“Fantastic Food but service needs improvement”
Review of Mi Ranchito

Mi Ranchito
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Ogallala
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Needs to be on your restaurant list. A great local place to eat. Not a chain restaurant. Family owned. Great authentic mexican food. Great service as well.
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend the food! May be best I ever had! BUT. They need to teach all staff to help the waitress if she is busy and she was. We had to ask for water and then when we finally got our drinks my husband asked for a glass to poor his beer in and finally had to get up to ask someone else at the front desk who was not busy Waitress was busy and could have asked someone to help her for those type of things.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The waitress was real sweet. The food was nothing special. The green chili lacked spice. The only plus for me is that they give you your own little bottle of salsa for self serve.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Ok we stopped by on our way to colorado from Iowa. I think we are spoiled in Iowa with excellent fresh Mexican food at a fair price. This establishment pales in comparison. There is no queso.. There is a "cheese dip" and it clearly is a cheese product out of a big bucket from some whole sale house. Service was middle of the road. Don't even ask me about the salsa... It was WAAAY heavy on chili powder in a tomato paste... Not tasty at all. Keep on driving if you are craving Mexican!! NO BUENO!!!

1  Thank DoDoc
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My first time in Ogallala and I was hoping to have dinner at someplace other than a Denny's. The desk clerk at the hotel suggested Mi Ranchito for Mexican food. We arrived for an early dinner into a restaurant filled with the aromas of chile and warm tortillas. We began with the first of a couple of tasty margaritas. Starting with cheese dip that was a little runny but so tasty on warm flour tortillas. I ordered a combo plate of enchilada, relleno and taco with rice and beans. WONDERFUL! Ending the dinner with a couple of fluffy sopapillas couldn't be helped. If it weren't an almost 4 hour drive, I would eat there once a week. I will always stop at Mi Ranchito to dine in the future.

1  Thank VictorVDenver
Reviewed 20 September 2013

After being on the road driving for several hours we came upon Mi Ranchito. We stopped here on a whim and found ourselves happily surprised. The food selection was quite large with a nice vegeterian selection. The restaurant had a nice, bright and fun atmosphere. The food came quickly and the chips and salsa was good and spicy. I ordered the steak taco el carbon. The guacamole that accompanied the tacos was delicious. The presentation was nice but the food was the real star. My wife ordered a combination plate including a chile relleno and a enchilada. It was all quite delicious. Far and away the best place I have ever eaten in Nebraska.

2  Thank Justin B

Been to Mi Ranchito? Share your experiences!