“Wow! Fantastic venue for a wedding!”

Waterton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walton
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wow! Fantastic venue for a wedding!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have just celebrated my daughters wedding at Walton Hall. It was superb. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble. Pauline, the wedding co-ordinator went out of her way to help. The rooms were set out exactly as we requested including 40 metres of bunting! It looked perfect. The wedding breakfast was delicious, plentiful and hot! The staff were efficient, attentive and friendly. I really could find nothing at all that could have been improved. The location is stunning. The photos are amazing. We all stayed overnight and the bedrooms were comfortable and spacious. All in all 20 out of 10 for a perfect day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jilldoyle1
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your great review and giving us a whopping 20 out of 10! I'm so pleased your daughter had a fabulous wedding day and I will pass your comments onto Pauline and all the staff involved.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel as my friend got married here. The wedding was fantastic and the venue is great for weddings. Setting is beautiful on a lake with a manor house on an island. Service at the wedding meal was prompt but smiles and friendliness were absent. Also absent at the bar in the evening. Overall the service was poor apart from at breakfast in the old house on the island which was very good. The food throughout was excellent, at the wedding lunch, evening buffet and breakfast in the morning.
The room I stayed in was not worth the money paid at all. Stayed in a twin in the manor house on the island. I have stayed in many hotels and this is the worst room vs money paid ever. Not clean, uncomfortable bed with a dip in the middle! No air con, very odd layout with chairs blocking the wardrobe and balcony. No minibar which I would've expected. The back of the TV was thick with dust! Room 6 was the room if the hotel want to go check it out!
If the room was clean and had a minibar and a more comfortable bed and service was with a smile it would be 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2013
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the wedding and I have taken note of your other comments. I will pass these onto the relevant people who will deal with them accordingly.
Wakefield
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend as we were having our wedding reception at the golf club up the road.
The car park was full and the place was very busy as there was a wedding (possibly two?)on. Walked over the bridge to the beautiful old building. Waited a good 10minutes before being told we were in the new building.headed back over the bridge to check In which was dealt with quickly.
The room we had was lovely I wish I'd Had more time to stay I it.
Phone reception is terrible as is the wifi ! I called reception to say I couldn't log on and she told me there were absolutely no problems with the Wifi...however when if had my lengthy wait in the old building I heard a man say exactly the same to the receptionist..and she gave exactly the same answer!! My husband and in laws couldn't get it either !
All in all I'm not sure i would return or recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WakefieldAnnie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I hope you had a lovely wedding day! I'm pleased you liked your room and I have noted your comments and will pass your thoughts onto the relevent people. All the best for your future life together.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is an excellent setting for a wedding reception with it being set on an island in the lake. Stunning views, excellent customer service and assistance from all staff. The back drop is an excellent place for wedding photos and an ideal place for relaxing. We had a magnificent day made better by the staff at the hotel. The room we had was stunning and very comfortable. The prices are reasonable for a place like this, and the drink prices are obviously dearer than your local but not too expensive. Breakfast in the morning was also very good and once again all the staff were very helpful & friendly. They also have a swimming pool etc. on site which my grandson used and this all looked very well looked after. I would recommend this venue to anyone thinking of either a wedding or just a nice relaxing place to visit, or even for a Sunday lunch!

Room Tip: Rooms on the island offer a good view of the lake
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TomG624
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very pleased you had such a good wedding and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future...perhaps for Sunday Lunch!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last five years and always had amazing service, very friendly staff and beautiful rooms to stay in.
The two buildings are so different moving from the old to the new seamlessly and it doesn't matter which one you stay in, all are ultra comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda P
Hi Linda we are so pleased you enjoy our Hotel and keep coming back and thank you for your great review!
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From the very furst viewing of walton hall as a wedding venue to the day itself, I have continued to be thoroughly impressed by the excellent service and friendly nature of each and every member of staff I have come into contact with. Pauline, the wedding planner has treated us like royalty from start to finish and has certainly taken all of the stress out of planning the wedding. Nothing has been too much for her, she has always made time for us and has constantly gone out of her way to ensure that we have had the very best experience.
From the big things right through to the tiniest detail, the day itself was expertly managed by pauline, paul and andrew who put us at ease and ensured everything ran smoothky, we coukd not have asked for more.
As a guest in the hotel, I felt the service was just as good from the receptionist to the bar and leisure staff. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a quiet weekend away. The food in charlies bar is absolutely beatiful and I have been there for lunch on a number of occassions.
I cannot thank the staff enough for alk their gard work and dedication

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma C
Hi Gemma, thank you for your wonderful review. It’s such a pleasure to get great feedback and the staff really appreciate acknowledgement for their hard work. They all work hard to ensure everyone's experience at the Waterton Park Hotel is a great one. I'm so pleased you had a fantastic day and I wish you all the best for you future life together.
york
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Set in a beautiful location the Waterton park hotel sets the mood immediately and expectations are raised when you see the beautiful central hotel that is situated on the island. We stayed here during a wedding which we attended. There were a few problems with the room card machine but they soon sorted this out and the hotel were kind enough to let us check in a couple of hours early.

The room was excellent, with a four poster bed, slipper bath, double shower and classic decor and every bit of it was spotless. One thing it didn't have was air-con' however a fan was provided, I do however believe that this would not have helped much if the weather had been as hot as previous days.

The wedding went smoothly, the food was very good, the drinks extortionate £4.40 a pint of Guinness! (To be expected) The location itself makes the hotel such a wonderful place, such exquisite views and I would be more than happy to stay here again it is however quite expensive so I would have to save it for special occasions unless I get a very large pay rise or win the lottery!

Room Tip: Get one on the Island
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yorkshiredave1981
KateCloughPR, Guest Relations Manager at Waterton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2014
Thank you for your super review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the wedding you attended. I do hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton
Oulton Hall & Spa
Cedar Court Hotel Wakefield
#1 of 1 in Calder Grove
Holiday Inn Express Wakefield
Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel

Been to Waterton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!