“Great range, great fun”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Hambridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Well stocked shop for all your shooting needs, always acknowledged by very friendly & helpful staff. The range has 2 wind free lanes where targets can be set at various distances & 10 pinking lanes with various targets. If your going to be a regular visitor, as we are, it's worth joining the club at £35 for the year as this greatly reduces the range fees & includes free gas top ups. All in all an excellent venue.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Toyed with the idea for a while, and used youtube extensively to prepare and to get the best out of the experience. As a beginner, I would definitely advise some research beforehand so that you don't waste time and pellets. Also you won't miss as often and will not end up getting frustrated. My first 10 shots at 25m were in a group less than 20mm wide, and then got progressively tighter. This was using the cover shooting lane.

The 2 hours I spent there flew by, and I would gladly have stayed longer. It's an hour and a quarter drive from home in Minehead, but I will certainly be returning soon. I may even join their club, cheap at £35 per year.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

the range and the shop are separated with no signage however it was quickly found on the small estate. the shop and instructors were friendly and helpful. the range instructor showed us all how to load the senior and junior gun and made sure we were happy with everything before letting us give it a go on our own. three of us shared two lanes which felt right as you were not bored but not getting tired of shooting. the target system is really good as you hit another target lower down to reset so you never go onto the range. we preferred the open ranges with metal targets to the wind free lanes with paper but this was personal preference. overall a very friendly, clean and safe place to experience air weapons.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

It's my sons 14th today and thought I'd treat him and a mate to something different and give shooting on a range a go.

We were a bit nervous as we've never done anything like this before.

From the moment I call to book, they looked after us. Explained everything that would happen and how it all worked.

When we turned up we hired the rifles and took them across to the range where we were taken through a safety briefing and a demonstration and then we were left alone to our own accord. We booked in for an hour and they didn't click watch.

The boys really really enjoyed it, playing a competition between each other and being competitive boys.

We will be coming back for more, for sure we enjoyed it that much.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 August 2017

WE found a leaflet for the Rifleman Firearms range at our holiday site and after being begged by our teenage boys decided to pay a visit that afternoon.
The site is a little out in the sticks north of Illminster, but the satnav code is accurate.
The Rifleman shop is full of air rifles, pistols and shotguns, so heaven for our boys to look round.
We booked a 1 hour session on the range which cost £25 and they allowed the boys to share a rifle and pellets which was perfect, as an hour each would have been expensive and probably too long.
The range guide was very polite and helpful and showed clearly how to load, aim and fire the rifle. He then left them to it on the range with me acting as the responsible adult, keeping an eye on them.
A great experience for both adults, teenagers and younger children alike (kids from 8 years up can use the range) and my two are now very keen to take up shooting more seriously.

1  Thank Catherine A