“Excellent Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 April 2007

As others have noted, this hotel has some of the finest staff of any Embassy Suites anywhere. I stopped here on a cross country trip for an overnight and was really tempted to stay another night but home beckoned.

From parking through check in to breakfast the next morning, everyone was pleasant, efficient and extremely helpful. If a question could not be answered by the person I was speaking to, someone else was almost immediately available with the right response. I have stayed at 5 star hotels in the US and Europe who could not match the staff at this Embassy Suites.

The rooms and public areas were first class and spotless. Furnishings were modern and well done. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sitting area seating was as well. The bath was large and spacious with sufficient toiletries and linens.

All in all this is a excellent base of operations in Lincoln. It is centrally located in downtown with many restaurants and other establishments within a short walk. With a couple of blocks there is a large Husker Nation sporting goods and clothing store for those of the Big Red persuasion.

As I travel back and forth from Ohio to Colorado twice each year, I have switched my route from I-70 to I-80 to take advantage of this excellent stopover.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank skibuff

Reviewed 2 January 2007

We reserved 6 rooms for the 23& 24 of December. Upon arrival we were greeted by smiling faces,very clean rooms, and a exquisite decor in the hotel. The free cooked to order breakfast and buffet was the best we have ever had at a hotel. We had 18 in our party and everyone raved about the service,food,and free drinks at the managers reception. kudos to you embassy suites.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank googoos
Reviewed 5 September 2006

This wsa a great hotel. Very clean, quite, and relaxing. Excellent staff.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 25 August 2006

This hotel was outstanding, exceeded all expectations, staff extremely friendly, great suite rooms, free breakfast (very nice), great business center. I will definately come back and stay here.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank repsjohnso
Reviewed 27 March 2006

Took the kids down for a little getaway and was very pleased! The Managers Reception and the Breakfasts were wonderful! Especially the breakfast, if you walk away hungry it is your own fault. The room was nice and clean, the beds were very comfy! The mini fridge and microwave are nice, especially for an extended stay. Downside, we were there with the entire Kansas State Baseball team, and a chiropractic convention. Not that they were bad, but it was really busy and the pool was full of people, mainly kids. Would recommend checking about conventions and such prior to booking, it is a nice hotel and is obviously a great place for conventions.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank Stacky
A TripAdvisor Member
Brandon, SD
Reviewed 20 February 2006

This is by far the best hotel in Lincoln, maybe in all of Nebraska. It's right by the UNL campus, so if your there to visit a family member in college like I was you, it's the perfect location. It's also in the center of a fantastic downtown, with shops and restuarants that you can walk to without hassle. A parking garage is connected to the hotel by a cat walk, so if you don't want to pay for valet parking you have another affordable solution. Starting at 7 pm (I believe) there are free drinks you can get with tickets that you recieve when you check in. As I said before I was there with family to visit my brother, and we were given more than enough tickets for not only us but also my brother's girlfriend and then extras that we gave to my brother to bring his friends sometime. There is a very large complimentary breafkast with many different foods that will be sure to fill you up. We requested an extra breakfast ticket so my brother's girlfriend may join us, and they happily complied. Such friendly service! Even though the last time I stayed the hotel seemed perfect, I went there this past week and found new carpeting - so I am sure that you will rarely if ever be dissapointed by weary decor. Even with workers putting in new tile at one end of the lobby, we were completely undisturbed. The rooms are generally very good at keeping noise under control. The one time our neighbors were horribly loud we called the front desk and it was taken care of immediatly. There is a large indoor pool, a work out room, game room, and modest gift shop in the hotel. The rooms are large, offering a living room with table, chairs, sleeper couch, refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker and the bathrooms are always clean and the bedrooms are spacious and include their own tv. Embassy Suites is a wonderful hotel and you may find you never wish to leave.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 September 2005

Undoubtedly, the best hotel in Lincoln and the midwest. I noticed in their lobby that this hotel has been an award winning property since they opened, including a #1 ranking of all Embassy Suites Hotels worldwide! I'm not surprised. The owner of this property and it's management team, clearly recognize what it takes to run a hotel. Hands down one of the best hotels you will find in the country and a great value for what you receive.

• Stayed: September 2005