“OUR OWN 'DISCOVERY'”

Missouri River Basin Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We got in the car on Memorial Day afternoon with no destination in mind. Stumbled across this hidden gem, it has 3 floors of exhibits, artifacts and documents, laid out very well and a 30 minute informative film that was wonderful. I wish I had written down the name of the gentleman that greeted us, he was great...friendly and informative and welcoming. Also offers all kinds of trails, one ends at a replica of an earthen lodge, the other with a spectacular view of the Mighty Mo. We would recommend this to anyone, we spent a very enjoyable couple of hours here. Note they also have picnic area and a peaceful little patio overlooking the river. Wonderful staff, wonderful place!
Tom & Susan Egr
Omaha NE

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It isn't real big, but has a lot of great information. It only took us about an hour to go through, although I'm sure we could have stretched it out a little more as we don't tend to read everything or interact with the interactive exhibits. We also hiked to the earthen hut & the Missouri River overlook.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Although I understand there is a much larger Lewis and Clark museum near Soux City, this is a nice little museum that highlights the wildlife that the discovery team found. It also highlights the type of vessels the crew used to complete their trip. A nearly full sized replica of their main barge is in front of the building. Inside, another full size replica boat is available for viewing. The final replica vessels are located in the basement display room. There are also a number of full size animals on display that one may photograph.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Very educational. Ask questions while you're there. The staff is very helpful and full of great information. Great place to take elementary school kids who are learning about American History.

1  Thank NETourismGuru
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My 10 year old son and I took a day trip to NE City with this being our first stop and it was great! We went on a lewis and clark anniversary weekend much to our delight - there were many stops in which we were able to interact with volunteers in period costumes. They let me son shoot a black powder gun, throw a tomahawk and play pioneer type games. We learned about companion "three sisters" gardening, the grass/mud homes of the Indiana and walked many of the wonderful trails. It was 6 months ago and my son still talks about it. Well worth the stop.

1  Thank Jill S

Travellers who viewed Missouri River Basin Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center also viewed

Been to Missouri River Basin Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center? Share your experiences!