“Fun Visit”
Review of Graduate Lincoln

Graduate Lincoln
Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Arrived late on a Friday evening and found the downtown area full of NU students and their parents. It was graduation weekend. What fun to watch from a distance. Hotel staff found a parking location for me and then stood in the parking spot until I drove around the block. Staff could not have been nicer. Lots of celebrating in the hotel but it was never loud or out of control. Easy to sleep. On Saturday morning we watched all the people coming to graduation for miles and miles. Everyone was dressed for graduation which was at the arena. What was fun to see was a full scale Farmer's Market just outside of graduation. It was fun to see the children of corn have such a nice post graduation party at the Farmers Market.

Room Tip: Best view is on the front side of hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review. We do have a lot of things happening in our area but always try to maintain an orderly hotel. It is an exciting time in LIncoln and our staff enjoys being a part of it. We hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline, and have stayed at the hotel in the past. I am originally from the Lincoln area, so I know that this is a very established hotel, and has been in service for a good number of years.

First of all, when I book through Priceline, I do expect B or C quality rooms,and that was not... at all... the case here. The gentlemen that checked me in had a great number of questions, including "why did I have a bicycle for this visit". I explained that I was in town for a bicycle tour the next day in Ashland, and that I would be getting up pretty early to leave. So, he said, you want somewhere pretty quiet, and I replied back, "absolutely." I also explained that it was just me, and that if he needed that to fill a room because of priceline, then I would understand.

Soooooo: I was put in a King Room, at the end of the corridor, on the "executive floor" 16th floor (highest available). My room overlooked Memorial Stadium, and I even put a picture of my red and white Specialized bicycle from the window overlooking the stadium. How cool is that?

This was definitely an "A" quality room, and that was very unexpected considering the price paid. Thank you for that. The temperature in the room cooled to my expectations. The room was very modern, and has been recently updated. The fridge and microwaves are nice touches for a full-service HI. The internet speed was excellent.

Yes, you do pay $8.00 for parking, and I consider that to be acceptable for downtown Lincoln. I was too early for breakfast at checkout, but the staff did send me out with some snacks for the drive to Ashland that morning.

Everything was EXCELLENT. Huge thanks again for the Priceline deal, and I hope to stay at the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HI-Gold-Member

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Regardless of how our guests book their reservation we have the same expectation of what their stay should entail at our hotel. Although not all 231 rooms overlook Memorial Stadium, (that is a sensational view) we do believe that everyone should get a "Grade A" room. We will be going through more renovations in the near future to keep the property in excellent condition. We hope you will come back to see us.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Located within walking distance of Haymarket area. Friendly front desk personnel and nice lobby. The rooms were okay, clean but showing their age. I purchased the breakfast deal and can't say it was worth it. It was a basic buffet like you would find at any Holiday Inn Express, with the exception that they offer fresh made omelette. I would stay here again but wouldn't opt for the breakfast deal.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for Ribfest. The hotel has some of the most comfortable beds in town. Stayed on the 16th floor and the room was better than most suite's. Book early as because of its prime location it seems to always be at capacity. Enjoyed everything.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NeMarkW
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The standard rooms were very nice and included a small refrigerator and microwave. The beds had pillow tops. The plumbing drained very slowly but the water pressure was great. My only complaint is that the lovely indoor pool did not have steps to get into it. Instead it only had ladders which are difficult to get out of and easy to slip on. They had a handicap lift, but it was a big deal to get someone to come out to use it. Simple steps into the pool would have solved a lot of problems.

Room Tip: The restaurant was very good, however the food on the buffets tended to be cold. Food off of the me...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If your goal is to be in the center of the action in Lincoln, Holiday Inn Downtown fills the bill. The high rise is located adjacent to the Haymarket historic district that is filled with restaurants, bars and shops. Big Red fans can see the stadium from their hotel room window. The facility is adept at handling groups while simultaneously making everyone feel that they are receiving personalized attention. The front desk staff goes out of their way to respond to requests.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors have less traffic noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had the great good fortune to have Nikki be my server at the Holiday Inn restaurant/bar. Actually, it was 3 different times which impressed me with the extensive hours she was working. Next visit I will look for her again.

Room Tip: Ventilation system was quite loud.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business