“Great Customer Service as always”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersGold level
Holton, Kansas
“Great Customer Service as always”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Visited for one night (Saturday) to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our family stays every Husker Football Weekend and have for several years. We have always been treated like family at this property.
I had already spoken to Rick Mettler (Bar Manager) and arranged some fruit, dessert and other items to be waiting in our room to surprise my Wife. Rick and his trusted Assistant Manager, Allison Vaverka came through Big Time. Lovely flower arrangement, fruit tray that included chocolate covered strawberries and other snacks. Those two professionals have always went above and beyond, and are truly one of the reasons we choose this outstanding hotel.
Also have to mention another member of the Management Team; Jason Johnson, who always makes time to visit and inquire about our stay and any concerns we have.
Finally, Brooke Dahlgren at the front desk upon check out assisted us with some minor issues we had with some young, inexperienced drinkers from one of the fraternities and sororities that stayed next to us last night. She was extremely accommodating.
We stay at this hotel about 10-12 times per year and can't thank the Staff enough for always being so welcoming.
Last but not least, Nassa(sp) and the cook to order guys always go out of their way to treat us like kings.
Definitely recommend the Embassy Suites in Lincoln. Great property.
The Peven Family.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ben P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel has an awesome pool. It has spacious two room suites. They have a free breakfast that is on a buffet and they will make you french toast or omelettes as well. On the weekends, they have free alcohol from 5-7 pm.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I attended a company function at Embassy Suites and my husband and I had gotten a room for the night. We got the 2 room suite and were very pleased with it. The bed was big and comfy and there was a t.v in each room. The event in the evening was fabulous and the hotel staff did an excellent job in serving our 600+ people. The food was fantastic and the room looked so elegant. We have been there the past 2 years and are never disappointed with Embassy Suites. It comes highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Nebraska
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family has been loyal Embassy Suites / Hilton Honors members for years and are frequent travelers, that being said we probably won't return to this property. The location of this hotel is good if you're needing to be downtown or attending a UNL event as we were. However, the location can also be a negative factor as we found on this trip. The hotel is adjacent to the Haymarket area and we had people coming back from the bars between 2:00 and 3:00 am yelling across the open balcony, slamming doors and using language that my now awake children didn't need to be exposed to. The hotel should have some control over these situations and not allow such behavior to bother and wake up other guests. My parents were also staying at this hotel and had the same issue that we had. My biggest worry was the overall cleanliness of the room. Upon checking in and opening the door to our room there was a less than clean smell to the room which I just dismissed as maybe the room had been closed for a few days. I set my bag on the floor and quickly noticed a LARGE stain on the carpet near the wetbar along with stains running down the side of the bar and wall. I wasn't quite sure if someone had thrown away food in the trash can or if someone had gotten sick in the room. I notifed the front desk that I would like it cleaned. Upon returning from the game and coming back to the room, there was a distinct smell that I KNEW we weren't dealing with spilled food or drink. This along with the fact that there were still stains on the side of the bar and wall not completely cleaned, I went back to the desk asking for a new room as I was not at all comfortable with having my family stay in that room. We were able to switch rooms, but it made me question the overall cleanliness of the hotel and if something this obvious was not cleaned how well were things cleaned that we couldn't see. My parents room also had spots on the carpet outside there bathroom as well. The whole situation made be a little nervous. There are new hotels in the haymarket that I will give a try the next time we're in town hoping that they are quiet and most of all CLEAN! This experince with the room ruined what else may have been okay about the stay :(

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mom2twins0829
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Rooms good; location great for UNL activities. Club sandwich and Rubens good. Hamburgers bad -- no flavor and appeared steamed; soups strange -- avoid the onion soup. Breakfast on the lower side for Embassy Suites -- cooks stingly ration sausage and bacon for weekend breakfasts. Hampton Inn about 8 minutes away has mediocre breakfast, but runs about $50 per night cheaper. Unless you need to be downtown, use the Hampton or something else. $50 buys a lot of breakfast, and the parking is free.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

San Rafael, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I chose the Embassy Suites because of prior experience staying at the hotel, and location, in downtown Lincoln, NE adjacent to the popular Haymarket area and near to the spectacular new Pinnacle Bank Event Arena. Service provided by the Valet park was exemplary and much appreciated since it was winter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Omaha, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

1. Valet parkers were notified that both vehicles were to be parked in the front (paid extra in cash), paid for valet in cash and also gave a generous tip. However, our vehicles were still not parked in the front and my bill was charged twice for valet parking!!! Unacceptable!! 2.Your shuttle service is a joke. Was told that they would be ready for us any time, just to phone it in at the front desk. When I called to get a ride down to the Pershing Center, they informed me that the last shuttle has left for the night, but they will see what they could do and call me back. After moments later, they called and told me that they were turning around and to come downstairs immediately. We did as we were told, waited out in the cold for over 10 minutes. We asked the valet drivers the status of the shuttle and they informed that they took a wrong turn and had to turn back around. Another 10 minutes passed by and I asked the valet drivers again-just for them to tell me the same poor excuse! The pershing center is one minute away-so how in the world does it take OVER 20 minutes to turn around to get back to the hotel?!? 3. After I found out how I was being charged twice for valet parking, I spoke to a lady at the front desk (Feb 22. around 1 pm) and she explained the additional charges would be taken off. I also received a voicemail from a lady in accounting about the charges being taken off-however when I called back to explain the valet situation she never returned my call to update me of the situation. Seriously?!? 4. I was unable to connect to your wifi when I went down to your office room with the printer, after 15 minutes of trying I gave up. No one even bothered to help me either. I really have a hard time believing you are a 5 star hotel after this visit and experience with your facility and staff. Just completely unacceptable. I expect a phone call for some sort of compensation and refund of the valet charges immediately.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends