“Tame Your Expectation”

Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Chicago, Illinois
“Tame Your Expectation”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel offers value. It has free full breakfast, free internet connection, a swimming pool, and a flat screen TV. But the hotel is a little dated. The room is small and could use a little more modern touch (carpeting and bedding). The hallway could use a little more character. The hotel location is behind a strip mall but parking is abundant. Get up early for breakfast or you might find yourself standing. Pool water was cold but you will quickly get use to it. Watch your stuff people took our bath towels when we were swimming. But the front desk staff gave us a few warm ones right out of the dryer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ilovemanu_1999
Diana P, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review. We have some exciting new items coming in 2012 including, new guest room beds, guest room charging stations, and new lobby decor! In fact, our new beds will be here in less than 2 weeks! Stay tunned and thanks again for the great review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kenya
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My family spent a night here in a suite that we booked on Priceline; the room was large, clean, and comfortable, and the location couldn't be beat. Friendly staff and a pretty standard breakfast for a hotel of this caliber... I'd absolutely stay here again when traveling through.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Diana P, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms are bigger than the average hotel room. If you need space to spread out, we are definitely the right choice for you. We look forward to your next visit to Lincoln!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have stayed at many of the Choice Hotels around the country and this one is great. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the pool was warm, and the breakfast was pretty good too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Diana P, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you so much for the review! We will see you next time you are in Lincoln.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I checked into this location and stayed 5 days. Since I travel 6 months out of the year, I can say with total confidence, this is one of the best stays I have ever had. Every interaction I had with any member of the staff was warm, friendly, and professional. They met my every need with a sense of urgency. Smiling face abounded. I was made to feel I was the only guest they had, when the hotel was fully booked. This is the place I will return, if I find myself anywhere close to Lincoln, NE.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We love seeing our return guests as well! They tell us we are their home away from home. Look for us to have brand new beds in the next few months as well. We consider our returning guests as family, and look forward to seeing part of the family back again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had a long drive and stopped here for a day off to rest and run some errands. The location of the hotel is great. It was near places to eat and shop. They had a hotel shuttle that took me to some places a little further away that wasn't walking distance. Their driver Sonny was very helpful. The hotel rooms were nice and comfy. They kept their hotel clean and the staff was friendly. They really cared that we had a nice stay. I am keeping them in my rolodex so that I stop there again since I travel all over the world and need a great place to stay, have fun, and take care of business while traveling.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the nice comments! We do provide a very convenient location off on I-80 next shopping and numerous excellent nearby restaurants.
NH
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Extremely clean, spacious,and quiet with very friendly service. Well appointed room, furniture in good shape. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was generous and not served in a microwavable packet. And the BEST CUP OF COFFEE I have had outside on Starbucks travelling through 9 states! (Go for the bold blend.) Across the street from a big Walmart, convenient for stocking the big fridge. It was an easy half hour from CUNE, which I was visiting so I did not mind the commute. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Nienna
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Another trip to the dirt track sprint car races. And another stay at Comfort. Great staff, great beds and furnishings, great breakfast and was a great meeting place for many of the racers, crews, media. Closest nice motel to the track in Eagle. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Closest nice hotel to Eagle Raceway.