“Once again, Outstanding!”

Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Hampton, Nebraska
“Once again, Outstanding!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I came back to Lincoln for surgery and once again stayed at the New Victorian Inn & Suites. I was greated by name when I walked in the door! Chris the manager was great! She asked if I needed anything special to make my stay more comfortable! After surgery, I received all the extra pillows that I needed to prop my knee up! I also spoke with Jeff the District Manager and I let him know how thankful I am for the hotel and the caring staff.

If you need to stay in Lincoln, I highly suggest you stay here. The housekeepers are very caring along with their excellent service. The breakfast is wonderful as I needed to eat at 5:30 am to take my medication. And the TV sure helps the first 24 hours after surgery!

Thanks Lincoln, I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Colorado
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Iread so many 5star reviews, but the truth was our 3 day stay. People were great, rooms were clean, including bathroom. But noise, breakfast and condition made this a better 1 night motel than a three night motel.

Room Tip: Breakfast is much better accross the street at the grocery store.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank A_CalmTraveler
Ashland, NE
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was our first stay at Victorian Inn in Lincoln but it won't be our last. From the time of our arrival until we left, my wife and I enjoyed our stay of two nights. First of all the staff were very polite, friendly and had smiles. The Hotel was easy to get to, centrally located and in a good neighborhood--good lighting and not worried about vehicle. Very clean and well kept facility with state-of-the art ammenities. Also noticed that the rooms were very quiet from both outside noise and other rooms, while also being very comfortable and relaxing--couch and coffee table nice! Definitely one of the best places we have ever stayed at. Thankyou for a great time and God Bless. James and Meri Lynn

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We came to Lincoln for a college visit and needed just an overnight place, nothing spendy. This hotel was perfect! Very clean, very polite and friendly staff and the price was just what I needed. Beds were comfortable, rooms were bright and clean, shower had great pressure and the towels were huge and soft. Great big flat screen in our room also, made it very comfortable to lay around and relax. STOP LOOKING and stay here, you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: I'd suggest top floor (3rd) rooms, and make sure you don't get the one by the ice machine...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We've been to the New Victorian Suites several times now for work events, and I've always been impressed by how friendly and outgoing the staff has been. They really do go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. The meeting space is relatively small, but it has good acoustics and there are plenty of comfortable chairs and tables available to use as needed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Harrisonville, Missouri
Reviewed 30 January 2013

As with all my reviews, I'll give the pros and cons.

PRO:
Once we found it (many have said that the place is hard to locate, and they're right) The hotel was impeccably clean, the staff was friendly and yet unobtrusive, and the room itself was all one could hope for under the circumstances. We visited the New Victorian Suites for just a single night, needing a spot to sleep and little more, we didn't avail ourselves of the pool or exercise room though the former looked very clean and well-tended (and if we hadn't been under the weather, the fact it is open 24 hours would have been wonderfully abused). The bed was large and fairly comfortable, the fridge and microwave were clean and worked well. The breakfast was amazing! There have been complaints about the biscuits being sub-par, but we ate soon as the breakfast room opened at 5 am and they were hot and fluffy and delicious. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze.

CONS:
We were both sick, so the things that were not great were probably more annoying to us than they'd be usually. The pillows were numerous, but had little in the way of shape. They were like sofa-nap pillows more than bed pillows and they felt like they had just shoved some fiberfill into a bag and sewed it shut. It made sleeping a little difficult and uncomfortable. If there was a channel guide to let you know what channel was what, we couldn't find it, and there was no way to turn the closed captioning on (something helpful when one of you is trying to sleep and one can't). Other than these two small issues, we have NO complaints about our stay.

Room Tip: If you're paying in cash, you'll still need 150 per night available on a card to check in...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evilizabeth
Shoreview, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We were recently in Lincoln Ne for an extended stay when a family member was in the hospital. The staff at the New Victorian Suites was incredibly helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate all of our needs. The rooms are clean, the wi-fi works well, and we were impressed by the large assortment of tea choices for breakfast! Overall, it's the excellent customer service that makes this hotel a great place for a family stay. The location is within walking distance to the grocery store, restaurants, and a good bookstore.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family