doing a good job. I would stay there again. It is a high rise (one of the tallest buildings in Lincoln) so some time was spent waiting for an elevator. The view from the room was worth the wait for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. Our hotel was built in 1973 but was significantly renovated about five years ago. We continually try to keep the hotel as refreshed as possible and we take great pride in the condition and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Michigan Center, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Tori & Nikki are excellent servers with great presentation abilities.
Also, Try Terwilliger, General Manager, assisted me when I had to extend my stay.
I will stay over a week here in Lincoln and the staff has contributed to a having this be an excellent visit.

Babette Welch

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BW20142014
Thank you for the kind comments on your review. We appreciate you staying with us and will always do whatever we can to make your stay pleasant. I will pass your comments along to Nikki and Tori. All of our employees like to know when they have done well in taking care of our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time.
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great location as your within walking distance of just about anything you need. Property was clean and orderly. Room was clean and quiet. Had a very good dinner and breakfast while there. Barb was a very attentive in the lounge/restaurant. Trey was also very good.
Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Terry N
Thank you so much for your recognition of our employees. They take great pride in taking care of our guests and I will certainly pass along the kind comments. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lincoln.
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Booked room through Hotwire.com so had little choice in final hotel selection. Room was musty, dated, smelled like smoke (although non-smoking room) and there were no towels in the room. My wife ended up drying herself with hand towels. Not a great experience!!! Expected far more from a Holiday Inn property!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for filling out a review. We apologize your stay wasn't up to your expectations. Your experience with the towels is something that should not happen and obviously does not happen very often. We would have been more than happy to bring towels to you. It's something we do quite a bit when guests need extra towels. Our property is scheduled to get some modern updates soon. We hope you will come give us a try again once that happens.