“Very good”

New Victorian Suites Lincoln
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We came in really late the other night and choose this because of the reviews. I felt the rooms were really outdated which I can live with but there was a terrible sewer smell in our room. We came in so late that I didn't call to change our room as I didn't want to drag everything and everyone to another room. The hallway smelled like this before we even got into the room so I didn't think it was really going to matter. You could not see out the windows. Not sure if they were filthy or they were clouded? The linens were really old and worn, especially the washcloths. They need to be replaced for sure. The staff was VERY VERY nice and the lobby was nice . My boys went down for breakfast which was there until 11am which was really great since we slept in late. The TV was nice as well as the fridge and microwave. The pool and hot tub being open 24 hours is a bonus as well. If they could just do some updating it could be a really great property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every week for the past few months and there are a lot of positives. The best part of the hotel has to be the staff. Everytime I check in I know that Kiera and Noemi will be there to greet me and welcome me like one of the family. Its always a great way to start my stay there. Outside of the staff, the rooms have a variety of bonuses which make the stay more pleasurable. Each room is equipted with a fridge, microwave, hairdryer and a 40+ inch T.V. with a handful of HD channels. In addition, this hotel has a pool, hot tub and recreation room that adds to its home away from home feeling. A great breakfast spread is the cherry on top to every stay.

Room Tip: My personal preference are rooms near the stairwells on the second and third floors. You avoid the e...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was a great visit Miss Kiera was excellent help me with any help I needed in the hotel and gave me great direction to visit places in Lincoln. The rooms were amazing. Very comfortable beds so I didn't have trouble going to sleep. Breakfast was very good and healthy. As well as a workout area. I really enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub very much needed. Just some were to relax and enjoy the water.Thanks a lot with all your service.

• Stayed March 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at the New Victorian Suites for 13 nights, while I had work being done on my house. I found the front desk staff, along with the other employees, to be very courteous and friendly.

The continental breakfast was quite surprising, as they offer a myriad of things to eat. Also most people that I spoke to were so surprised that it was served for five hours, which caters to early risers AND late sleepers. And to refute a comment that was made by another person, waffles were not the only thing that was hot. There was also sausage gravy with biscuits. The pancakes or waffles (English muffins, toast) could be heated in a double toaster, and you could put the setting however you wanted it. It would take me way too long to list the all the assortment of breakfast items that were available.

The hotel/motel is nicely decorated and is kept very clean. They have coffee and little cookies in the nicely-appointed front lobby all the time. Reading materials and the local newspapers are also available.

The New Victorian Suites not only has the indoor pool that another guest mentioned, but they have a work-out room with three different machines and a television.

As far as my room, it definitely seemed like a suite, because of the three different sections: the vanity/bathroom/closet area (bathroom has a combo shower/tub); the king-sized bed area, which included bed-side tables, a big screen TV with a microwave and a small fridge and a dresser; and the *living room* area, with a couch, a coffee table and a desk with chair. This is ideal for anyone who wants to sit at the desk and work on their computer. (free Wi-Fi )

I liked the little extras they provided, like an iron and ironing board, and hair dryer. If you forgot to pack something, the front desk has some toiletries that they can give you.

The weather was very cold when I was staying there but I was always warm because there was a heater in the room that I could set to the temperature that I wanted. The bed was comfortable to me; not too firm and not too soft.

If you will be in Lincoln, and want a nice, centrally-located place to stay that is not too expensive, I would recommend you try New Victorian Suites. Since the motel/hotel is located on one of the main east-west streets, you are close to good shopping, like Target, Barnes and Noble and the Westfield Shopping Center, which is a little further to the east. There are fast-food places, restaurants and even a newly-opened Whole Foods close by. The grocery store, which is across the street has a nice deli, too.

If I had to find something that was less-than perfect, it was this: when I stood at the vanity, I could hear the people that were on the other side of the mirror. (in the next room) I did not notice the sounds that much in the other two areas.

Room Tip: First floor, I noticed, had vending machines. I was not on the other floors to see if they had them...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We spent one night here based on it being recommended lodging through the University of Nebraska. It was a little hard to find the entrance to the parking lot. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The kids liked the pool although it was a little small. Front desk was very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast, while free, was not good. The pancakes were the frozen type that were way too over cooked upon reheating. That was the only hot item. The breakfast area is very, very small and it was too overcrowded.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Culbertson, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed at this motel before, on many occasions. I always find it very clean and welcoming. The price is extremely reasonable especially considering the good location. The front staff is friendly and welcoming. The rooms are always clean and well supplied. For breakfast one can get a variety of healthy or otherwise foods and beverages. I find the rooms very comfortable and sleep well. If one has an extended stay there some of the front desk staff recognize you and greet you with a very cheery greeting. This is extremely welcome at the end of a long, stressful day. Would always recommend this motel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family