“My cancer journey.”

Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Grand Island, Nebraska
“My cancer journey.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel is in an ideal location, situated between grocery stores, bookstore, and a shopping center. It is also close to several medical care facilities. The room was clean and quiet. I had a medical appointment due to a previous diagnosis of cancer. The hotel staff was kind enough to allow me to stay an hour over the check-out time. I am extremely grateful for this, as I live 100 miles away, and had nowhere to go prior to the appointment. (due to the nature of this appointment, I was unfit for a public encounter.) I highly recommend this hotel to anyone with a medical condition.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here on a road trip--it was clean and affordable. But not anything special.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FredHarveyB
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for recognizing our cleanliness and affordability.
We spend a lot of time insuring 'drill sergeant' cleanliness at all of our properties.
We also are happy you like the value you received.

All of our rooms have 42" flat screens, microwaves, mini refrigerators, irons and ironing boards, 24 hour coffee and cookies in the lobby, 24 hour pool, spa, and fitness room, 26 item deluxe breakfast bar, and more.

We are a very memorable stay when to compare price paid to amenities received.
Thank yuou for choosing NVI and we look forward tour next opportunity to serve you.
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We selected this hotel since it was rated so highly on Trip Advisor. We were on our way to the mountains so we just needed a nice, somewhat quiet place to bunk for the night. Hindsight, should have picked hotel closer to I80. Check-in was very slow but that can be overcome. Our bed was first floor, three rooms down from the entrance to the swimming pool. If the pool is going to be open 24/7, don't have rooms next to the pool entrance. We heard people running up and down the halls until past 2:00. Believe me, I have kids and cringe when I think of how loud we could be at times. This was ridiculous. A/C unit does not stay on all the time. When the comporessor kicks off, a slight fan stays on but not enough to drown out any noise. Bed was okay, room was clean. Light from the parking lot came through our curtains, they were a little tattered. Breakfast was just things pre-packaged. Large 42" TV was the highlight of the room- nice touch. Like many bathrooms, tile was starting to come apart. Heavy stench of smoke in the hallways but not awful inside the room. Bottom line- get a room on the top floor and start the A/C immediately. Room was extremely hot when we arrived (101 outside). Don't plan on much for continental breakfast. This whole smoking/non smoking thing is hard to avoid. Some of these things may seem small but a good night's sleep before a 12 hour drive is all I asked for.

Room Tip: Definitely grab top floor. Have not slept there but get away from the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CycloneJoe
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
I am sorry you were disappointed with parts of your stay.
Did you chose to speak with management about your issues before you checked out. We need our guests to tell us when they feel we can improve, and tell us what and where to improve. We train on issues every day trying to meet or exceed every guests expectations. When we fail, we try harder to earn your business back.
Thank you for sharing your comments.
Kansas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were in Lincoln for just one night. Staff were friendly. Our room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. It does have a mini fridge but it doesn't have a freezer compartment in it. It seemed dark in the hallways and the rooms were not sound proof. We could hear the traffic outside and people talking in the hallway. The breakfast is nothing to talk about - bagels, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, rolls and muffins individually packaged from Sams. I wanted to have toast with peanut butter on it but they only offer a jar of peanut butter that everyone uses.
Coffee was good though. My husband said he would come back for one night again but I'm not as sure about that. The price was good though and I think it would be good for a family on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for your review. We are proud of our cleanliness, amenities, and the value we are able to offer to you and our guests. I travel often to various parts of the U.S. and my lodging experiences usually do not meet the cleanliness, amenities, and value provided by The New Victorian group. As you know it is easy to pay $30 or more for a lesser experience. Often hospitality rooms in the upper echelon brands do not offer microwaves or refrigerators. For the seasoned traveller, the New Victorian is a very exceptional value. We'll see you on your next trip through our area.
Peoria IL
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We reserved two rooms & were delighted when our rooms were across the hall from each other. Refrigerator in room; usual amenities. Quick check-in. Indoor pool is small. Breakfast was typical; we wish the hotel was more eco-friendly - lots of Styrofoam. Location was good - we walked to the organic grocery store. Braeda'Fresh Express Cafe was across the main drag - 'O' Street so we drove there (had young children with us). In the AM it was a quick, easy drive to the Capitol.

Room Tip: With the a/c blower on, didn't hear much noise. Hotel isn't on a street; it's in a shopp...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for taking time to tell other travelers about your stay. Being a private brand small group of five hospitality properties, we appreciate every guest that takes time to spread the word of our cleanliness, amenities, and value. As you saw, we try very hard to meet or exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed here for four days when I was in Nebraska for genealogy. I couldn't have been happier. I paid, I think, sixty five dollars a night and the room was terrific. Comfy, cozy king-size bed, huge, flat screen tv and a fridge and microwave. I did not bring my computer, but they had one in the lobby and I was easily able to use it. The free breakfast was great. You could go the biscuit and gravy route or the healthier yogurt, banana, boiled egg one. Directly across the road was a beautiful grocery store where I bought snacks and drinks to keep in my room. I also was able to walk to my choice of several restaurants for dinner, so that I didn't have to worry about having a glass of wine. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
byron,Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2012

considering we hit omaha during the college world series when hotels were $300 a nite, this place was a godsend. clean, friendly and AVAILABLE. a little hard to find in the middle of the nite, but we'd stay again in a heartbeat if passing by this area again and needed a motel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family