“Down Home BBQ”

Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in McCook
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Down Home BBQ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Only true BBQ place in tow. My favorite is the stuffed baked potato with shredded beef. The potato is huge so you won't leave hungry. A little expensive but a value for the food you get. Has wall mounts of animals so if eating and staring at them don't bother you, then this is the place....I prefer take out.

Northglenn
“Lots of food”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great choices on the menu. Lots of food. My wife and I both took part of our meal in a to go box and had it for another meal!

Visited April 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Southern BBQ (Southern Nebraska!!)”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Passing through town for work, I stopped just to see. Was wonderfully surprised!
Small town, homey atmosphere. Many taxidermy animals and a bearskin on the wall.
Full of locals on a Wednesday night.
My brisket was butter - tender!!! A reall delight to enjoy! The sauce was nice, tangy.
Service was simple but very effecient.

I don't get out this way too often, but next time I will hunt them down!!

• Visited December 2013
McCook, Nebraska
“Definitely not Texas BBQ”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Received the worst "pulled pork" sandwich I have ever experienced. I hope the meat on the bun included chicken, beef and perhaps Chorizo? Otherwise it is plain scary to think about, as it was not all pork. Service was friendly, atmosphere was good for BBQ joint, but sadly the food was simply terrible.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Uther P
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Passing through, we were looking for a place to stop to eat and we were not disappointed. The BBQ was very good, the serving sizes were large and there was a good selection of entrees at a reasonable price. Plus they had Bull Fries, i.e. Rocky Mountain Oysters

• Visited July 2013