“Nice Place and Great Staff”
Review of Deluxe Inn

Deluxe Inn
Deluxe Inn
charleston
“Nice Place and Great Staff”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We were coming thru mid evening and tired did not have a reserv at this hotel but was still a day away from where we were going so we stopped here and they had a room...The room was nice and clean , The staff was very gracious in assisting us with different restauraunts in the close area.The price was very reasonable and we stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the sights and atmosphere that the area had to offer.Will stay again in this Inn as it is on our way to most of the places we go.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lower level and it was very quiet not alot of noise at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarena w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here two nights. The room is small but has a good size fridge and microwave. They both worked great as did the AC unit. The towels were a bit on the skimpy side, but this is no surprise for a motel in this price range and extras were graciously given upon our request. The beds were comfortable and the mattresses clean. There is a large television (not flat panel). However, most channels were fuzzy and the audio was the same. There is free Wi-Fi and although slow, it did work fine. The bathroom was small and dated, but manageable. It was a bit annoying that the bathroom fan came on every time you turned on the bathroom light. Having the option of the fan not being on all the time would have been nice as it was annoying to anyone trying to sleep. Not to mention it did not provide enough light in the toilet area.

The check in and checkout was easy. This hotel is a two story building and does not have an elevator. The staff at this motel is VERY friendly and accommodating. The family that owns it was super sweet and welcoming. The cleaning staff was also very nice.

The motel was sold out the nights we were there. However, we had booked more than a week out in advance and the lower level room we requested was waiting for us upon the 3:00 p.m. check in time. There is plenty of parking and the lot is well lit. It felt like a safe area of town.

Although I would not call the rooms “dirty”, they could have used a good deep cleaning…crevice tool, wipe down the walls near the sink and in the bathroom area (something yellow and funky splashed on the walls), wipe down the remote control, microwave cleaned out, light switches wiped down and there was dust coating the clothes hanger area. I’d have to admit that I witnessed the cleaning staff clean a room in about 10 minutes after someone’s check out. I think that if about two to three times this amount of time was spent and more attention to detail as well as applying more "elbow grease", the rooms could be much cleaner. I hate to scrutinize their work as they were all so darn nice- but the rooms could have been cleaner.

Although a non smoking motel, we could all smell the faint smell of cigarette smoke throughout the motel and the multiple cigarette burns on both the bedspreads in our room was proof of the lingering odor. If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, this may be an issue of concern. Ironically, given the cigarette burns in the linens, the smoke detector in our room was hanging by its wires from the ceiling. Not even sure if there was a battery in it, but it was in obvious need of repair. Again, this is a housekeeping issue that could be addressed when more time is spent on the rooms. I noticed a recent review mentioned fleas. We never had an issue with this and never saw any bugs of any type (I scrutinize the mattress in any hotel we stay in and ours was bug free), although I'm sure each room is different.

There is a minimal breakfast offered…. Cold cereal, frozen waffles, toast, honey buns, Sunny Delight, milk and very weak coffee. Although the option of breakfast was available, I would not recommend booking this motel based on this amenity. It was adequate for our needs, but likely the selection would be very disappointing for most.

This motel was sold out during the time we were there. It met our needs. However, for nearly the same price the Best Western down the street offers larger rooms, a much better breakfast and a pool and hot tub (I know as we usually stay there). You need to book the Best Western very early as this is the choice place in town to stay (other than the luxury and expensive Lied Lodge). However, if the Best Western is full- the Deluxe Inn will meet your needs. It’s not the Ritz Carlton, but it does offer a super friendly staff and that counts for a lot.

Safe Travels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tempe, Az.
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I recently returned from a stay at the Deluxe Inn and sadly, my body is covered completely with red flea bites. I was suspicious when checking in but after waking up with 50+ bites I was amazed. This place is a toilet. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay at the Deluxe Inn, as this is a disgusting memory from my time passing thru Nebraska City!! Staying in your car will be safer!
I travel for a living and have never experienced anything like this. This should never happen top anyone. Save your $$ or drive further but I wanted to warn future travelers to avoid this very unpleasant situation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ken S

Travellers are raving about these Nebraska City hotels

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here while visiting our son who is a student at Peru State College. The room and the hotel were very clean. The owners are VERY nice, and the hotel was well maintained. The morning coffee was very good. The price was very affordable. We will stay here again!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue O
Chattanooga
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I spent one night here and it was okay but I'm sure I could have done better or driven a little further to get a nicer place.
The room was on the small side and very dark. It and the bathroom were clean though dated.
The continental breakfast was very limited-a box of donuts, coffee, a gallon of milk, and a gallon of Sunny Delight.
The front desk staff was very friendly.
The worse thing to me was that the next day when I opened my suitcase every thing smelled very musty. This was the beginning of the trip and all my clothes smelled horrible. There is a moisture problem that needs to be fixed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank beckyfromtennessee
Timnath, Colorado
Reviewed 22 January 2009

The rooms are comfortable and very clean. It's not in the greatest location (behind a truckstop), but it's not noisy. The breakfast is standard for a Days Inn. The dining area was well supplied and checked often. The desk clerks were friendly and efficient. The wireless Internet worked fine. The price is right on this hotel. If you are just looking for a clean place to spend the night at a good value, this is a good one. We've stayed here 3 or 4 times in the past couple of years. The truckstop gives 5% off a gas purchase with a hotel receipt. Pay inside, not with a credit card at the pump.

• Liked — good value
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mason City, NE
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I booked online, and I would have just passed this one by if I had not. From the outside it's not all that attractive, however the inside was a pleasant surprise. It was clean, nice decor and the room was sufficient for our overnighter on the way to Orlando. The weak continental breakfast was only coffee, Sunny Delight, glazed donuts and toast, however.

• Liked — Quiet and clean
  • Disliked — The breakfast offerings
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Percival
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#2 of 4 in Nebraska City

Been to Deluxe Inn? Share your experiences!