“Great Value”

New Victorian Suites Lincoln
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I visit Lincoln twice a year to visit family. I find this hotel is centrally located within the city and easy to access. Rooms are generously sized and comfortable. The only thing I wish they had in the rooms besides the mini refrigerator and microwave is a coffee pot. Although they have coffee downstairs in the lobby and morning buffet, I would enjoy having one in the room as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for New Victorian Suites Lincoln

Reviewed 4 November 2010

I've stayed her several times & it's always a good place to be. All staff is very friendly, helpful & efficient. The price is very reasonable & check-in is so fast. Rooms are nice & roomy & I really appreciate the extra space with the couch & table. Bath rooms are very clean & beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is good. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2010

LOCATION: Perfect for visiting UNL student/granddaughter
CLEANLINESS: Rooms, halls, lobby, dining room all spotless
FRIENDLINESS: Initial greeting was indicative of the remainder of my stay! They made me feel like they were HAPPY I was their guest. I made one simple suggestion which they acted upon immediately! I'll return every year while my granddaughter is a student there.
Of course it helps that it's in such a great town ~ I'd never been to Lincoln NE and I LOVED it!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I travel to Lincoln once per year for work. I have stayed at a few other hotels on the east side of town, and New Victorian is the best choice.

On the outside, it looks like every other discount hotel in the world. However, the rooms are nicer than expected and fairly spacious.

The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean, and the breakfast is decent.

My only negative experience was that it took a long time to check in. The desk clerk was having difficulty checking in the people in front of me, and she kept having to answer the phone.

Other than that, everything went fairly well. This is not a luxurious or scenic property, but it's close to everything, spacious, and a good choice for business travelers. It also seems to be popular with football fans, as there are always many wearing Big Red shirts at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Brewbaker
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The property does not look that inviting from the outside, but the inside is quite nice. The staff was very friendly. We had a problem with the lock on our door. The problem was resolved very quickly. The bedding is very good. The king-sized bed had four pillows. Would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 19 October 2010

We booked this hotel through hotels.com and I was a little bit concerned because the pictures of it were not the nicest. However, we were pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and the room we stayed in was non smoking so we did not have the cigarette odor some other reviewers complained about. Also all the staff we encountered couldn't have been nicer and gave us restaurant and bar suggestions.

We stayed here during a Nebraska home game weekend and booked this hotel because it was the best location for the price. My only complaint is that it is a little far away from downtown so plan on having a 10 minute cab ride if you want to go out in the downtown area. However, we had friends that stayed downtown and paid 2-3 times what we paid so it was worth it in the end.

1  Thank Live2Travel06
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stay at the New Victorian Suites every 4-6 weeks when visiting in Lincoln. It is in the center of town, so is very convenient. Priced very reasonably. Very clean and up to date. Great beds. Hot Breakfast. Great Value.