“Well done, Jason and staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersGold level
“Well done, Jason and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a great hotel with friendly helpful staff. Love staying there! Highly recommended! The hotel was completely full due to a convention going on and we were short one room. Jason Johnson was kind enough to accommodate me in one of the conference rooms, which worked out just fine!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brandon H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for such a positive review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that we have a great staff here at the Embassy Suites and I will definitely pass on your kind words to Jason and everyone else. Thank you, again, and we hope to see you if ever you're back in Lincoln! Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent stay and hospitality. Great rates when there is not any football going on. The staff and rooms exceeded our expectations.

The streets are a little confusing when trying to park, but once in the Embassy we were given a warm western greeting and evening reception by the manager.

Will be back again.

Room Tip: The corner suites are wonderful!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Embassy Suites Lincoln!. I'm glad you were pleasantly greeted upon entering the hotel. Your high accolades of our property were very kind and it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you ever make it back this way, let us know! We'd be happy to see you again.
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. What a beautiful property with first class service by front desk, valet, and breakfast staff. Clean, quiet, comfortable, and great location close to Haymarket Square and Univ of Neb campus.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your very kind words! Here at the Embassy Suites Lincoln we strive to ensure all of our guests have a great stay and I'm so happy to hear you experienced that. We truly have a fantastic staff that does genuinely care and I will be sure to let them know of your expressed appreciation. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we all hope to see you again!
McKinney, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

this is one of the best embassy suites, I trust this brand(Hilton) I stay often at these hotels all over the world. this is like family visitation, we will be back next month. look forward to this staff and management were excellent. the pool was small, but my stay was excellent get ready for me. oh! if you need some one to shop your properties call me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family visited the Embassy Suites Lincoln this week as we were attending UNL new student orientation. I chose the hotel due to the close proximity to campus. We've stayed at other Lincoln hotels for previous stays.

First, my husband and I both had to work virtually while staying at the hotel. I was completely shocked to find out from the not so friendly front desk clerk that only Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond receive free wifi. Free wifi wasn't even available in the lobby and atrium. Worse yet...I have a broken leg and find it difficult to get around. When I asked the clerk where I could find free wifi he indicated that I could walk two blocks down the street and try Starbuck. Hello!!! Do you see my broken leg? Its pretty obvious. Common courtesy and hospitality was clearly lacking. Trust me...if the clerk would have provided an upgrade to a floor that had free wifi or provided me with a guest code...this review would have paid for itself ten-fold.

Next, please fix your handicapped door. i was told that it hasn't worked for awhile.

The room was quite spacious for four of us. The beds were comfortable. Coffee pot leaked water all over the articles we had on the counter. The decor is in dire need of an update. Breakfast buffet was very good.

The valet service was excellent!! The attendants were gracious and very friendly. I tipped them well. I can't say the same for the front desk or gift shop. I called housekeeping for more pillows as there were four of us in our room. A recorded message indicated that they were closed and I needed to contact the front desk. After calling three times, the front desk finally answered and sent someone with our pillows.

I've stayed at several hotels in downtown Lincoln that were far superior to the Embassy. Its too bad because the location is great and I will be frequently staying in Lincoln.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brandon H, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review from your visit. I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered with a member of our staff. I am very disappointed that the service you received was not up to your expectations...or ours. We are known for providing exceptional service in a clean, well maintained environment. I feel awful that you experienced anything less. We know that you have many options in the Lincoln area for accommodations and are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us - it is certainly my hope that we become your choice home away from home in town. Please don't forget us next time you plan to visit the community, and don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further service to you!
brookings, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

gray staff and food service, staked there for the weekend and my wife and I loved the environment, for sure will be back as soon as we have a chance. location is excellent specially if you going to Lincoln to watch NE football, you literally can war to the stadium

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brandon H, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review and your recommendation! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the rest of your trip went well. Let us know if you're ever in the area again and we'd be glad to help you set up a new reservation.
McLean Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had to travel unexpectedly to Lincoln at the last minute and wound up in three Hilton properties over 3 nights since the city was overbooked for a big event.. The whole time, I had been looking forward to the last night at the Embassy Suites, since it was adjacent to the event we were attending. It turned out to be the most expensive and the worst of the three hotels by far.
The "front desk" is an odd series of pods that doesn't even look like a registration desk, and was manned (empty sometimes though) by some of the most unfriendly and unhelpful hotel workers I've ever encountered, most notably the man who seems to be the main clerk. He was inflexible at every turn. I felt nickeled and dimed from the minute we walked in: expensive parking, paying $3+ for water bottles (they were free at the other Hilton properties because we belong to Hilton Honors), and $10 per device for wifi. After finally succumbing and paying for the wifi (even though their Embassy Suites webpage claimed that AT&T subscribers should have been able to get it for free---not so), I learned that pretty much everyone in the bar and lobby was sharing a wifi password to the point that an entire school group was shouting it in the hall. Why would you charge for this anyway? The room was already costing more than $200 with taxes.
The breakfast was bare bones and was being swept away by 9:00, when most of the kids attending the nearby event were just getting up. There were a few scrambled eggs left, but nothing else that looked appetizing (and I'm not that fussy) The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable, but the room was noisy all night.
Worst of all, when it was time to leave, I checked out of the room on time but just needed a couple of more minutes to finish some event business and take care of a sick child before getting my car out of the garage where I had prepaid for my stay and had not even been there 24 hours. But Mr. Officious at the "front desk" said no way could I linger however briefly at the parking lot....that I had to be out of the garage immediately upon checkout. I rushed my sick child to the car and cleared the lot at 12:03, but I fully expect this hotel to charge me for an extra day's parking, that's how cheapskate they seem to be. I will be returning to this event every year, but will advise our whole group to rethink staying at this hotel. They didn't realize that much better treatment (and prices) can be found just a block or so away. What a disappointment to encounter a hotel worker at the Embassy Suites who made a stressful situation so much worse, and who did not seem to care one bit about helping a guest. Instead he made me feel like we were trying to scam the hotel for the extra 10 minutes we wanted to get my daughter and her belongings into the car.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank cybelor
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit. I feel awful that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel and that we did not do a better job of communicating with you during and after your visit. I can promise you that providing our guests with great service, and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests is a top priority. Obviously we committed a series of mistakes in your case and for that I am sincerely sorry.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our entire service team. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience. You may email me at Brandon.hile@jqh.com