“Great for price...”
Review of Super 8 Ogallala

Super 8 Ogallala
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ogallala
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Clean yes. Friendly yes. Safe yes. Cheap yes. My boys played catch in courtyard which was GREAT. Walls were a little thin, and we needed a couple more pillows, but we didn't t ask. Would stay again with my family.

I think Trip Advisor should put on their review something about the area around hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mizb29
Ida D, General Manager at Super 8 Ogallala, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi Thank You for the Nice review, we here at Ogallala Super 8 are glad you had a Great Stay.
We would have let you have a few extra pillows if you had called the front desk. Hopefully we see you again and feel free to ask if you need anything. We try to provide great service and friendly smiles. Have a Great Day!

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Ogallala

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Tub was not clean, had someone hair in it. Hair was stuck to some kind of strip in bottom of tub so couldn't be washed out. Rest of room seemed clean enough. Staff friendly
Didn't eat breakfast as we let kids sleep late and breakfast ends at 0900. Two queens were about $97. Seems a bit over priced for super 8 but may be the area.
Would stay again if in the area

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Neonatal Nurse M
Ida D, General Manager at Super 8 Ogallala, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank You for the review. I will have Housekeeping take a better look in the tub for hair. I am sorry you missed breakfast we would have gladly given you some Simply Super Cinnamon rolls to take on the road or an apple or yogurt. We hope that you stop again and Have Safe Travels.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stopped here after being on the road all day. Very inexpensive compared to what else is in the area. Remember though you get what you pay for. No elevator, no alarm clock, and an uncomfortable bed. What you do get though is the most quiet motel I have ever stayed in and maybe the most friendly staff. Breakfast was comparable to any other motel breakfast except the lady working the breakfast area was awesome! All tables were cleaned and items refilled as soon as needed. She was very friendly and made sure everyone had what they wanted. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorri L

Hi Thank you for your review I am sorry that you did not have a clock in the room we do provide them. I will have Housekeeping double check that they are in every room. I am glad that our staff is very friendly and helpful. We are very happy to provide great service to all our guest and hope that they have a great sleep and a Super Start Breakfast in the morning. We will be looking forward to seeing you again. Have a Great Day!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love to stay at this Super 8. Staff, especially Derek and breakfast room lady, go out of their way to meet your needs. Rooms are clean, reasonably priced, I stay here at least once a year on my way to Estes Park, Colorado. I love the waffles! I have stayed at other Ogallala hotels, and this is the best.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Was ovepirced, but comparble priced for the area, would suggest staying in another nearby town, we used this for a trveling overnght stay. To start one of the key cards did not work, one of the two access door to our room did not work, it was soon fixed and a believed house keepr or staff, took charge to bring a new key and report to non funtional door. The hot tub was not hot, more like a warm bath. After travelling seerl hours it would have been nice to have a HOT tub and strong jets ! Water was clean. Hvac did not work right away. I had to mess witn some buttons on the plug or gfci thing or something. I guess the room was clean? 80 dated decor ? Was accomodated with door close to entry point for disabed person. Room was not accessable but not sure we actually asked for one? Coffe, fridge, popcorn provided...there were not a lot of people there either? Asked when leaving early AM if there was anything we could take along and they said nothing was ready till 6 am, couild at least handed us a donut or something, lacking accomodation.....coffee, ice, water machine appeared to be 24 hrs, I just dont have any opinion about this place, would not be on my list to rerturn, but would stay there if I had to !

Room Tip: Was accomodated with easy access room when asked
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Ida D, General Manager at Super 8 Ogallala, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hot tub was horrible. Way to much chemicals my legs still have a chemical burn. Otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Ida D, General Manager at Super 8 Ogallala, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank You for your review, we do test our hot tub 3 times a day and if the chemicals are off we try to fix it. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I am glad the rest of your stay was nice.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Quality Inn
#1 of 10 in Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 10 in Ogallala

Been to Super 8 Ogallala? Share your experiences!