“The went out of the way to help, honest people”
Review of Super 8 Ogallala

Super 8 Ogallala
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ogallala
“The went out of the way to help, honest people”
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We stopped for the night at Super 8 on our way home from Yellowstone / Grand Tetons. The room was basic and clean. Good for a overnight stop after a long day on the road. The 5 start rating comes from what happened after we left. After about 10 hours of driving after we left the Super 8, we discovered that one of my wife's bags was not in the car. This bag had all our personal effects & toiletries. Her wallet with all her Credit Cards and Cash were also in the bag. I called the hotel and described the missing bag. They said they found it in the parking lot - I must have set it on the ground when I was packing everything else (our Explorer was stuffed with bags, pillows, etc...). They boxed it up and mailed it to my house. Everything was intact - including all the cash.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
California
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I stayed here on my way driving across the country with my dogs. This was one of the less expensive hotels, and it was a very good value for the price we paid (around $55). The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room and hotel were quite clean. Our room was spacious, with a comfortable bed, a fridge and microwave, and decent selection of cable channels. The breakfast was limited, but was actually better than I would have expected for the room price. This Super 8 does allow dogs with a refundable deposit, which is a very fair way to accomodate pets. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a convenient, good-priced overnight.

• Stayed September 2009
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2008

The person at the front desk was warm, chatty and friendly both over the phone (my GPS couldn't find the hotel, so I had to call for directions) and at checkout. A great first impression.
Our room had a queen bed and the usual basic amenities, and was nice and clean. It was across the highway from town (I could have found it without a GPS if I'd turned left instead of right), very close to a little park by the river, and close to several local attractions and restaurants. We drove into town but could easily have walked, ate at Valentino's and visited the petrified wood gallery with its impressive collection.
Slept comfortably. The coffee in the room was above average. I usually use my own coffee, but here I didn't need to. There was a nice exercise room with a treadmill, cross-country, and two bikes. I didn't try the hot tub.
The breakfast area was spacious and sunny. There was a nice selection of fruit, hot and cold cereals, bread, juices and a colorful, tasty assortment of locally made doughnuts. Again, I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff in the morning.
We were only passing through on our way across the country, but it would have been a pleasure to stay in Ogallala for a couple more nights. It's a neat little town with lots to do, and the friendliness at this Super 8 made the short visit very pleasant.

• Liked — Low price, friendly people, good coffee, tempting doughnuts
  • Disliked — A pool would have been nice, but we didn't miss it. besides, the lake is nearby
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Central Nebraska
Reviewed 14 May 2008

The room was clean, the bed was nice, just nothing to die for. There was a past guest's tanktop left in the bathroom, though. I was disappointed in the continental breakfast..very small and incomplete. Overall...average.

• Liked — Privacy.
  • Disliked — Continental breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 23 June 2007

Didn't find any of the problems that others had. I found it to be a good, and reasonable place to stop off I-80. The front desk clerks seemed to be very pleasant and inviting. I had both a fridge and microwave in my room, which I found to be nice and clean. Breakfast was nothing too extravagant, but not the worst I've seen by a longshot. If driving through again I would return.

• Liked — Easy check in, check out
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
South Central Minnesota
Reviewed 16 March 2007

We didn't do any research, just pulled over when we needed to stop for the night. At this truck-stop-sized town, we were surprised to find free wireless internet but minimal cable channels. Compared to other economy motels on this same trip, we ended up paying a little bit more for a little bit less. While other motels offered us a fridge in our room, this Super 8 had none.

• Liked — ?
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank deardruh
Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2007

Front desk clerk was more interested in watching TV than checking us in or answering questions. Romm was adequate, but did not feel clean.

• Stayed January 2007
1 Thank RoadWarriorHelpMeet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 10 in Ogallala

Been to Super 8 Ogallala? Share your experiences!