“Clean new rooms.”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Renovated rooms are very nice and spacious. Breakfast is complete and good. Had a waffle and coffee. The first waffle was dry and the lady working made me another one without me even asking. Good customer service. Would highly recommend. Only spent one night but very impressed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites University

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here one night as we had to catch an amtrak train at 3:30am. We did not therefore have the breakfast so can't comment on it.

The communal areas were a little bit shabby (lobby and corridors); however the room was fantastic. This is the best room (215) that we have stayed in in hotels in that price bracket. The bed was comfortable and the room was comfortable, well decorated, and included everything we needed.

I will definitely now be considering Comfort Suites when I make my next rip to the United States.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites over a weekend and it was a pleasant experience. Rooms were nice sized and clean. The bathroom was clean and spacious also. The lobby area is small but there is a decent sized area for breakfast, etc. Overall, nice place to stay in Lincoln with no surprises.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for a recent trip for our a Special Olympics team. The hotel was very clean and the staff was overly nice. The breakfast was good and they even had snacks in lobby every night. Very nice place to stay....

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear John L,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Lincoln. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff. It was a pleasure hosting your Special Olympics team, and we would love to have you come visit us anytime you are in town.

Kind thanks,
Bryan G.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed in Room 113 and I assume by other reviews, other rooms must be better then the one we stayed in.
Here's my list:
1) Requested a non smoking room - email said all rooms non-smoking - Room 113 had been a smoking room recently. Gross! Staff sprayed perfumed deodorizer twice which left the room smelling like perfumed stale smoke. Made our stay miserable.
2) Tub was reversed from normal and had to get in under the shower spray. Back end was next to the toilet.
3) Shower occasionally screeched.
4) Room had HBO but channel was snowy.
5) Internet was OK but very slow at times.
6) Room coffee was not good so got coffee from breakfast room. Housekeeping never emptied and cleaned coffee pot.
7) The ice bucket was never emptied, cleaned, or had a bag replacement.
8) Soap was in plastic wrap but had to use teeth to open. I describe the soap as slivers of soap.
Very disappointing stay.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Sharon B,
Thank you for your review. Without feedback like yours we would not know in which areas we need to improve. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at my hotel. Our entire hotel is smoke free. Unfortunately, some people do not adhere to that policy and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind the next time you are in Lincoln.

Bryan G.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night during football season. We were in Lincoln for a wedding and didn't book in the block reserved by the bride in a different hotel. BOY AM I GLAD!!! After hearing from others about the condition of their rooms, we had a much better stay! Super spacious rooms, we booked two but could have gotten by with one! Good breakfast, clean rooms and great staff! Would defiantly stay here again. Only negative was the price, but all hotels in Lincoln on game day are pricey! It wasn't their fault the bride decided to get married on a game day!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was a great hotel! I don't stay in hotels often but this is by far one of the best I've stayed in. The staff was out of this world. I got friendly smiles from everyone. Pam was a wonderful housekeeper, as was Jesse and Genny. I was greeted by a new front desk attendent everyday and they were all amazing. Christina was very helpful in getting me into a room. Gwen was very friendly. There are plenty of places to eat near the hotel and in walking distance. There is also a Wal-Mart across the street in case you feel like just staying in or forgot something. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple