“Nice Save”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ogallala
Laporte, Colorado
“Nice Save”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had stayed at this hotel the week before and had a room in which the shower had not been cleaned. When I received an email asking how my stay had been I indicated my disappointment. I received an immediate email from Jillian the General Manager. She checked into the situation and came back with an apology and offer to make things right. Turned out I needed to be traveling through Ogallala again and she personally set me up with a room. I enjoyed having the free breakfast at the Denny's located next door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here some years ago during a trip to Omaha and decided to try it again. It has been "spruced up" a lot and I have to say I was quite pleased with the property. The Front Desk staff was totally pleasant and very helpful. In addition, the restaurant is now a Denny's and, while Denny's is Denny's, it is much improved also.

Room was very clean. It was located in the "rear" building and, while some traffic noise could be heard, it allowed for easy drive up, parking, and unloading of the car.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Since this property is located convenient to an off-ramp I would make reservations in advance and if...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

ft collins co
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have say the the Quality Inn has been one of best hotel I've ever stayed at. Service was amazing.. the manager helped us with everything we needed. Total accommodation was received. I can't thank the staff enough. I hope more guests get a chance to enjoy such a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had a drive up room which was very convenient unloading luggage. Check in was nice and smooth. My room was very clean. Enjoyed my breakfast at the attached Dennys. I would recommend staying here. Front desk staff did wonderful accommodating me.

Room Tip: First floor drive up room I am handicapped and the front desk staff was very helpful. They helped w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were great! Front Desk clerk she was very helpful in giving directions. I recommend the Ogallala Quality inn. I would most definitely stay there again. They went above my expectations.

• Stayed May 2014
JJHI, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to Ogallala! I'm so happy our guest service agents were able to assist you. We wish you many safe travels and hope to see you again the next time you're in Ogallala.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our room was clean, odor and bug free. 2 free drinks and 2 free breakfasts were included in the price. I thought the price was very fair for what we received. Now, for the amazing part: I have a single false tooth which slipped out of my fingers and went done the drain. I was able to remove the trap but it had hung up on the stopper mechanism. I called the front desk, they in turn called a maintenance man to come to my room. In a matter of 2-3 minutes he had my tooth. I thanked him and offered to pay him but he refused. ONLY IN SMALL TOWN AMERICA. The Quality Inn Ogallala will definitely get my business again. Only drawback I could see was all rooms have outside entrances.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

JJHI, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am so glad you had a great experience during your stay, and that Patrick was able to help you recover your tooth. I know I would have been stressed in that situation. We wish you many safe travels and hope to see you again the next time you're in Ogallala.
Modesto, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bathrooms were dirty! Bedspreads looked nasty! Room had a bad odor! Fleas, Ticks, or some kind of bugs!!!
I will never stay at a Quality INN again! Something gave me a rash in this place, I actually felt something bite my leg. Had to get out of bed at 3:30 AM to shower and we checked out less than an hour later. Don't stay here!!! It's a waste of your money! (By the way we had checked in after 10pm, after hours on the road, hoping to get a good nights rest and a nice warm shower. YEAH WELL, that didn't happen) Disappointed

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

JJHI, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I always like to research what happened when a guest reports a problem with their stay. I have looked through our reservation system and we only have one Michelle who has stayed with us, and she's a corporate guest who stays with us weekly. Was your reservation made under another name?

We have never had a guest report an experience as bad as you have stated. We're not perfect, and have made mistakes. For example, a few recent reviews have mentioned issues with housekeeping. As summer business has picked up we have hired some new housekeepers who are still in the certification process. In order to assist them with their training, and make sure all of our guests have a quality experience, we now have a room inspector scheduled seven days a week, to make sure each room is cleaned to the highest standard.

I would appreciate an email from you with more information about your stay so I can find out what happened and make sure this type of experience never happens again. My email address is jill@qualityinnogallala.com.

Travellers are raving about these Ogallala hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Travelodge Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 8 in Ogallala
Holiday Inn Express Ogallala

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!